HoffmanMyster's Dolch PAC
15 (30%)
DrHubblePhD's re-assemble Hyper Gray 360 Corsa
22 (44%)
Naasfu's WASD V2 with Toxic keyset, Chartreuse skull and black skulls
13 (26%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:37:18

Author Topic: Keyboard of the month - February - Winner!  (Read 9441 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the month - February - Winner!
« on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 02:07:19 »
We had 36 votes cast last month, and the winner was Zeal's Gateron build with blank black POM keycaps (dat stepped Caps Lock tho...)

There were a total of 10 boards nominated this month, with loads of interesting colour schemes and some innovative custom builds. Links to all previous threads are at the bottom of this page.

The nominees this month are:

HoffmanMyster's Dolch PAC

Find more of Hoff's really unappealing keyboard collection here ->https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68558.0 (just kidding ;) Warning-picture heavy)

DrHubblePhD's re-assembled Hyper Gray 360 Corsa

Find more on his build here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68955.0

And I am going to be a little biased, choosing between four boards with 1 +1 each and go with:

Naasfu's WASD V2 with Toxic keyset, Chartreuse skull and black skulls

More pictures can be found here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33569.msg1647577#msg1647577

Find old threads here:
More

You can find the rules here:
More
1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like, (even yourself) and any person can have any number of nominations every month. This is going to be the nomination thread for December.

a.   These boards should be ones you are drawn to, ones that stand out for one reason or another. Keysets, modifications, whatever you fancy. I don’t want to have to post guidelines or restrictions on the boards, but I may change this depending on the types of submissions we get over the first few months. Please also say a little bit about each board you nominate, as to the reasons why you think it deserves to be up for KOTM.

b.   The board must have been posted to the forums since the start of the calendar month. It can have been posted before then, but you must provide a link to the images that were posted after the first day of the calendar month.

c.   Keyboards may be resubmitted in subsequent months, but they must have had a picture or progress posted within the calendar month that they are nominated for.

d.   NO THEMES RIGHT NOW. These may or may not follow in the coming months. This also may or may not tie in with the calendar that may or may not happen at the end of next year.

2.   However, after the initial two week period of nominations, a user will only have ONE board get through to the final public voting process. The final three nominees will be selected by myself from the most nominated and praised board in the nomination thread. E.G. If one board is posted and has the most +1s, quotes or references  by other users in said thread, that will be chosen as one of the final three. Essentially, there is a crowd unofficial voting before the public voting. The final three are not up to me, they are up to you.

3.   PLEASE post some good quality photos of the board you are nominating. I’m not looking for Macro lenses and DSLRs, but maybe more than one, top down, blurry shot would be nice. I realise if it isn’t your board there isn’t much you can do about it, but just pick a couple that aren’t terrible from an album or post.

4.   On the 1st of every month, a poll thread will go up. This will consist of three finalists. Again, a user will only have one of their boards get through to this stage during any particular month. You can of course be nominated on another month. There will be one vote per person, and the results will remain anonymous until the voting closes.

5.   After a period of one week, the voting will be closed and a winner will be announced. The winner will be posted both on that month's voting thread, and the following month's nominations thread. I’m not sure if there will be a prize every month, but if there is then I will sort it out and backdate it if I come up with one in a few months time.

6.   The winner of each monthly process will go through to the ANNUAL KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR process, and the winner of the will DEFINITELY win a prize which I will work out in a year’s time.

Voting will close on Monday the 9th of March, happy voting!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:50:16 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keyboard of the month - February - Vote!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 03:55:44 »
Ooh ooh I know which one I'm voting for!  Where's the poll?!?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 03:57:32 »
Ooh ooh I know which one I'm voting for!  Where's the poll?!?

Mods are probably asleep :( Probably a bad time to post it, but at least people get to see it :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 04:19:39 »
Actually yeah - there are none online!  First time I've seen that :eek:

92508-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 04:20:04 »
:'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 10:39:11 »
Poll is up and the thread is stickied!   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 04:17:02 »
Voted :D

And you forgot to mention that Naasfu's has Clack's Fallout Yellow keys on F and J (part of the exquisite Fallout Yellow WASD set) :p

Now how could anyone NOT vote for that?!?!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 15:35:47 »
Toxic board is balling to the max

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 18:24:26 »
One of these days, I will be entering my board.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline joey

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 18:59:05 »
My girlfriend told me to vote for Hoff's Dolch, she likes the caps!

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 20:30:59 »
I love Hoff's Dolch, but I can't skip voting for that Hyper Grey Corsa.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 20:36:53 »
wow what hard choice...

you have your vintage, your kustom, and your sexy artisan board...

hnnnng so hard
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:22:13 »
One of these days, I will be entering my board.

You should!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 10:57:49 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

I knew I should have loaded the Dolch up with some artisan caps before the photo shoot.  :(

:P

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:19:50 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

I knew I should have loaded the Dolch up with some artisan caps before the photo shoot.  :(

Too late muahahahahahaha

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:31:17 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

Too late muahahahahahaha
congrats

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:38:46 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

ima let you finish but i think Naasfu had the KBOTM for this round

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:57:57 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

Show Image

You're dead to me hipster  :))

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 12:07:52 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

Show Image

**** there goes my shot at mira :(... I take it back!

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 12:20:01 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

Show Image

**** there goes my shot at mira :(... I take it back!

I forgive you hipster  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 12:59:21 by DrHubblePhD »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 13:08:48 »
wow what hard choice...

hnnnng so hard

Show Image

:-[

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:54:00 »
Congratulations to DrHubblePhd! It was very close this month, and we are getting more votes, up to 50 from last month.

Thank you to everyone who voted, thank you to everyone who nominated boards. Be on the lookout over the next two weeks for boards you love; I know what I am going to be nominating!

Nominations will open on Tuesday the 24th of March, but I will leave this open for a while for congratulations and w-e before I lock it.

Congrats again DrHubble!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:03:33 »
Congrats, DrHubblePhd!  Putting relatively unknown Gaterons on a Corsa is daring, haha. :)  And I loved Hoff's colorful Dolch ever since he put that rainbow of windowed GMKs across the top.

Also, I was really surprised (just found out yesterday, duh) and honored that my board was nominated!  Glad people liked the board and the pics. :) 

<3
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:24:21 »
topre racism
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:49:14 »
topre racism

I nominated Vesper's awesome Realforce. Sadly it did not get enough votes to get through to the final vote :(

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:58:01 »
Congrats Dr!

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"