Author Topic: [GB] Z-Cases 60% Keyboard Cases (We're done fam)  (Read 41797 times)

Offline soilheart

Re: [GB] Z-Cases 60% Keyboard Cases (SHIPPING)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:23:32 »
Ok, I'm confused. Shouldn't my order be "shipped to proxy" by now if I live in Sweden? Or have I misunderstood something?
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:03:32 »
new to 60%'s, can anyone confirm if the atomic pcb plays nice w/ z-cases?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:45:39 »
Ok, I'm confused. Shouldn't my order be "shipped to proxy" by now if I live in Sweden? Or have I misunderstood something?

It's just not all the way updated yet.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 13:13:43 »

Screws go in much different spots
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:27:08 »

pity, that's the only 60% pcb i'm aware of that supports not wasting 6u+ on the spacebar. Thanks.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:35:08 »

pity, that's the only 60% pcb i'm aware of that supports not wasting 6u+ on the spacebar. Thanks.

As long as it's no wider I could adapt my cases
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:36:18 »
I asked jackhumbert and he replied with this. https://github.com/jackhumbert/olkb/blob/master/BOTATM50-MSH.stl

I'm still searching for a good pcb for the christmas case you added to the christmas caplander. all else fails, designing a numpad pcb as practice for a 60% pcb.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 10:25:41 »
I took most of the remainder of the cases to the post office this morning. I guess you can't use priority tape on stuff that's not going priority... Oh well. I'm going to hunting down some opaque tape cause I need to cover it up, and they'll go out Monday. I have a couple people I need to contact with some special circumstances though.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:22:37 »
I took most of the remainder of the cases to the post office this morning. I guess you can't use priority tape on stuff that's not going priority... Oh well. I'm going to hunting down some opaque tape cause I need to cover it up, and they'll go out Monday. I have a couple people I need to contact with some special circumstances though.

Does that mean you can't use non-priority tape on a priority box? :P thanks for the GB!

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 12:32:37 »

Does that mean you can't use non-priority tape on a priority box? :P thanks for the GB!

I'll try this the next time, but I think the fact that I'm being a smart ass will be lost on the post office employees

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 13:14:33 »

Last time I took a box with priority tape on it I had to pay for priority or else they were going to make me take it all off. Such a pita :mad:

I'll try this the next time, but I think the fact that I'm being a smart ass will be lost on the post office employees
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 22:40:28 »

Last time I took a box with priority tape on it I had to pay for priority or else they were going to make me take it all off. Such a pita :mad:

Might wanna check your quote there.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 17:29:06 »
Tracking received (I think). Looks like it will arrive on Tuesday.  :thumb:

Offline ika

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 17:40:47 »

They give you Priority tape and flat rate boxes for free but only because you're only allowed to use them on Priority shipping.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:04:56 »

They give you Priority tape and flat rate boxes for free but only because you're only allowed to use them on Priority shipping.

Lesson learned... All fixed though

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:16:50 »
Any chance of getting one of these cases or is it too late?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 19:46:36 »
Any chance of getting one of these cases or is it too late?

The groupbuy is over, but I believe Ziptyze sometimes does custom orders.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:22:08 »
I got a PM from him last night, just responded. Cheers  :thumb:

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 09:51:56 »
got mine in today! feels alot smoother then i had expected! overall a very sturdy case!

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 10:11:31 »
got mine in today! feels alot smoother then i had expected! overall a very sturdy case!

Show Image

Show Image

Oooo, nice alps!!! glad you like it!!!

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:15:50 »
 :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:52:22 »
I just wanna say both trenzafeeds and ziptyze have been an absolute pleasure to deal with during this buy, 2 stand up guys

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:14:29 »
I almost forgot to thank you! Trenza, Zip, and LeandreN thanks for all your work on this (smooth) GB
The cases look great! This was my first time ever with anything that was 3D printed, and I'm very happy with the result.

