Author Topic: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update  (Read 109609 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 13:22:48 »
As someone who likes light springs, I'm looking forward to scooping up the rejects when this thing finishes. :)

Offline bearz42

« Reply #351 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 15:48:43 »
I have to be honest and say that I'm not too upset about  this at all.

I tried lubed silent reds at keycon this year and they felt amazing. My girlfriend loved them and she ordered these silent blacks for one of our builds. We knew immediately that we would spring swap and lube them. I understand that not everyone is about that. Some people just wanted a stock switch but I for one could care less. I never had any intention of keeping these stock.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #352 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:45:37 »
This is disappointing for sure since I needed some of these to go with my Senin Silent Blacks. It looks like I'll be swapping out the springs across the board. I have some springs on hand (67g actuation from Mehkee) that I was going to swap into a bunch of Gateron Clears in order to make fake Tealios (before Tealios were available). That covers one set of my order; I may try some MX Clear weight springs for the second set.

Offline Wren

• Artist
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:50:42 »
Also a mistake in my favor that I'm happy with. I was going to replace them with slightly lighter springs, and now I have a batch of Cherry Black Cherries out of the box. :D

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 00:24:11 »

+1 for liking lighter springs

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 00:58:35 »
Yeah I'm just gonna roll with em as well. Though I prefer the name Camo Reds, since it refers to both their silence and exterior.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #356 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 04:24:05 »
Yeah I'm just gonna roll with em as well. Though I prefer the name Camo Reds, since it refers to both their silence and exterior.

Hmm, thought about what these switches will be called and "Camo Reds" sounds cool. Maybe we can call this GB "Cherry MX Camo Reds" ?
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Atredl

« Reply #357 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 04:32:34 »
I nominate MX Ninja Reds.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 04:43:38 »
Maybe we can call this GB "Cherry MX Camo Reds" ?
I don't mean to sound rude, but you're mocking the customers who thought they bought Silent MX Blacks and received Reds.
This is not an intended customization of the switches, it's a gross mistake by Cherry and we don't know if it will be ever fixed.
I myself thought it was fine at the beginning, but after a couple of hours of typing, these switches are a pain.
Apologies if it looks like I'm verbally assaulting you, but I'm writing out of frustration.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline xantiema

« Reply #359 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 04:47:20 »

+1 for liking lighter springs

It's fine you like lighter springs, perhaps join a Silent Red GB next time.
People need to realize the difference between compromising on lighter springs and outright preferring lighter ones. Lets not look past the fact that people bought Blacks and not Reds - and the spring in this case is the whole switch type.

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #360 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 04:58:14 »
Yeah us liking the springs definitely doesn't excuse that we and everyone else bought different switches than what we received. If given the option to trade I wouldn't but there's certainly many many more that would, so the situation definitely needs resolving instead of renaming.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline Atredl

[GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 05:27:18 »
I think it’s important to note that VicareyG is already working on contacting the supplier. Coming up with a nickname and getting a resolution aren’t mutually exclusive. Nicknames for mistakes happen all the time like chroniclers infamous “most expensive blank keycaps”. People will come up with a way to refer to these switches regardless if people get offended. Plus all we can do is wait until we hear more news from the distributor, so why not come up with a useful way to call these switches.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 05:58:31 »
CherREEEE silent is an appropiate name imho, without the color, because who was in charge to pick the springs went definetely full REEEEEEEE

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 06:02:57 »
Maybe we can call this GB "Cherry MX Camo Reds" ?
I don't mean to sound rude, but you're mocking the customers who thought they bought Silent MX Blacks and received Reds.
This is not an intended customization of the switches, it's a gross mistake by Cherry and we don't know if it will be ever fixed.
I myself thought it was fine at the beginning, but after a couple of hours of typing, these switches are a pain.
Apologies if it looks like I'm verbally assaulting you, but I'm writing out of frustration.

I needed to put some sort of laughing emoji on it so to be sure I meant it jokingly. My bad.

