Author Topic: Southern-facing LED compatible keycaps.  (Read 7829 times)

Offline saint emerald

Southern-facing LED compatible keycaps.
« on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 11:53:31 »
Hey guys.

I'm doing a build right now for a friend and I'm in need of some help. Basically, I ordered a PCB that only supports southern-facing LEDs and keycaps that only support northern-facing LEDs.
I'm confused on what I'm to do because everywhere I look, I never find the correct kind of keycap.

Could you guys assist me in finding some black, LED shine-through, southern-facing LED supporting keycaps? I'd be very, very grateful.
Thanks!  ;D

EDIT: Top-printed is very much preferred in this case.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 July 2018, 12:37:23 by saint emerald »
The Jian, also known as “the bird that shares wings,” only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one, they’re incapable of flight. They’re imperfect, incomplete creatures, but for some reason, their way of life struck me as profoundly beautiful.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
Re: Southern-facing LED compatible keycaps.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 12:02:40 »
I got these on a 60% build I made. https://flashquark.com/product/oem-side-legend-translucent-sidelit-pbt-keycaps/

Pretty nice for the price as they are doubleshot.

Offline saint emerald

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 12:37:48 »
I got these on a 60% build I made. https://flashquark.com/product/oem-side-legend-translucent-sidelit-pbt-keycaps/

Pretty nice for the price as they are doubleshot.
Do you know of any that are top-print?
The Jian, also known as “the bird that shares wings,” only possesses one wing. Unless a male and female pair lean on each other and act as one, they’re incapable of flight. They’re imperfect, incomplete creatures, but for some reason, their way of life struck me as profoundly beautiful.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 12:40:48 »

I am pretty sure 100% of top print shine-through caps are for north facing LEDs, and won't be as bright when using south facing LEDs, which you already know. Front print are only good for south facing though, hence why I used them.

Offline saint emerald

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 16:10:40 »

I am pretty sure 100% of top print shine-through caps are for north facing LEDs, and won't be as bright when using south facing LEDs, which you already know. Front print are only good for south facing though, hence why I used them.
True. It's just a little frustrating how they DON'T exist. i could really use them right about now...