I already shared a picture of one of the two cases I got, so here's the link
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75491.msg2024897#msg2024897

Offline soilheart

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 10:59:13 »
I still haven't got my case, have I misunderstood something or wasn't all EU orders shipped from LeandreN a while ago? (I have since got other stuff from LeandreN, so I don't think it's the normal postal delay if so).
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:05:35 »
I still haven't got my case, have I misunderstood something or wasn't all EU orders shipped from LeandreN a while ago? (I have since got other stuff from LeandreN, so I don't think it's the normal postal delay if so).

Somehow I missed sending yours to Leandre... but I sent it directly last week, should come shortly

Offline soilheart

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:16:05 »

Somehow I missed sending yours to Leandre... but I sent it directly last week, should come shortly

Ah, that explains it. Thank you, can't wait! =D

(And thank you for your work in this =) ).

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 16:05:13 »
Mine arrived safe-and-sound today. I'll try and take pictures later in the week, but it's a great looking case.

BTW: did you print this on glass? The bottom is so smooth!

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 22:50:32 »

Mine arrived safe-and-sound today. I'll try and take pictures later in the week, but it's a great looking case.

Yup! Printed on glass

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 10:24:16 »

Yup! Printed on glass

How did you insert the threaded posts into the case?

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 10:53:46 »

Yup! Printed on glass

With a soldering iron. It was pretty nerve racking at first, that I was going to melt something or screw up the holes... but after 100 some cases, I've got it down fairly well

Offline soilheart

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 11:49:42 »

Yup! Printed on glass

With a soldering iron. It was pretty nerve racking at first, that I was going to melt something or screw up the holes... but after 100 some cases, I've got it down fairly well

I read clothing iron at first and thought that you must really be good at using a clothing iron if you could do it with such precision. Then I read the reply again and realized my mistake, boooooring.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 12:15:13 »

Yup! Printed on glass

I read clothing iron at first and thought that you must really be good at using a clothing iron if you could do it with such precision. Then I read the reply again and realized my mistake, boooooring.

Back in college I'd make grilled cheeses with cut open coke cans, and a clothing iron.... does that count for anything???

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 12:43:52 »
Back in college I'd make grilled cheeses with cut open coke cans, and a clothing iron.... does that count for anything???
oh wow so edgy  :p
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 15:26:08 »
Got my case today, looks awesome. Now I just need to decide if I'm to use your case or Dulphin's frosted acrylic for my current build (leaning towards your, as it's a little darker and would fit my planned keycaps set better...)

Anyway, some feedback from using this case with a b.face (from LeandreN's group buy).

Your screw posts are ~0.8mm in diameter (which you probably know =P), but the b.face only seem to have ~0.6-0.7 clearance around the center of the mounting points (meaning the clearance is even less if the case and PCB would differ vertically, which fortunately only happens on the bottom post which has no components near).

There is mainly two places where this is an issue. The first is on the top right post, if a ISO enter stabilizer is used (this is where I first noticed it, as the PCB would not stay in place in the case at first). The second place is the top left where there are components very close to the PCB mounting hole. I've solved this by using a hobby knife on the affected posts (and a little on the others for good measure), but if it's possible to shrink some of the posts (at least the two top ones) I think the compatibility with b.face would be better.

So a thank you again to ziptyze for a nice case, and trenza for doing this GB =)

EDIT: ziptyze: If you want/need pictures of the issues I described just send a PM and I'll take some and send some to you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 17:21:40 by soilheart »

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 20:23:15 »
Got my case today, looks awesome. Now I just need to decide if I'm to use your case or Dulphin's frosted acrylic for my current build (leaning towards your, as it's a little darker and would fit my planned keycaps set better...)

Anyway, some feedback from using this case with a b.face (from LeandreN's group buy).

Your screw posts are ~0.8mm in diameter (which you probably know =P), but the b.face only seem to have ~0.6-0.7 clearance around the center of the mounting points (meaning the clearance is even less if the case and PCB would differ vertically, which fortunately only happens on the bottom post which has no components near).