No problem, I haven't received my package just yet but I too am a bit mad about the huge mishap Cherry has made and by no means wanted to say that it's fine that 96k of switches aren't the ones we all thought we ordered. Of course we all are mad because we wanted the specific spring type not only the stem/shell but I just thought that whoever figures to use "stock" switches from this GB for a build and make a build-log afterwards, they'd use some nickname for these switches.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 06:04:54 »
CherREEEE silent is an appropiate name imho, without the color, because who was in charge to pick the springs went definetely full REEEEEEEE

More

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:44:49 »
Cherry mx silent BlaRed

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 11:24:37 »

I tried lubed silent reds at keycon this year and they felt amazing. My girlfriend loved them and she ordered these silent blacks for one of our builds. We knew immediately that we would spring swap and lube them. I understand that not everyone is about that. Some people just wanted a stock switch but I for one could care less. I never had any intention of keeping these stock.

Just a heads up that if that was my board (the black Eagle v2 with black keys), they're 68g with zeal housings.  (Not saying it was, but just to be sure you got the weights right.)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 12:59:21 »

Just a heads up that if that was my board (the black Eagle v2 with black keys), they're 68g with zeal housings.  (Not saying it was, but just to be sure you got the weights right.)

moistgun's mira was 62g silent reds
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:37:30 »
Hey everyone!

Just to keep you all informed and to reassure you that I'm not keeping silent on this.

I have not yet received a response from the distributor. I have sent a further email and I hope for some response tomorrow.

I think the logistics alone would make a replacement un-achievable without even mentioning the cost involved. The same can be said for a return/refund. Due to this I will be pushing the distributor for a partial refund that I can distribute among everyone who has purchased these switches. Please bear in mind that this is what I am hoping/pushing for and not necessarily what will happen.

I am just as frustrated as you all, and I would like to get some resolution or an idea of resolution in place this side of Christmas.

Cheers,

George

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:39:09 »
Big thanks George. You're gold.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 14:22:54 »
Hey everyone!

Just to keep you all informed and to reassure you that I'm not keeping silent on this.

I have not yet received a response from the distributor. I have sent a further email and I hope for some response tomorrow.

I think the logistics alone would make a replacement un-achievable without even mentioning the cost involved. The same can be said for a return/refund. Due to this I will be pushing the distributor for a partial refund that I can distribute among everyone who has purchased these switches. Please bear in mind that this is what I am hoping/pushing for and not necessarily what will happen.

I am just as frustrated as you all, and I would like to get some resolution or an idea of resolution in place this side of Christmas.

Cheers,

George

Totally understandable and thank you for the message. I feel confident that you'll do all that's possible to get things straightened out. You're awesome!

EDIT: Partial refund would be probably be the best way as it would allow people to order springs if they are up to do a spring swap.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:56:50 by funderburker »

Offline V12twinturbo

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 15:12:59 »
Cherry mx silent BlaRed

Cherry MX Silent Blyat  :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 December 2017, 15:26:12 by V12twintubo »

Offline twk

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:12:28 »
I got the switches today, thanks! I'm a little disappointed about the light springs, but that's not your fault. I think that you have done a good job :-)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:28:36 »
Hey everyone!

Cheers,

George

I agree, partial refund seems the only way to solve this. 

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #374 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 16:43:56 »
partial refund seems the only way to solve this.
Enough to buy a set of springs.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #375 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:01:17 »
partial refund seems the only way to solve this.
Enough to buy a set of springs.

At least yeah 

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 02:19:13 »
Hey everyone!

Cheers,

George

Many thanks to you!

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 04:22:03 »
I have had not reply from my email to my contact at the distributor. I have telephoned them instead and explained the situation. They are going to call me back after checking with the warehouse to make sure they didn't send the wrong parts. Of course we all know that we weren't sent the wrong parts because then we'd have red switches and not black ones. The distributor deals with electronic parts so are not exclusive to mechanical key switches, so I'll let them go through there step of making sure they sent the correct part. When they call me back I'll post another update.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #378 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 04:48:05 »
I have had not reply from my email to my contact at the distributor. I have telephoned them instead and explained the situation. They are going to call me back after checking with the warehouse to make sure they didn't send the wrong parts. Of course we all know that we weren't sent the wrong parts because then we'd have red switches and not black ones. The distributor deals with electronic parts so are not exclusive to mechanical key switches, so I'll let them go through there step of making sure they sent the correct part. When they call me back I'll post another update.
:thumb:

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:14:09 »
I have received an update!

