Author Topic: [GB] GRAY STUDIO- HB85(Finished)  (Read 54187 times)

Offline rooski15

Re: [GB] GRAY STUDIO- HB85(all send to zf)
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 12:51:47 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 16:55:27 »
Found this repo on the QMK firmware today.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/gray_studio/hb85

Is anything pushed to the QMK firmware site?

Offline rooski15

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 10:45:23 »

Not sure what you mean - I believe that it the main QMK repo, so it stands to reason it's testing and working. I will try it later with my spare pcb.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 12:52:45 »

Not sure what you mean - I believe that it the main QMK repo, so it stands to reason it's testing and working. I will try it later with my spare pcb.

Ah, sorry I didn't realize it's in the master branch.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 13:12:32 »
Perhaps this is what mechmerlin kindly did when he used my board to port it over to qmk? I've been travelling so didn't get a chance to watch his stream.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 14:03:25 »
Perhaps this is what mechmerlin kindly did when he used my board to port it over to qmk? I've been travelling so didn't get a chance to watch his stream.

Looking at the log, it was originally published by someone else, but mechmerlin refactored it this morning. Looks a lot cleaner than it did yesterday.

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/commit/995b31a565e88b29e1f6a4493e7ab8b3d7951f99
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2019, 14:05:11 by rooski15 »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 14:10:01 »
@oldcat @rooski, mrpetrov was kind enough to lend me this board while I did some work on it. The new changes were done on the recent episodes of https://www.twitch.tv/mechmerlin

The original contributor is fcoury (misterkeebs on youtube) the guy who ported the Alice over.

The changes merged into master today include
1. QMK Configurator support
2. Support for the 3 layouts mentioned in the GB (stt, basic, aop), and a fourth that contains all possible positions (stt+basic+aop combined).
3. Readme reorgnization which tells how to get this board flashed and working with qmk (You need to eeprom reset it).

You can try out the QMK configurator here: https://config.qmk.fm/#/gray_studio/hb85/LAYOUT_all

Offline Capsy

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 14:16:21 »
Thanks Merlin !! The new instructions are super helpful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Capsy

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 22:04:05 »
Okay. So I followed merlin's instructions to the T mentioned here https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/gray_studio/hb85 and flashed the AOP layout for my board perfectly. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the guide and the port. I can confirm that it works.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 23:30:48 »
Okay. So I followed merlin's instructions to the T mentioned here https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/gray_studio/hb85 and flashed the AOP layout for my board perfectly. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the guide and the port. I can confirm that it works.

Nice!
Love the QMK community!

Offline rooski15

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 12:30:33 »
@oldcat @rooski, mrpetrov was kind enough to lend me this board while I did some work on it. The new changes were done on the recent episodes of https://www.twitch.tv/mechmerlin

The original contributor is fcoury (misterkeebs on youtube) the guy who ported the Alice over.

The changes merged into master today include
1. QMK Configurator support
2. Support for the 3 layouts mentioned in the GB (stt, basic, aop), and a fourth that contains all possible positions (stt+basic+aop combined).
3. Readme reorgnization which tells how to get this board flashed and working with qmk (You need to eeprom reset it).

You can try out the QMK configurator here: https://config.qmk.fm/#/gray_studio/hb85/LAYOUT_all

Thanks Merlin!

Can confirm that it's working on my stt layout.
I have, however, noticed that occasionally when toggling the RGB, it will turn off and not turn back on. Sometimes if I wait a while it will respond, other times I have to EEP-RST to get it to come back.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 March 2019, 12:46:27 by rooski15 »

Offline greygoo

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 08:10:05 »
AIRPOTTER!! YOU SENT ME THIS DEFECTED KEYBOARD!! AND YOU PROMISED ME TO SEND ME REPLACEMENT AFTER THE HOLIDAY!! BUT YOU EVEN IGNORE MY MESSAGE AND EMAIL!! PLEASE ANSWER IT ASAP!!

Offline aszyd

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 23:34:21 »
Dare I ask if there are any extras? I need this in my life.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 00:56:10 »
Dare I ask if there are any extras? I need this in my life.

Gotta hunt the aftermarket.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #214 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 01:19:31 »
AIRPOTTER!! YOU SENT ME THIS DEFECTED KEYBOARD!! AND YOU PROMISED ME TO SEND ME REPLACEMENT AFTER THE HOLIDAY!! BUT YOU EVEN IGNORE MY MESSAGE AND EMAIL!! PLEASE ANSWER IT ASAP!!

