Author Topic: [IC] GMK Marina  (Read 6881 times)

Offline PseudoLlama

• Ṗ̵̡̝̀̓e̸͉̲͛̔̓͝p̵̢̳̦̲̬̌͊̃̑͝e̷̯͔̾g̶̢̡̳̀̑̋a̶͕̺͆͌͒
[IC] GMK Marina
« on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:04:35 »
Hey, so this is my first IC on GH, so, I'm not entirely sure how this works, these are some keycaps that I made, currently working on the ISO expansion and the Spacebar expansion.

If you don't like it, please tell me why. That'd be a great help. Thanks

244492-0244494-1244496-2
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:07:24 by PseudoLlama »

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
Re: [IC] GMK Marina
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:12:09 »
glwic

what board is that in the renders??
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline Bawsky

• Give Deathcaps pls
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:39:33 »
I like the colors   :)
What's the inspiration for the set? Any plans for additional kits?

Offline SirShakes

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 20:39:58 »
I like the 3 colors on the left, but the blue and red letters for the rest of the board seems out of place.  Is there some inspiration for this?

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 20:49:47 »
lmao gradient gmk sets in 2020

Offline yuki

• sleep is for the weak
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 21:20:57 »
While I personally have no strong feelings one way or another about this set, I think its worth saying this much. I dont think there is any need nor want for a mix and match/gradient keycap set of this nature in this hobby and I don't think something with this much variation is viable, however I think with some more structure it may be. Let me elaborate.
From what I can tell based on the name and the colour choices, you have a general theme but no real reference or structure to the set, when I look at this I dont think "that looks like a marina" nor does it remind me of anything really, it feels like it has no theme or purpose, there is no solid connection between any colour choices imo.
If you were to put together a set with a strong thematic reference and good coherence, that is to say, all your colours and divisions make sense next to each other, I think you could definitely pull off a set like this. But as it stands I think the execution is rather poor. Hope that's helpful.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 21:31:02 »
Yikes.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:21:18 »
Hi, even disregard of me liking or disliking the set personally, you'll definitely have a lot to work on, to make this GB ready.
For example, I'd rethink the colours, because with that many (I assume custom pantone (or maybe even hex😳)→ sadly you didn't state it in your post) the set is going to be insanely high priced.
Alsow please rework your kits (in case the one render with out a board is supposed to be a kit, which I'd assume).
It would be great to see this set again in the further future, but you definitely have to do a bit more research before hand.

Offline tectonicplate

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 01:46:25 »
In regards to the color palette, this is a Laser alpha/mod inverse with a Nautilus Nightmares gradient event. It's a mashup of those 2 sets. Maybe those are 2 sets your subconscious is telling you to purchase? Overall, this is too derivative. Where else could this go? I like the challenging nature of the set, but it needs more distinction at this point.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2020, 01:53:52 by tectonicplate »

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 04:58:02 »
The colors definitely are not for me. But a suggestion beyond that, I think you want your interest check post to be more complete. At least have a first draft of all the sets you want to offer. You want to not only wow people with their first impression, but you want to instill confidence in people so that they feel comfortable trusting you with their money. This post does not make me think you have any idea of how to go about a group buy.

Best of luck, though. I’m really just trying to help. Maybe someone more familiar with actually doing ICs and GBs can give you some more specific suggestions.

Offline goddream

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 05:48:18 »
what in the world is that board render tbh
Rei XT-60 | Endash | KHDD | Jinsoul | Tengu | PC Dolphin | Nunu | Hyphen | Mc65 | Unikorn | Dahyun | CARDBORD

Offline Pach

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 12:39:37 »
That gradient feels like one giant afterthought

edit: If you want some advice, make an IC later when you actually have fleshed out kits. Some people might like the design, but I think you can decide for yourself based on what you think and what the people above me think. Right now your post sounds like someone asking their mother if their drawing is good enough. You shouldn't need to ask if people think your design is bad in your IC, or you'll sound hopeless
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2020, 12:45:15 by Pachriksu »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 13:36:14 »
glwic

looks like some sort of dolinger clone
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline unknownh

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 14:20:08 »
glwic

I think it's 3/4 of a Lyn dolphin

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:42:41 »
removing my petty ****post:

i think this set actually has some potential as a sailing themed set

i like the idea of it being based on the uniform of a sailing team i.e. GMK Striker

i like seeing new designers appear and i wish you good luck
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:50:55 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OBL17

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:52:03 »
these colors look bad together. there is no cohesion amongst all the things going on here.

Offline justinm

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 23:09:30 »
That's a no for me

Offline mcRewind

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 23:17:42 »
As others have said, not a huge fan of colors. Would definitely want to see a reference image or inspiration to see what you were referring to when choosing colors.