It reads ...

Morning George,

This has been raised with our Marketing Manager who is going to look into this further.

As soon as I hear back I will update you.

I have replied asking that I be kept in the loop with any detail no matter how small.

Offline Muiter

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 05:52:18 »
Thanks for handling it so well George.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my order, got the shipping notification on the 3rd so it means it was shipped in the last wednesday of november, making it 2 weeks of waiting tomorrow :(
I was also looking forward to the black weight so in case we only get a refund where's the best place to get springs with the correct weight in Europe?

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 06:27:27 »
Thanks for handling it so well George.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my order, got the shipping notification on the 3rd so it means it was shipped in the last wednesday of november, making it 2 weeks of waiting tomorrow :(
I was also looking forward to the black weight so in case we only get a refund where's the best place to get springs with the correct weight in Europe?

Not a clue on the springs, unfortunately. If you drop me an email george@opticboards.com with your order number etc... I'll look into why yours hasn't arrived.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 07:08:25 »
I have received an update!

It reads ...

Morning George,

This has been raised with our Marketing Manager who is going to look into this further.

As soon as I hear back I will update you.

I have replied asking that I be kept in the loop with any detail no matter how small.

Thanks for writing every small update George.

If you didn't, I would push the fact that is Cherry fault and not their fault, so they don't waste time to check if they did something wrong. Also to force cherry to fix all their other silent pcb black since this went strangly unnoticed for some time. 

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 12:02:12 »
Guys, see it the right way! You just received rare switches that will probably be very rare in a few months and highly sought after.  :))

And I'm not even joking. I couldn't be more happy to have received switches from a one-off batch!
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 12:56:53 »
Got my switches today. Thanks!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 14:06:42 »
Guys, see it the right way! You just received rare switches that will probably be very rare in a few months and highly sought after.  :))

And I'm not even joking. I couldn't be more happy to have received switches from a one-off batch!

LUL 

(apart the fact that probably every silent black pcb mounted is ****ed up, not only this GB) 

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 19:08:53 »
Just reporting some facts weird-science after talking with Krelbit and testing plenty of my switches.   

Silent switches seems to come with the spring ATTACHED to the stem.

Fact is that once the spring is detached, there is no way to put it back.  Now Krelbit said that on a plate mounted silent black the detached spring sounds really bad, but i did some tests and in our case seems the total opposite (understandable because we have a different spring).

Basically, apart the scratchiness of the switch, the spring has a really really bad sound when is attached (stock).   
You can test it by detaching a spring in one switch and let it attached on another. If you press them hard (or at least to the bottomout) you will clearly hear a metallic sound on the switch with the attached spring (stock), not really a typical ping of some springs, just a boring metallic sound.   On the switch with the detached spring you will mostly not hear that sound. 

So even if you planned to keep the low-weight/****ed-up spring, i really suggest to still open the switch to detach it from the stem, even if you didn't wanted to lube it (that is always recommended). I tested some other spring (ofc detached) and i can't hear that metallic sound. 

So here is a RESUME for that metallic sound: 
  • If you wanted to change the spring, you are fine
  • If you didn't wanted to change the spring but you will open the switch anyway (e.g. to lube), you are fine, just remember to detach the spring too. 
    NOTE: if you have that metallic sound even on few detached springs (as i had), you can fix that by adjusting/moving the spring and if it doesn't work, just lube these springs
  • If you didn't wanted to open the switch at all, i'm afraid to say that you should... at least to detach this spring so you will not have that metallic sound (and maybe you will also decide to lube it at that point)

Here are some facts: 
  • This switch is bad if not lubed.
  • This spring seems too long or just poorly made, never heard that weird sound in any switch.
  • If you still have the metallic sound even after detaching the spring, lube the springs (mainly on the tip), as our Krel boi says, or just lube everything because life is short and lubing is nice!
  • Even if you prefer a light spring, consider getting another spring unless you are going to highly lube that stock spring.

