Author Topic: R4.5 Zealios/Zealencios/Zstabs quick & short GB (Complete)  (Read 78424 times)

Offline Dominathan

• Too many keyboards? Not enough hands.
Re: R4.5 Zealios/Zealencios/Zstabs quick & short GB
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:53:31 »
Holy crap!  You're already sending 4.5 orders!?  Damn, that was fast!!!

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:58:22 »
My R4.5 order just shipped =], amazed at how fast that happened. Gotta say Zeal when it comes to shipping stuff to the UK from North America you blow everyone else out of the water. R4 arrived super quick and now this one is estimated at 2 days =O. Eagerly looking forward to the R2 Zeal60. Very happy with the switches and stabs from R4 as well! (hence the R4.5 order =P)

What was your order number, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 20:03:35 »
Sure, 5913

Offline dohmain

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 22:37:02 »
Got my order 28hrs after I got shipping notification.
Best GB execution ever! Thanks Zeal!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 22:45:45 »
Wow, this going quick. I won't even build my board until the summer probably.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 09:10:47 »
Received it today, amazing shipping and super happy with the gear. Thanks a lot again Zeal.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 14:34:07 »
Zeal, can I add stabs to my order?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 16:15:37 »
Zeal, can I add stabs to my order?

Send me an email (reply to your order confirmation) with what stabilizers you'd like.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline hatran87

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 00:53:51 »
I'm still looking for shipping notification  :confused:

Compact SQ by Leeku

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 01:24:02 »
I'm still looking for shipping notification  :confused:

Very soon :)

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 21:09:26 »
Zeal,

The two occasions I've ordered stuff from you it has been handled quickly and efficiently. I love that your only shipping option is "Speed-of-light".  You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks.

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 00:10:24 »
I am confused regarding the stuff that is being sold right now. Is it also part of R4.5 or is it R5? If the latter, when is it expected to be shipped? Thanks.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 01:21:29 »
I am confused regarding the stuff that is being sold right now. Is it also part of R4.5 or is it R5? If the latter, when is it expected to be shipped? Thanks.

If you read the FAQ a the top of the post he explains why the 4.5

Offline JDragon

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 02:33:56 »
After trying out the screw in stabs, bought 4 more sets. No rattle, no mush.  :thumb:

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 02:47:04 »
After trying out the screw in stabs, bought 4 more sets. No rattle, no mush.  :thumb:
I am excited to try them. Did you lube or is it not needed with these?

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 14:56:00 »

I understand why R4.5. That is not what I am asking. The post said R4.5 ended on Dec 25th. However the website currently links to this thread. So does that mean that anything I buy today Jan 14 is also part of R4.5 or is it R5 and in either case, when should it ship. Thanks

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 15:24:24 »
Zeal,

The two occasions I've ordered stuff from you it has been handled quickly and efficiently. I love that your only shipping option is "Speed-of-light".  You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Lube makes everything better. Lube the insert+housing interior + wire joint for a good time. :)

I understand why R4.5. That is not what I am asking. The post said R4.5 ended on Dec 25th. However the website currently links to this thread. So does that mean that anything I buy today Jan 14 is also part of R4.5 or is it R5 and in either case, when should it ship. Thanks

My GB/Pre-orders are ran a bit differently from others. Basically it's a "soft close" at Dec 25. This means that's when the GB pricing ends. From then til I finish shipping everything is pre-order price. Once everything is out, retail price will kick in.

Since the shipment came in earlier than expected, we are ahead of schedule and any order placed today will receive a shipping notification within a week. Hope that clarifies.

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 16:18:44 »
My GB/Pre-orders are ran a bit differently from others. Basically it's a "soft close" at Dec 25. This means that's when the GB pricing ends. From then til I finish shipping everything is pre-order price. Once everything is out, retail price will kick in.

Since the shipment came in earlier than expected, we are ahead of schedule and any order placed today will receive a shipping notification within a week. Hope that clarifies.

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 23:57:34 »

Lube makes everything better. Lube the insert+housing interior + wire joint for a good time. :)

I'm currently using Teflon grease as stabilizer lube (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L5UL92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - would the GH v4 ZealPC lube give a better result with the screw-in stabs? Might want to add that to my R4.5 order if so.

Also, is there a picture guide for lubing the screw-in stabs anywhere?

Thanks!

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 22:41:56 »

I'm currently using Teflon grease as stabilizer lube (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L5UL92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) - would the GH v4 ZealPC lube give a better result with the screw-in stabs? Might want to add that to my R4.5 order if so.

Thanks!

Never used that line of grease, so I can't comment on the differences.

As for lubing the stabilizers (or any PCB mount stabilizers), literally just cover the entire insert in lube (except for the cross area), where the wire pokes in, interior of the stabilizer housing & the pivoting point where the wire sticks in. Sorry, don't have any pictures but any moving part where the two plastics can touch should be lubed. :)

Offline debizzle

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 14:41:01 »
hi zeal just a quick question about my order
i think i was late to the gb as my order was made on the 3rd jan
was wondering has my order shipped or do i have to wait for the next?
my payment went through on the 3rd and is still sasying unfulfilled my order number is #6300
thank you.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 14:46:35 »
hi zeal just a quick question about my order
i think i was late to the gb as my order was made on the 3rd jan
was wondering has my order shipped or do i have to wait for the next?
my payment went through on the 3rd and is still sasying unfulfilled my order number is #6300
thank you.

We are still fulfilling orders, printing labels in the 61xx range. It shouldn't be much longer until we reach your order range. You will receive a shipping notification email once your order has shipped.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 15:51:05 »

Thanks!