Hello brother, please work with zfrontier on customer service issues as this GB was not handled directly by him but through Zfrontier so he does not have customer or order information. As far as I know Potter has not heard from Zfrontier yet and they have not paid his money in full either.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 10:33:55 »
Airpotter/oldcat - any chance of releasing the plate files please for the HB85 - I would like to see if there is interest in organizing an FR4 plate for it. Thanks!

Offline rooski15

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 10:17:02 »
Airpotter/oldcat - any chance of releasing the plate files please for the HB85 - I would like to see if there is interest in organizing an FR4 plate for it. Thanks!

Seconded. :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 11:39:05 »

Seconded. :)

I will talk to Potter and see if he can share with ya'all :)
He is tied up in the flooding situation trying to complete Space65 on time.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 22:34:52 »
i have a weird problem, i tested my pcbs and they were fine, so i built one, tested it again and now it seems borked. if i test it in keyboard tester it wont work properly on the num pad there al scrambled like arrow keys and stuff, but if i go into bootmapper and download the layout its fine and tests fine, tried to type on the internet or anything and its borked and not typing proper all the numbers are arrow keys and no matter how i reflash it its the same., any idea what the issue could be.

do i need to put the pcb in boot mode? if so how do i? i dont see a reset switch?
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2019, 22:47:02 by Jkush463 »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 22:53:21 »
i have a weird problem, i tested my pcbs and they were fine, so i built one, tested it again and now it seems borked. if i test it in keyboard tester it wont work properly on the num pad there al scrambled like arrow keys and stuff, but if i go into bootmapper and download the layout its fine and tests fine, tried to type on the internet or anything and its borked and not typing proper all the numbers are arrow keys and no matter how i reflash it its the same., any idea what the issue could be.

do i need to put the pcb in boot mode? if so how do i? i dont see a reset switch?
It's on QMK now. Some of the PCBs have key mappings all over the place. Flash it using QMK. Putting it into reset mode and all related instructions are on there.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:17:16 »
well this has turned into a nightmare, cant figure out qmk tbh bootmapper is so much easier, i still dont know how to put the board into reset mode and havent been able to flash it, everything is still borked.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:18:14 »
well this has turned into a nightmare, cant figure out qmk tbh bootmapper is so much easier, i still dont know how to put the board into reset mode and havent been able to flash it, everything is still borked.
Reset mode is keeping F3 pressed while inserting the USB cable IIRC.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:36:50 »
idk what happened but everything works now, but whenever i tried to flash a hex it said no device available but it seems to have flashed it? im confused.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:40:00 by Jkush463 »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:39:52 »
still nothing, goes into reset, open qmk config and cant flash my hex, or any hex i make. says no device connected getting tired of ****ing with this thing

HB85 is not flashable using usual QMK methods. Here are the instruction on the QMK repository for this board:

ps2avr(GB) boards use an atmega32a microcontroller and a different bootloader. It is not flashable using the regular QMK methods.

**Reset Key:** Hold down the key located at `K00`, commonly programmed as F3 while plugging in the keyboard.

Windows:
1. Download [HIDBootFlash](http://vusb.wikidot.com/project:hidbootflash).
2. Place your keyboard into reset.
3. Press the `Find Device` button and ensure that your keyboard is found.
4. Press the `Open .hex File` button and locate the `.hex` file you created.
5. Press the `Flash Device` button and wait for the process to complete.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:41:27 »
still nothing, goes into reset, open qmk config and cant flash my hex, or any hex i make. says no device connected getting tired of ****ing with this thing

HB85 is not flashable using usual QMK methods. Here are the instruction on the QMK repository for this board:

ps2avr(GB) boards use an atmega32a microcontroller and a different bootloader. It is not flashable using the regular QMK methods.

**Reset Key:** Hold down the key located at `K00`, commonly programmed as F3 while plugging in the keyboard.

Windows:

makes sense why it wasnt working then, but now it is idk. THank you for the help, ill try again this way and see if i can do a different lay out.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:56:32 »

Windows:

makes sense why it wasnt working then, but now it is idk. THank you for the help, ill try again this way and see if i can do a different lay out.

Glad it worked, the challenge with bootmapper client is that the developer no longer supports it, so QMK is really the best now.

Offline Calvin_G

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 05:57:41 »
Hi there,

I just use HID to change the layout to stt. But I lost all my leds.. How do I get them back? No response when I plug in using Bootmapper...

Thanks guys.

Updates. Tried use QMK flashing again. It worked. But still no LEDs. Do I need to set up LEDs in QMK? How to set up those... Even the caplock, number status light were off too....
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2019, 08:36:31 by Calvin_G »