TL;DR  Everyone should open these switches. Also this spring is trash.

(Peace and thanks to Krelboi, all said above is not valid for plate mounted switches where it should be the exact opposite)

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 December 2017, 19:21:09 by KaosJ »

Online pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 21:26:30 »
Speed silvers kinda have a metallic sound on bottom out.  Is it like that?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 22:44:15 »
Just reporting some facts weird-science after talking with Krelbit and testing plenty of my switches.   

Show Image

Fact is that once the spring is detached, there is no way to put it back.  Now Krelbit said that on a plate mounted silent black the detached spring sounds really bad, but i did some tests and in our case seems the total opposite (understandable because we have a different spring).

Basically, apart the scratchiness of the switch, the spring has a really really bad sound when is attached (stock).   
You can test it by detaching a spring in one switch and let it attached on another. If you press them hard (or at least to the bottomout) you will clearly hear a metallic sound on the switch with the attached spring (stock), not really a typical ping of some springs, just a boring metallic sound.   On the switch with the detached spring you will mostly not hear that sound. 

So even if you planned to keep the low-weight/****ed-up spring, i really suggest to still open the switch to detach it from the stem, even if you didn't wanted to lube it (that is always recommended). I tested some other spring (ofc detached) and i can't hear that metallic sound. 

• If you didn't wanted to change the spring but you will open the switch anyway (e.g. to lube), you are fine, just remember to detach the spring too. 
    NOTE: if you have that metallic sound even on few detached springs (as i had), you can fix that by adjusting/moving the spring and if it doesn't work, just lube these springs
  • If you didn't wanted to open the switch at all, i'm afraid to say that you should... at least to detach this spring so you will not have that metallic sound (and maybe you will also decide to lube it at that point)

Here are some facts: 
  • This spring seems too long or just poorly made, never heard that weird sound in any switch.
  • If you still have the metallic sound even after detaching the spring, lube the springs (mainly on the tip), as our Krel boi says, or just lube everything because life is short and lubing is nice!
  • Even if you prefer a light spring, consider getting another spring unless you are going to highly lube that stock spring.

(Peace and thanks to Krelboi, all said above is not valid for plate mounted switches where it should be the exact opposite)

Great write up! Thanks for providing this for us. This will make for a fun project once Kin's switch films are shipped out as well.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 01:16:47 »
More

Show Image

Here are some facts: 

Great write up! Thanks for providing this for us. This will make for a fun project once Kin's switch films are shipped out as well.

Haha, I'm waiting on Kin's switch films too. Well, might as well search for some lube and springs. Any good places to order lube and/or springs in Europe?

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #390 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 02:11:03 »

Show Image

Here are some facts: 

I'm very confused about this.

So these switches are scratchy like the old ones, the spring isn't standard, makes strange noises and needs the lube and you can't put it back once you removed it from the stem. Are we supposed to lube the stem or just the spring by bathing it in lube oil? And I've bought two sets of this thing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 03:13:45 by Giorgio »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 03:53:10 »
So these switches are scratchy like the old ones, the spring isn't standard, makes strange noises and needs the lube and you can't put it back once you removed it from the stem. Are we supposed to lube the stem or just the spring by bathing it in lube oil? And I've bought two sets of this thing.
For the scratchy maybe i exaggerate a bit, I mean it is always scratchy yeah, but at least detaching that spring fixes that  (imho it's unusable with the spring attached), I'm not sure how Cherry is happy to put these switches on stock keyboards.     
The fact that you can't put it back (attach it back to the stem) in our case is actually good. On the Plate mounted Krel said that it is worse when you detach it, but in our case (this GB) we have to detach it, so the fact that we can't put it back in place it isn't a problem honestly, the only problem is that anyone has to open that switch.   