Never used that line of grease, so I can't comment on the differences.

As for lubing the stabilizers (or any PCB mount stabilizers), literally just cover the entire insert in lube (except for the cross area), where the wire pokes in, interior of the stabilizer housing & the pivoting point where the wire sticks in. Sorry, don't have any pictures but any moving part where the two plastics can touch should be lubed. :)

Sounds good. Gave the stabs on my upcoming build a lube bath, looking forward to feeling (and not hearing) the results.  :thumb:

Offline riesz

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 08:52:05 »
Are there any comparison pictures for milky vs clear housings in regards to backlighting?

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 10:34:43 »
Zeal,

Thanks.

Hey zeal I know you're working hard over there but another question for you. I have a couple keyboards I plan on building around end of march-may and I'd like them to have zeal stabs. Will the R5 you have going in feb offer them again at GB pricing? Trying to figure out if I should order now at preorder pricing or just wait it out since I don't need them for a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ozbourn

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 11:54:42 »
What is the normal GB price for these? Will you be doing R5 soon?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 15:15:47 »
Are there any comparison pictures for milky vs clear housings in regards to backlighting?

I don't have any official pictures, but in general milky housing = more diffused, clear housing=brighter.

Zeal,

Thanks.

Hey zeal I know you're working hard over there but another question for you. I have a couple keyboards I plan on building around end of march-may and I'd like them to have zeal stabs. Will the R5 you have going in feb offer them again at GB pricing? Trying to figure out if I should order now at preorder pricing or just wait it out since I don't need them for a few months

Yes, the stabilizers will be offered in R5 at GB pricing.

What is the normal GB price for these? Will you be doing R5 soon?

$0.75/switch + standard 4.5% "tax/handling fee" that's applied at checkout.

Offline eddible

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 08:52:46 »
Got my stabs! Jeez Zeal, these things are amazing, you've got to figure out a way to stock these constantly, I don't think I'll be able to do another build with anything else! Many thanks! :)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 12:46:22 »
Any physical switch changes planned for r5 compared to 4/4.5?
keyboards.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 17:32:18 »

Happy with the current R4/R4.5 switches. No plans to do any modifications for R5.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:22:06 »

Happy with the current R4/R4.5 switches. No plans to do any modifications for R5.

I mean, flames would be cool.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 01:33:38 »
Nvm, seems like it's too early for me to read a whole sentence.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2017, 01:48:59 by kawasaki161 »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 05:01:22 »
Okay, apparently I do have to talk to DHL soon... How exactly was this marked for customs, so I know what they want me to answer?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2017, 07:43:24 by kawasaki161 »

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 10:56:06 »
Okay, apparently I do have to talk to DHL soon... How exactly was this marked for customs, so I know what they want me to answer?

Sent you an email.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 13:58:52 »

OK, just curious. My 4.5 are arriving today and I don't expect to have any negative feedback :)
keyboards.

Offline jKaw

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 11:41:13 »

Sounds good! I don't know how they were before, but I'm loving the 78g, might want to change to 65 since I played with the different switches a bit.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 12:05:50 »
Got my R4.5 switches, really quick shipping and fulfillment. They do seem sturdier than previous rounds but I can't say for sure until I use them in my next builds, need my boards to come already! :D

Offline Tally810

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 17:23:28 »
Was starting to build my tx-75 with some gaterons and as the soldering iron heated up I had a change of heart and put everything back in the box.  Went and ordered 100 more zealit's switches and stabs seeing that I would not be happy with the board with anything less as I love these damn switches.  Now I wait.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 17:57:58 »
Was starting to build my tx-75 with some gaterons and as the soldering iron heated up I had a change of heart and put everything back in the box.  Went and ordered 100 more zealit's switches and stabs seeing that I would not be happy with the board with anything less as I love these damn switches.  Now I wait.
I know exactly what you mean. Has happened to twice. I still have ~120 MX clear switches just collecting dust. This time I'm gonna put in the 62g Zealios. Also in a TX75 ;-)

Offline Tally810

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 19:18:07 »
I know exactly what you mean. Has happened to twice. I still have ~120 MX clear switches just collecting dust. This time I'm gonna put in the 62g Zealios. Also in a TX75 ;-)
Ahh nice man I'm also going with the 62g which I already have in one board and they are my favorite switches and it's not even close

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 18:10:43 »
All orders shipped. :)

Offline eldonw

Re: R4.5 Zealios/Zealencios/Zstabs quick & short GB (Complete)
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 18:45:17 »
Any estimate when R5 will start?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:24:36 »
Any estimate when R5 will start?

End of the month/ early Feb.

Offline Korseir

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:23:47 »
Just got my 78g zealios and they feel glorious. Thank you sir for an amazing product :)

(Out of curiosity is your spring a sprit spring?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:30:25 »
Just got my 78g zealios and they feel glorious. Thank you sir for an amazing product :)

(Out of curiosity is your spring a sprit spring?

No, springs are custom made per my spec.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:35:45 »
Just got my Zealencios installed, and my god the change in noise is astounding. I look forward to your next drop, Zeal. My experience has been nothing short of positive. Seriously, keep up the good work.  :thumb:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 21:34:37 »
Ordered 100 switches and stabs 3 days ago and they arrived ad my doorstep today.  Thanks for the fast service zeal even though my bank thought I was funding terrorists by buying in canada.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 00:06:29 »
Ordered 100 switches and stabs 3 days ago and they arrived ad my doorstep today.  Thanks for the fast service zeal even though my bank thought I was funding terrorists by buying in canada.

:dogethink: