Author Topic: Keycap & Keyboard Photography  (Read 2186144 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Keycap & Keyboard Photography
« Reply #2150 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 18:18:19 »
Oh wow the Penumbra set is so beautiful. Also those are wonderful pictures :) I heard there is going to be a Penumbra round 2 so I'll have to get in on it. I have yet to try SA and I really want to lol. I'm in Orlando over by UCF. I'm home for the summer as I go to college in Jackson, MS. I missed Florida lol Publix mostly.

BRO, I KID YOU NOT! I l literally just got back from Publix to buy the 8-piece fried chicken because it was on sale, and I said to my mom, "if I move out of FL, the thing I'm going to miss most is Publix subs and fried chicken!" LOLOLOL!!! Publix is a true American gem, man.

Thank you for the compliments! Penumbra is amazing, albeit slightly on the too-tall side. The texture of SA caps is unmatched. SO BUTTER SMOOTH.

I'm a Gator btw :3 I just moved to Tampa after 10 years in Gainesville :P

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2151 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 18:22:09 »
Publix subs FTW
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2152 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 18:32:02 »
Publix subs FTW

It is seriously the best. I sent non-FL GH ppl phone pics when I'm eating it. Let me find some from the past on my phone, and post it here ~

~~~

Incoming potato phone photos ~ the sumo hand was for scale... ^^;;

Who would believe this huge chicken tender sammich is only $6.99

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2153 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 18:43:40 »
Oh wow the Penumbra set is so beautiful. Also those are wonderful pictures :) I heard there is going to be a Penumbra round 2 so I'll have to get in on it. I have yet to try SA and I really want to lol. I'm in Orlando over by UCF. I'm home for the summer as I go to college in Jackson, MS. I missed Florida lol Publix mostly.

BRO, I KID YOU NOT! I l literally just got back from Publix to buy the 8-piece fried chicken because it was on sale, and I said to my mom, "if I move out of FL, the thing I'm going to miss most is Publix subs and fried chicken!" LOLOLOL!!! Publix is a true American gem, man.

Thank you for the compliments! Penumbra is amazing, albeit slightly on the too-tall side. The texture of SA caps is unmatched. SO BUTTER SMOOTH.

Haha even though I've lived here in Orlando for like 18 years I'm still not a UCF fan. So I am not offended by your swamp-loving :p I want a Publix sub so badly. The chicken tender one is my favorite as well as the cuban... ALSO THE SWEET TEA. At least once a week me and my brother ride our longboards over to publix and split a whole sub and a half gallon of sweet tea. Its pretty perf.

UGH I wish I got into this hobby sooner so I wouldn't have missed out on all of the SA GB's... and I'm now regretting not getting into Modern Selectric or Jukebox...
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2154 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 18:50:39 »
Publix subs FTW

It is seriously the best. I sent non-FL GH ppl phone pics when I'm eating it. Let me find some from the past on my phone, and post it here ~

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that looks like a ****ing nightmare to eat

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2155 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:07:11 »
Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

just imagine pooping it out
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2156 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:44:59 »
Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I just did, and I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2157 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:45:48 »
Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Veg contains fiber, make you easier to poop
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2158 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:47:04 »
Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What are you a common sense bot?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2159 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:51:45 »
Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What are you a common sense bot?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_fiber

I'm bored...

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2160 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 21:54:43 »

Haha even though I've lived here in Orlando for like 18 years I'm still not a UCF fan. So I am not offended by your swamp-loving :p I want a Publix sub so badly. The chicken tender one is my favorite as well as the cuban... ALSO THE SWEET TEA. At least once a week me and my brother ride our longboards over to publix and split a whole sub and a half gallon of sweet tea. Its pretty perf.

UGH I wish I got into this hobby sooner so I wouldn't have missed out on all of the SA GB's... and I'm now regretting not getting into Modern Selectric or Jukebox...

Whoa I'm over in the back of Avalon off S Alafaya. We should hang out sometime.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2161 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:07:51 »

WHAT NO WAY. I'm in Stoneybrook!!! Did you see the fireworks tonight?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2162 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:11:59 »

Haha, cool. We're in Spring Isle, so we saw Stoneybrook's, Waterford's, and Avalon's from my son's bedroom upstairs. Tonight our family was kind of low key; last night we went to Baldwin Park and did the whole "4th of July" thing and this morning went to the carnival in Winter Park. I'm totally partied out.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2163 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 22:15:12 »

Haha, cool. We're in Spring Isle, so we saw Stoneybrook's, Waterford's, and Avalon's from my son's bedroom upstairs. Tonight our family was kind of low key; last night we went to Baldwin Park and did the whole "4th of July" thing and this morning went to the carnival in Winter Park. I'm totally partied out.

Ah yeah. I only saw the fireworks tonight and went to Marlow's tavern for dinner. I have an organic chemistry exam on Tuesday so thats taking up all of my time >.< I'm down for hanging out at some point!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2164 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 01:57:26 »
Show Image

I missed Geekhack..

Wow!

Hot and cold.

Show Image

Classic :)

Recently bought my first camera (Nikon D7000) so I'm new to this.

Show Image

Dolch with Sadsters by Nick Bair, on Flickr

Yellow goes very well with Dolch!

Actually it goes very well with pretty much anything ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #2165 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 15:04:36 »
Hot and cold.

Show Image

Very nice, beautiful lighting. I'd love to see the setup where this photo was taken. I need some pointers...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2166 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:17:43 »
Power Tools to get out switches that would not desolder, don't worry, PCB was dead, and I needed the plate.
Untitled by skurela, on Flickr

Offline Nask

« Reply #2167 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 13:40:10 »
It's been ... months I hadn't used my cam.

I tried some, I will make a better photoshoot someday.

Palet of Colors :

Multi-Layers:

Zoom-In:
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #2168 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 17:15:40 »
Since you posted 1976 I might as well post mine... :thumb:

<- My Collection (so far)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2169 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 19:11:36 »
Since you posted 1976 I might as well post mine... :thumb:

Show Image

I love this board I remember when you posted it on reddit <3

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #2170 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 23:12:35 »
mmmmm @ the camo novatouch

we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #2171 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 23:19:13 »
Show Image

Absolutely love that first photo, bro. Love the cropping~

Are those caps from Unicomp?

Publix subs FTW

