Author Topic: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK  (Read 223477 times)

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] Melody96 Type-C + QMK
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:34:59 »
Anyone have ordered a silver one? I'm wondering what kind of tone the silver has. If anyone has a clear picture of it, will be much appreciated.

from reddit: https://imgur.com/gallery/h0tvGlg

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #501 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:37:49 »
I for one will be removing those feet bumpers, yuck!

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:46:49 »
I for one will be removing those feet bumpers, yuck!

Good news, they don't come pre-attached.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 13:49:30 »
Yeah, I'd like to track down more of these bumpers, actually. I don't like the large ones, but the flat ones are fine. That way I can preserve the angle.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #504 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 18:57:16 »
Just finished soldering.  Still in my honeymoon phase, but very happy with my purchase.  For some reason my caps lock led isn't working, but I'm not pulling it back apart to see why.  LEDs are for chumps anyways.

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:22:46 »
hmmm, am i seeing things? upper top is gold and bottom half is silver?197158-0.....nevermind its just the lighting.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 June 2018, 10:24:47 by bluesclera »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 13:56:58 »
hmmm, am i seeing things? upper top is gold and bottom half is silver? (Attachment Link) .....nevermind its just the lighting.

Just lighting i guess. From the same album from reddit.  https://i.imgur.com/QccaCmx.jpg

Gold seems pretty different to me: https://stormlike.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/img_1126-e1528105814901-768x365.jpg 
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 June 2018, 13:58:40 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 14:00:51 »
hmmm, am i seeing things? upper top is gold and bottom half is silver? (Attachment Link) .....nevermind its just the lighting.

Here is another silver album (always from reddit): https://imgur.com/a/2j8ygAa

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 16:04:00 »
I had a pleasant surprise show up on my doorstep today.  I did not receive any shipping notice, so my order (#M169) arrived out of the blue.  I had originally ordered a Purple top + acrylic bottom, but decided to go all aluminum with the last production update.  Also upgraded to a brass plate that I hadn't selected in my original order.  Some pictures:

As you can see in the last two pictures, there are a few dents on the bottom side of the top case.  One on the upper left corner and two on the upper right.  The box it was shipped in does not have any dents or signs of rough transit, so I believe this left YMDK with these defects.  I'm not too upset to do anything about it (since it's on seldom seen bottom), but I'm just annoyed.  I plan on getting things assembled this weekend so hopefully I'll have more photos to share soon.

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 16:07:22 »
I had a pleasant surprise show up on my doorstep today.  I did not receive any shipping notice, so my order (#M169) arrived out of the blue.  I had originally ordered a Purple top + acrylic bottom, but decided to go all aluminum with the last production update.  Also upgraded to a brass plate that I hadn't selected in my original order.  Some pictures:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As you can see in the last two pictures, there are a few dents on the bottom side of the top case.  One on the upper left corner and two on the upper right.  The box it was shipped in does not have any dents or signs of rough transit, so I believe this left YMDK with these defects.  I'm not too upset to do anything about it (since it's on seldom seen bottom), but I'm just annoyed.  I plan on getting things assembled this weekend so hopefully I'll have more photos to share soon.
That purple is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I want to buy your ETF and Garbo Pusses. PM me

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 17:41:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Makes me salty about buying through the website. There was no option for a purple bottom there, so mine is grey.

Offline geolchris

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:12:05 »
Received mine on Monday, went to start building it today but I noticed there's no screws to attach the base to the frame or the plate - dumb question, but do I have to provide my own? If so, what size are they?

Is there a build guide / instructions anywhere?

Thanks!

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:18:14 »
Received mine on Monday, went to start building it today but I noticed there's no screws to attach the base to the frame or the plate - dumb question, but do I have to provide my own? If so, what size are they?

Thanks!
There should have been a bag of screws included.

Offline geolchris

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:23:49 »

Thanks!

Hmm...great. I got the stabs and the feet, and some extra LED's it looks like, but no screws. I'll email Vincent.

Offline geolchris

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:48:29 »

Thanks!

Hmm...great. I got the stabs and the feet, and some extra LED's it looks like, but no screws. I'll email Vincent.

Got in touch with Vincent, he said they are M2-6 screws and that he’d either ship me more or cover the cost of I wanted to buy local. Great service 🙂

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #515 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:06:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Love the look of the purple and the brass plate, but it's a shame that it came dented. Hopefully it's not too noticeable in person at least!

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #516 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:29:55 »
Is there any update regarding eu-uk orders? Ive not gotten any confirmations on email for anything

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:20:50 »
Is there any update regarding eu-uk orders? Ive not gotten any confirmations on email for anything

Or if possible, is there a general status update? I know there were some delays with Acrylic, but did that affect the overal shipping schedule for later rounds? The last update listen the end of May as continuing production, and we're past that now.

I know mine won't arrive for a while because I'm waaaay back in the 360s, but an update on progress would be nice given the above.

