Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - April - Nominations  (Read 23396 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - April - Nominations
« on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 09:36:26 »
Happy Sunday everyone! Here is the thread for nominations for Keyboard of the month for April! Self nominations are BACK, so if you think your board is worthy of everybody's votes, then post it here!

Last month's winner was pr0ximity's Alps restoration

This thread will run for two weeks and will be closed on Sunday 1st May and the voting thread will be put up!

Happy hunting!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Keyboard of the Month - April - Nominations
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:09:59 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:14:23 »
alienman's LZ-GH (I don't think he has posted full pictures on geekhack, but I have reddit link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4f7bqm/lzgh_ncr_dyesubs/

demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 14:42:02 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 14:03:17 »
richfiles made this lovely 75% designed around the Blue Angels SA set (I forgot the name of the set)

MadMaxx has been working on his CopperDog board. I really like the layout. It's extremely close to ideal for me (22ex mini's 65% layout is my ideal).

Badwrench built this odd little "Satan 60" TKL kit. Turned out solid and I love the caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:59:56 »
The MiniVan also know as TheVan44

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Have you got a link to where this was originally posted?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:04:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79264.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:03:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79264.0

Hmmm ...

A better link would be: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79264.msg2122741#msg2122741

Which shows a completed keyboard, and was posted this calendar month.

But is this your keyboard?  You are not allowed to self-nominate any more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline E3E

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:06:02 »

Hmmm ...

A better link would be: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79264.msg2122741#msg2122741

You are allowed to self-nominate once again. Katushkin decided against that rule and nullified it. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:07:40 »

Hmmm ...

You are allowed to self-nominate once again. Katushkin decided against that rule and nullified it. :D

I was only going by rule 1 here: "1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like other than yourself, and any person can have any number of nominations every month."

Offline E3E

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:09:48 »
I was only going by rule 1 here: "1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like other than yourself, and any person can have any number of nominations every month."

Yeah, I understand the confusion, but it is listed in the OP of this thread itself, actually.

Happy Sunday everyone! Here is the thread for nominations for Keyboard of the month for April! Self nominations are BACK, so if you think your board is worthy of everybody's votes, then post it here!

Show Image

This thread will run for two weeks and will be closed on Sunday 1st May and the voting thread will be put up!

Happy hunting!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:13:32 »

Yeah, I understand the confusion, but it is listed in the OP of this thread itself, actually.

Happy hunting!

Ah, ok.

katushkin needs to lift his game and update the official rulez :p

Or make the text a bit bigger for dullards like me :))

Offline E3E

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:28:38 »
No worries, haha. Yeah, it probably should be updated in the main thread for KOTM, but I know Katushkin has a lot going on.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 09:43:21 »
I can remove my entry, seems like no one likes it anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline E3E

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:14:14 »

Hey man, don't beat yourself up!

I like it! >:C

So +1 for the party van, dammit.

No really, it is very well-coordinated with the key set you've got on it, and it's rare to see a glossy anodized finish on keyboard cases. I like that.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:15:07 »

Hey man, don't beat yourself up!

I like it! >:C

So +1 for the party van, dammit.

No really, it is very well-coordinated with the key set you've got on it, and it's rare to see a glossy anodized finish on keyboard cases. I like that.
Thanks! That means a lot to a new maker

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:04:34 »

Wut. I was going to +1 The Van, I love the rounded look to the case and have always wanted to try a 40% board!

MadMaxx has been working on his CopperDog board. I really like the layout. It's extremely close to ideal for me (22ex mini's 65% layout is my ideal).

Show Image

+1 love the copper idea, I hope the case is able to show it off

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:05:26 »

Wut. I was going to +1 The Van, I love the rounded look to the case and have always wanted to try a 40% board!

Show Image

+1 love the copper idea, I hope the case is able to show it off
It's currently in group buy :D

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:06:37 »

Self noms? Entering my HHKB <3

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:20:48 »

I've already got more keyboards than I know what to do with, haha. Also I think I'd need ALPs support if I were to get another custom.

Freaking love that it's made in the USA though.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:21:55 »

I've already got more keyboards than I know what to do with, haha. Also I think I'd need ALPs support if I were to get another custom.

Alps is coming on revision 2! Looking at adding Bluetooth as well :)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:22:25 »

Alps is coming on revision 2! Looking at adding Bluetooth as well :)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:00:06 »
Show Image

THAT KEYBOARDS ON FIYAAAAAAAAAA
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 00:07:54 »
Show Image

+1

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:31:43 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:40:29 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 23:58:46 »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:47:44 »

Show Image

+1

I'd like to nominate Glod's GON Nerd60 HHKB, freshly rebuilt with new side LED color, and Zealios 65g:

Show Image

Show Image

+1
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:12:43 »
alienman's LZ-GH (I don't think he has posted full pictures on geekhack, but I have reddit link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4f7bqm/lzgh_ncr_dyesubs/

Show Image

woah thanks so much  :thumb: I'm not even done yet, going to be rebuilding it with brown alps as soon as I get the new pcbs in from Korea :D

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:12:28 »

Show Image

+1

Copper was a cool idea and it's awesome to see other people from MTU making boards.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 00:50:57 »
I'd like to nominate Samwisekoi for his GH-122 prototype... for 1) making something that audacious and 2) actually finishing the job after whetting out appetites with planning threads last year.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 10:41:13 »
Ah, ok.

Yeah, my bad. I put it in the OP on here but didn't change it in the main rules post. I have now changed that so there should be no confusion from now on :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 21:39:51 »
Ah, ok.

Yeah, my bad. I put it in the OP on here but didn't change it in the main rules post. I have now changed that so there should be no confusion from now on :)

The elderly and/or visually/mentally challenged among us thank you :)

Offline richfiles

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 03:50:30 »
richfiles made this lovely 75% designed around the Blue Angels SA set (I forgot the name of the set)
Show Image

The set is called Danger Zone. Technically, while the main keyboard is physically finished, I have not programmed it yet (cause I have not had time to figure out how to do this firmware stuff, and I have no experience with that). I also don't have the plate for the number pad. I don't know how lack of programming, or an as of yet non existent but planned detachable accessory plays into the rules (completion)?

I suppose someone should chime in on if it would even qualify this month or not, and whether the separate number pad should be considered a part of a whole as a set, or as a separate thing (The number pad would be dependent on the keyboard to function, as it magnetically attaches to a port on the side of the keyboard, but the keyboard does not require the number pad accessory for it to function).

Also, the pic you used is out of date. Up to date one below. Now has some key changes (Fallout vault keys!) and a wrist rest. Very kind of you to nominate it though! Thanks!  ;D

135936-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 03:57:52 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)

Offline richfiles

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 03:59:38 »
I'd like to nominate Samwisekoi for his GH-122 prototype... for 1) making something that audacious and 2) actually finishing the job after whetting out appetites with planning threads last year.
Show Image

That battleship is HUGE!!! Love it! +1  ;D

Show Image

I'm a sucker for copper, brass and bronze... I used brass screws. This guy's got a plate of copper! Nice! +1
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2016, 04:04:40 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)