Author Topic: Them birds  (Read 3920 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Them birds
« on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 06:36:11 »
Heard'um this mornin

Spring here yet ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Them birds
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:07:16 »
Hedgehog poo in the garden - spring confirmed.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:16:44 »
Things were getting a bit Hitchcocky in my neighborhood the other day.  :eek:

ab_channel=DrewFraser

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:40:05 »
at least they weren't crows, were they ? blurry .

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:46:05 »
Thankfully not but I wasn't about to go outside.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:14:45 »
If it was legal, I’d shoot’em all dead with a double barrel from my window every morning.   

Yee haw.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 09:22:12 »
I'm out in South Padre Island, Texas with a little dog and some huge pelicans and some weird loud seagulls. These are not like the seagulls back home. These are worse.

I took this picture the other day and the ****ing birds. Pelicans everywhere and they swoop down and scare the dog and you know one of those guys could swallow the dog in a second.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 13:11:32 »
If it was legal, I’d shoot’em all dead with a double barrel from my window every morning.   

Yee haw.

He must be from that famous Texas part of Hamburg.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 13:16:48 »
I'm out in South Padre Island, Texas with a little dog and some huge pelicans and some weird loud seagulls. These are not like the seagulls back home. These are worse.

Show Image

I took this picture the other day and the ****ing birds. Pelicans everywhere and they swoop down and scare the dog and you know one of those guys could swallow the dog in a second.

This is a good photo to test for banding and dithering on monitors.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 14:42:09 »
**** the birds. Cicada invasion incoming...
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 14:56:09 »

Are we on rotation this year ?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 15:15:22 »
Yep.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 16:50:58 »
Don't birds eat bugs?  Sounds like you should be thankful rather than curse them :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 18:28:40 »

Cicada invasion incoming.

Don't birds eat bugs?  Sounds like you should be thankful rather than curse them

Most birds eat either bugs or seeds but not both. Problem is, cicadas are as big as the last joint - or 2 - of your thumb, so you basically have to be the size of a duck to choke one down.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 20:20:49 »
Tp4 ate some bugz in Thailand, the bigger ones tastes somewhat like crab-meat. 

They're ok, but most of it is deepfried, so just about anything is good after you depfri

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 20:26:18 »
I miss playing outside in the 7:30pm sunset listening to the cicadas as my parents chatted with the neighbors. Mom made a Greek salad and gazpacho, we'll light some citronella candles and eat on the deck as the distant scent of grilled meat and laughter of someone down the block having a party carries on the wind. If I'm good maybe dad'll give me a dollar for the ice cream guy and I can beat that Genesis game before we gotta take it back to Blockbuster tomorrow.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 19:58:49 »
I miss playing outside in the 7:30pm sunset listening to the cicadas as my parents chatted with the neighbors. Mom made a Greek salad and gazpacho, we'll light some citronella candles and eat on the deck as the distant scent of grilled meat and laughter of someone down the block having a party carries on the wind. If I'm good maybe dad'll give me a dollar for the ice cream guy and I can beat that Genesis game before we gotta take it back to Blockbuster tomorrow.

That sounds like an amazing times, dude :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 22:59:25 »
I have a gang of these ****s living in my backyard. They sit there and scream all morning. So soothing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:55:55 »
They are coming out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:20:33 »
Very few birds ober here this year, very quiet mornings (relative to yesteryears). sup w/dat, we gon' die

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:03:26 »
They are coming out.

All the scientists were saying it would be so many, and I've seen none! They were saying the cicada internal clock is off due to warming temps? They would be a huge feast for all animals though, avians included.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:07:34 »
Last fall, I moved to a new place with trees all around from a place with almost no trees.

The birds are at it an hour before sunrise, many species. They have quite a variety of songs and calls.

I hate that part but I do like having them around just on general principles. I have up 4 bird feeders and 6 bird houses.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 08:09:46 »
It is hard to tell since it was late in the day and beginning to rain, but in this photo there are over 50 cicada larvae climbing up this section of fence. Look in the light gray areas near the bottom, and there are 5 on the bird house alone.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 11:44:41 »
for some reason i hoped this was a thread complaining about people wearing allbirds