There is mainly two places where this is an issue. The first is on the top right post, if a ISO enter stabilizer is used (this is where I first noticed it, as the PCB would not stay in place in the case at first). The second place is the top left where there are components very close to the PCB mounting hole. I've solved this by using a hobby knife on the affected posts (and a little on the others for good measure), but if it's possible to shrink some of the posts (at least the two top ones) I think the compatibility with b.face would be better.

So a thank you again to ziptyze for a nice case, and trenza for doing this GB =)

EDIT: ziptyze: If you want/need pictures of the issues I described just send a PM and I'll take some and send some to you.

I'll do some strength tests on them, and see if I can lower it a little bit. I actually did already make them about .2mm smaller, so we'll have to see how that works out. Thank you for the feedback! If you do need to thin them out a little, you can just barely tap the plastic with a soldering iron and smush it a little bit flatter. Just not too long...

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:34:36 »
Please notify me by PM if you have not already received your case. Pretty much everyone (with maybe an exception or two) should have gotten theirs by now.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline reddragon394

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 22:53:23 »
I had no problem fitting my b.face in there, did I oversee something important, or may tolerances do their magic here and for some it fits, for some it doesn't?

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 23:02:03 »

I had no problem fitting my b.face in there, did I oversee something important, or may tolerances do their magic here and for some it fits, for some it doesn't?

I think he was saying its a problem specifically with the stabs for an ISO enter... Which I hadn't tried yet. Probably about the only thing...

Offline reddragon394

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 09:42:18 »

I think he was saying its a problem specifically with the stabs for an ISO enter... Which I hadn't tried yet. Probably about the only thing...

I do have an ISO layout, too, and I hadn't any problem *confused* :D

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 10:01:05 »

I do have an ISO layout, too, and I hadn't any problem *confused* :D

Well, that's good to know then! That means that it may only take some small modifications to make it more compatible.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 11:28:29 »
Sounds good =)

The real issue was as you said with the Enter stabilizer making the PCB not wanting to stay in the right position if you started wiggling/putting pressure on it (meaning you could screw it down, but the stab part would press on the post).
Heres a picture of the PCB with the affected area encir... ensquared(?) =)

The other place (top right/left depending on how you look at it) I didn't notice any problem with directly (hard to look under the PCB when putting it down). It felt as it was a risk though that the post would put some un-necessary pressure on one of two SMD components so I removed a little from that post too therefore.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Z-Cases 60% Keyboard Cases (We're done fam)
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:40:08 »
Just got my Z-Case today. I'm impressed! I never imagined being able to get a custom color 60% case for less than $50. And even having said that, it's surprisingly sturdy. Thanks to all who made this happen. I'm finally able to use my second Alps 60% again.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:02:20 »

Just got my Z-Case today. I'm impressed! I never imagined being able to get a custom color 60% case for less than $50. And even having said that, it's surprisingly sturdy. Thanks to all who made this happen. I'm finally able to use my second Alps 60% again.

Glad it made it!!! Lately USPS feels too much like gambling

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:49:27 »
still waiting for mine  :))

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:55:21 »

It's on it's way. I probably shouldn't have labeled it "plastic keyboard case, not drugs" on the customs form

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 18:19:54 »

It's on it's way. I probably shouldn't have labeled it "plastic keyboard case, not drugs" on the customs form

ummm....
That just made my day!  :)) :))

When did it ship?

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 23:06:04 »
Yesterday I think. Or Tuesday.... This week has been weird

Offline Kalp1

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:04:26 »
Your cases looks amazing, I'm a big fan. Too bad that I've missed the GB.

Did you ever make 3d printed case for planck ?

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #148 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 19:25:58 »
Absolutely!

128069-0

Offline RNT

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:06:00 »
I know we already spoke on reddit, but goddamn i need 1 or 2 cases, possibly 10+ if im going to be completely honest. Hope the next GB will be soon!!