~~~

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It is... but it's just so good... the whole experience is decadent. It's guilty bliss.

LOLOLOL ~

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_fiber

Show Image

I'm bored...

Science is life. Lol.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 July 2015, 23:22:08 by VesperSAINT »

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #2172 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:28:21 »
... ...

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #2173 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 21:10:10 »
My favorite shot of my CM Novatouch + Calm Depths  :cool:
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 21:14:22 by maxpegasus »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2174 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 21:22:15 »
Nice pic! I always love the contrast of keyboards with more natural backdrop
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2175 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 21:46:36 »

Love the combo, I need to get myself one of those SA
either CD or Penumbra....

Offline maxpegasus

« Reply #2176 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 00:02:43 »

Thank you! I usually find lighting to be much more even outside as well

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2177 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 00:03:29 »

Thank you! I usually find lighting to be much more even outside as well

For sure, natural light makes shooting way easier

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2178 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 09:06:27 »

Lightpad WIP
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2179 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:35:37 »
Lightpad WIP
Looks really good! Can't wait for a picture together with your Orion! :cool:

No clear switch tops this time?
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:53:27 by wlhlm »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2180 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:42:23 »
Lightpad WIP
Looks really good! Can't wait on a picture together with your Orion! :cool:

No clear switch tops this time?
That's the WIP part. ;)
It has a double 0 right now so it needs to be desoldered anyway.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2181 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 15:46:05 »
Really cool indeed. The gasmask suits it really well too!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2182 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:24:12 »
Took some quick shots while I'm at the beach. Don't have photoshop on my laptop so I can't do my normal tweaks :(.

sorry it's so dirty T__T

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2183 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:32:06 »
Took some quick shots while I'm at the beach. Don't have photoshop on my laptop so I can't do my normal tweaks :(.

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

**** that case is so nice

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2184 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:37:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

does it float?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2185 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 16:51:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T
put it on ur head

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2186 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 18:55:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

What normally tweaks? Its so pretty. What are you gonna put in it?

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #2187 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 19:42:54 »
Vesper they are stock dyesubs that I then dyed myself, a little too dark though. The legends are pretty difficult to see. The blanks are from unicomp though.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2188 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 19:43:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

What normally tweaks? Its so pretty. What are you gonna put in it?
His Corsa PCB. It was the one posted in the mail thread that arrived in the bubble mailer (lol). He had the switches swapped. 2

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #2189 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 19:47:13 »

I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of this board somewhere and it definitely solidified calm depths as my 2nd fav keyset next to penumbra.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2190 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 20:14:09 »

I'm pretty sure I saw a pic of this board somewhere and it definitely solidified calm depths as my 2nd fav keyset next to penumbra.

Agreed :D you sir Mookzs have fantastic taste. What do you think of the Carbon set that might come out soon?

Offline maxpegasus

« Reply #2191 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 20:51:44 »

Yep I posted this pic once before over on r/mk. And CD is my all time favorite keyset, sort of gives me that underwater Bioshock vibe. I was absolutely ecstatic when I found a set!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #2192 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:04:38 »
Put together the RS84 from Ivan's recent gb!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2193 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:06:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

You take your keyboards to the beach??
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2194 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:09:11 »
Put together the RS84 from Ivan's recent gb!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Like I said on r/mk loove love love this board. It's so beautiful. It just works lol Great pictures as well :D

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2195 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:33:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

We are going to have a battle of the corsas. Hyper grey vs apple silver, who will win?  ;)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2196 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:55:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

We are going to have a battle of the corsas. Hyper grey vs apple silver, who will win?  ;)
Yours has a PCB, so I vote yours

Offline maxpegasus

« Reply #2197 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 22:56:11 »
Really cool indeed. The gasmask suits it really well too!

Thank you! I'm very pleased with it  :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2198 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 00:26:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

Yeah but if it's broken does it matter?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2199 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 00:39:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

sorry it's so dirty T__T

Yeah but if it's broken does it matter?
Schrodinger's PCB