Offline MattSG

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:14:26 »
Did anyone else order black? Haven't seen any yet, apparently mine is shipping this week, #265, I can't wait

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #519 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:16:58 »
Did anyone else order black? Haven't seen any yet, apparently mine is shipping this week, #265, I can't wait
I have black, M156 and I was told mine was shipping this week. No text from DHL yet though

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #520 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:22:19 »
No shipping notification for me yet, supposed to be shipping this week from what I understand

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #521 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:24:34 »
I wouldn't expect a text from DHL, I never got one.  They also said the package was signed for, even though it was just left outside on my porch.  Didn't even know it was delivered until I emailed Vincent and he sent me a tracking number and it said it had been signed for a few hours prior.  Glad I live in a good area.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:55:24 »
I warned Vincent about this no-tracking issue when keyboard is in fact shipped. 

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 17:07:51 »
I warned Vincent about this no-tracking issue when keyboard is in fact shipped.
I hope every orders get to their respective owners safely

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 17:24:58 »
Love this case! are you doing this sale ever again?

Offline geolchris

« Reply #525 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:33:29 »

Thanks!

Got in touch with Vincent, he said they are M2-6 screws and that he’d either ship me more or cover the cost of I wanted to buy local. Great service 🙂

Just finished the build - wanted to update this, I needed M2-4's for plate to frame, and M2-4's for the thinner section of the acrylic to the frame (M2-5's probably would have worked) and M2-6's for the thicker side of the acrylic base.

All in - 4x M2-6's and 20x M2-4's.

Also - here's the final build: https://imgur.com/a/Xyj3tS1

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 18:40:12 »
I have black, M156 and I was told mine was shipping this week. No text from DHL yet though

Mine is black as well. So, at this rate, it might be another month or so before the 300s ship. I'm okay with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #527 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:13:35 »

Thanks!

Got in touch with Vincent, he said they are M2-6 screws and that he’d either ship me more or cover the cost of I wanted to buy local. Great service

Just finished the build - wanted to update this, I needed M2-4's for plate to frame, and M2-4's for the thinner section of the acrylic to the frame (M2-5's probably would have worked) and M2-6's for the thicker side of the acrylic base.

All in - 4x M2-6's and 20x M2-4's.

Also - here's the final build: https://imgur.com/a/Xyj3tS1
That's interesting. The aluminum base used the same screw size across the board.

Offline truong3016

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 21:36:09 »
Mine is ~200, top black bot silver, and was already shipped couple of days ago, living in VietNam though :)

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 03:01:07 »
Got mine in the mail today. Cyan acrylic bottom. Everything looks good. Tested the PCB and LED, no issues there. Only problem is they forgot to pack the switches that were supposed to come with the order. Already emailed Vincent so I hope I don't have to wait too long to get them  :cool:

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #530 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 03:45:16 »
Mine arrived today! Oddly enough, I got a tracking e-mail after it arrived.

Trying to program it now (to this: https://i.imgur.com/hmLFwVz.jpg), but I have a question.  My board has only two switches to the right of the spacebar (pic: https://imgur.com/IXzH2Qc).  How do I handle that with the .eson on kbfirmware.com (pic: https://imgur.com/a/xk90Cdb)?  Just use the two left most switches?

Oh, and was it supposed to come with some sort of rubber feet?  Mine did not, is there anywhere I could buy something that'd fit into the little holes on the bottom?

I get the following error when flashing.

Code: [Select]
*** Attempting to flash, please don't remove device
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 erase --force
    dfu-programmer: no device present.
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 flash "C:\Users\Ender\Downloads\me96.hex"
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 reset

Any idea how to fix it?
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 June 2018, 05:36:28 by building_an_ergo »

Offline MacGruber117

« Reply #531 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 05:09:05 »
Just got tracking for my order, M156 black top, acrylic bottom, brass plate. I sent Vincent an email a few days ago asking about my order, which is probably why I got a tracking number. My order is currently in Hong Kong

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #532 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 09:17:39 »
Anyone else have trouble programming this thing? I followed the instructions in the email sent out...the leds light up and my pc recognizes it’s plugged in, but neither the driver software or qmk toolbox is recognizing the board.

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #533 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 09:42:24 »
Anyone else have trouble programming this thing? I followed the instructions in the email sent out...the leds light up and my pc recognizes it’s plugged in, but neither the driver software or qmk toolbox is recognizing the board.

So apparently there is an issue with the qmk toolbox missing proper drivers.

I followed the bottom of this guide:
>https://mechkeys.ca/pages/qmk-programming-how-to

And finally got it to work.

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #534 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 13:35:54 »
I just pulled the source from GIT and built it manually without issue.  I dislike the GUI apps for whatever reason, so haven't tried that method.

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #535 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 13:56:50 »
Mine arrived today! Oddly enough, I got a tracking e-mail after it arrived.