Well if you open it, you are not going to lube only the spring, when you open it you lube basically everything:
  • Stem sliders
  • Housing sliders
  • Legs (or contacts but better legs imho)
  • Eventually the spring IF you can still feel a ping from it or any weird sound

NOTE: I strongly recommend to do your tests (to everyone), this is my opinion on these switches after around 20 switches opened and some comparison between them (also some lubed/spring swapped).  Don't stop at 1v1 switches, just open 4 switches and test them :) 

Speed silvers kinda have a metallic sound on bottom out.  Is it like that?
Can't confirm 100% because i have them on a numpad but no spare silver switches. It is not really clear now that they are soldered especially because this numpad is hella loud, but seems like they have that metallic sound as well (not sure if it is the same tho). 

Well, might as well search for some lube and springs. Any good places to order lube and/or springs in Europe?
If you contact @Calza on Discord maybe he still have some Krtyox. He is the guy who did 105 and 106 Krytox GB recently, from UK. 

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 03:57:43 by KaosJ »

Offline xantiema

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 06:07:43 »

Show Image

Here are some facts: 

Exactly in the same situation... I dont even have switch openers - that really wasn't apart of the deal with these switches  :mad:

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 06:40:55 »

Show Image

Here are some facts: 

Exactly in the same situation... I dont even have switch openers - that really wasn't apart of the deal with these switches  :mad:

Yeah i get the disappointment of who didn't planned to open their switches.  On a side note i suggest this as best/fastest tool to open them.   
It comes in pairs, these are supposed to open the switch from the top with 2 of them, but you actually need only 1 and from the bottom. Opening from the top with 2 of them is kinda slow and bad, while opening them from the bottom it is pretty easy and fast. 
You open from the bottom one side, you press on the sides with the finger to keep it open and you open it on the other side (3-5 seconds for switch). 

Get this opportunity to start to lube your switches :D 
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 06:42:27 by KaosJ »

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 08:20:30 »
Now that the haze has worn off I can concur; the springs are ****. I don't notice too much difference from attached vs detached, but one with a gat yellow spring in it next to one with the detached stock spring makes the latter feel like a linear rubberdome. Looks like I might be making Black Banana switches after all, should have enough gat yellows left over to fill an entire board.

(what was once yellow, and is now black and mushy? a black banana.)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #395 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 12:57:17 »
Now that the haze has worn off I can concur; the springs are ****. I don't notice too much difference from attached vs detached, but one with a gat yellow spring in it next to one with the detached stock spring makes the latter feel like a linear rubberdome. Looks like I might be making Black Banana switches after all, should have enough gat yellows left over to fill an entire board.

lube them and they should be less ****ty

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 14:35:31 »
I received my switches today.

1. Yes, they do feel quite light as all GB participants have probably noticed.
2. The stem is dark gray and not black, is this expected?
3. As KaosJ demonstrated there is a somewhat strange metallic noise when you try the switches out. It sounds like an old and weary door handle spring but very quiet. Annoying.
4. I got my switches in an awesome citrus-themed bag

My next steps:

1. Find out where I can buy MX Black or comparable springs, a tad heavier would not be an issue either.
2. Find out how and with what to properly open switches.
3. Find out how to properly lube switches.

Any pointers on these appreciated. :)

Many thanks for VicareyG for doing their best in making this right. Even a partial refund would be great so we can buy better springs for these with less loss.

Did I understand correctly that this "camo red" issue is not restricted to just this group buy and even other orders have been messed up because Cherry made a mistake?
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Atredl

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 14:49:27 »
Silent blacks have a dark grey stem to differentiate them from regular blacks. The silent black dark grey color is somewhere between the MX grey and the MX black.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #398 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 15:14:01 »
Silent blacks have a dark grey stem to differentiate them from regular blacks. The silent black dark grey color is somewhere between the MX grey and the MX black.
Ah ok. Makes sense, thanks!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #399 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 16:06:17 »

lube them and they should be less ****ty

It's not just the creakiness, it's the spring curve. The yellows' lower top to bottom delta makes for a fuller, less springy keypress feel. I'm reminded of why I disliked reds in the first place.