Trying to program it now (to this: https://i.imgur.com/hmLFwVz.jpg), but I have a question.  My board has only two switches to the right of the spacebar (pic: https://imgur.com/IXzH2Qc).  How do I handle that with the .eson on kbfirmware.com (pic: https://imgur.com/a/xk90Cdb)?  Just use the two left most switches?

Oh, and was it supposed to come with some sort of rubber feet?  Mine did not, is there anywhere I could buy something that'd fit into the little holes on the bottom?

I get the following error when flashing.

Code: [Select]
*** Attempting to flash, please don't remove device
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 erase --force
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 flash "C:\Users\Ender\Downloads\me96.hex"
>>> dfu-programmer.exe atmega32u4 reset

Any idea how to fix it?
I use Amtel Flip to flash mine, quick easy and painless.

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #536 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 14:29:37 »

So apparently there is an issue with the qmk toolbox missing proper drivers.

I followed the bottom of this guide:
>https://mechkeys.ca/pages/qmk-programming-how-to

And finally got it to work.

Ok thanks I’ll give that a try.

I usually only remap one or two keys so I much prefer bootmapper. Lol

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #537 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 07:44:42 »

Just making sure - you are putting it into programming mode by hitting the reset key OR pressing the reset button on the underside of the PCB right?

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #538 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 10:14:43 »
Anyone got any tips for getting the top really deep screws out of the alu base? I've got a 0pt phillips head but the screws just won't come out

Edit: NVM got it, used 1 hand to put loads of pressure on the screw and the other one to turn the screwdriver
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 10:22:08 by CallumMcG »

Offline quadfreak

« Reply #539 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 10:38:25 »

Just making sure - you are putting it into programming mode by hitting the reset key OR pressing the reset button on the underside of the PCB right?

Yes I tried both of those options. Gonna mess with is some more today.

Edit: Ok...was finally able to get this programmed. What I had to do was go into Zadig and click "list all devices" under the options tab to get it to show up so i could update the driver. I missed where it said that in the PDF email cause it was squished in between some other info. I feel dumb but it happens sometimes haha. Hopefully this will help anyone who runs into the same (self inflicted) problem. haha
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 11:04:20 by quadfreak »

Offline HADHAYOSH

« Reply #540 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 14:28:43 »
Haven't received mine yet, but anyone know what the compatibility is like with holtites/Kailh PCB sockets? I'm not gonna have access to a soldering gun for another month or two

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 15:15:44 »
Haven't received mine yet, but anyone know what the compatibility is like with holtites/Kailh PCB sockets? I'm not gonna have access to a soldering gun for another month or two
You can't put kailh sockets on this, dude. You need special pcbs for those.

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 15:23:57 »
WOOOOO finally got some tracking. The hype train has left the station, we're rolling coal!

Offline CallumMcG

« Reply #543 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 15:25:05 »
It's done, once my pulse set arrives it's end game for me. Also hyped that my USB C to Mini B adapter works. Has Titanium gray top and bottom, brass weight and plate, lubed Zealios 67g, Genuine Cherry Stabs that have been clipped, lubed and band aid modded, Maxkey SA Cyan on White with a KF Cyanara, Primecaps Neptune's Crest TRDL, BroCaps Patriot Reaper v1 and a Koicaps blue key.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline Tasteless

« Reply #544 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 16:10:38 »
Finally took the time to disassemble and see what was up with my caps lock LED, turns out I just soldered in a bad LED without testing first...

Anyways, pictures now.

Need to figure out how to dim the indicator LEDs in QMK, as the white ones I bought are waaay too bright as can be seen in the pictures.

Offline HADHAYOSH

« Reply #545 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 19:42:06 »

Yeah, that's why I asked---since I don't know if this PCB was made with Kailh sockets or holtites in mind, and haven't seen it mentioned, I figured I'd see if someone else had tried.

Offline Mustangdvx

« Reply #546 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 19:57:08 »

Yeah, that's why I asked---since I don't know if this PCB was made with Kailh sockets or holtites in mind, and haven't seen it mentioned, I figured I'd see if someone else had tried.

Holtites are a no go for this board. I tried the ones from Zeal and they fall right out. Cut to me buying a soldering station and learning how to solder. Lol. This damn hobby.

Offline JamesShaw

« Reply #547 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 20:26:32 »

Holtites are a no go for this board. I tried the ones from Zeal and they fall right out. Cut to me buying a soldering station and learning how to solder. Lol. This damn hobby.

it's good to learn new thing, man  ;D

I was in the same situation. Bought holtites for my leeku pcb but it turn out pretty bad.

Offline unluckygamer

« Reply #548 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:40:19 »
Has anyone from 200+ acrylic order received their melody?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 22:58:05 by unluckygamer »

Offline Cpt0bvius

« Reply #549 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 00:23:31 »

I purchased holtites from Digi-Key(8134-HC-8P2). I received the request for shipping information on the 5th, no clue when I'll get it but I'll update whether they fit or not.