Author Topic: Overwatch Discussion Thread  (Read 144953 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: Overwatch Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 19:35:41 »
I've figured out that no one in my tiers knows how to deal with Bastion nor Pharah and I love them both. Don't even need Bastion's turret either, his mobile rifle is good enough.

Bastion = CS:GO slow-running T with health packs switching between an AK and a Para

Pharah = Quake rockets with permanent high ground
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 19:39:16 »
It's funny because Bastion is literally a discount Dad 76.
Bastion #2 Dad.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 21:11:56 »
Pharah = Quake rockets with permanent high ground

fighting another pharah in the air is so fun

i want a future weekly brawl to be pharah only with quicker/unlimited fuel recovery, on koth maps

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 20:31:21 »
rofl i love shooting pharas out the air it's probably my favourite thing to do in that game, feels like duck hunt. So satisfying
I love Elzy

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 05:43:14 »
rofl i love shooting pharas out the air it's probably my favourite thing to do in that game, feels like duck hunt. So satisfying

**** you.

Every time I play Pharah, the other team just happens to have a pro sniper. Annoying.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 06:02:47 »

**** you.

Every time I play Pharah, the other team just happens to have a pro sniper. Annoying.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 07:20:38 »

**** you.

Show Image

Haha. Also that image is horrifying.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 02:17:50 »
I think I performed very well today :) might be finally off tilt? My widow keeps feeling better and better
I love Elzy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 02:27:45 »
I think I performed very well today :) might be finally off tilt? My widow keeps feeling better and better

from https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4p5a63/jeff_kaplan_has_addressed_matchmaking/

We are constantly improving the matchmaker. We learn more each day. We have one of our best engineers and best designers full time dedicated to the system. Many of those “silent” patches that go out during the week are adjustments to the system. For example, we recently realized that “Avoid this player” was wreaking havoc on matchmaking. One of the best Widowmaker players in the world complained to us about long queue times. We looked into it and found that hundreds of other players had avoided him (he’s a nice guy – they avoided him because they did not want to play against him, not because of misbehavior). The end result was that it took him an extremely long time to find a match. The worst part was, by the time he finally got a match, he had been waiting so long that the system had “opened up” to lower skill players. Now one of the best Widowmaker players was facing off against players at a lower skill level. As a result, we’ve disabled the Avoid system (the UI will go away in an upcoming patch). The system was designed with the best intent. But the results were pretty disastrous.

is this you hahaha

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 02:58:42 »
I heard the story but no it isn't me. I do wonder how many people have put me on avoid. I think i recall meeting 2 opposing widows who were objectively better than me, everyone else loses their head
I love Elzy

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 05:52:49 »
I heard the story but no it isn't me. I do wonder how many people have put me on avoid. I think i recall meeting 2 opposing widows who were objectively better than me, everyone else loses their head

I put you on avoid, but only because I hate blue.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 23:56:22 »

Can someone teach me what I'm doing wrong to lose these games?
I love Elzy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:05:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Can someone teach me what I'm doing wrong to lose these games?

you're playing solo q (in the second pic)

you gotta play in a group with coms to have proper teamwork; the game is too new to have players knowing how to play as a team without coms. instead they'll just tend to venture out past the objective and try and get solo kills and ****

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:07:24 »
hate team games
I love Elzy

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:11:08 »
I just play Mercy and it's always a coin flip to see who wins.
That's what my winrate says.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 03:08:54 »
hate team games

>hates team games
>won't join a near full pre-made

But more seriously, I think comp mode will even out a lot of the bull****

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 03:23:38 »
hate team games

>hates team games

I think that with rewards on the line there will be a lot more salt from teammates who can't identify and accept where they went wrong.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:03:00 »
hate team games

>hates team games

I'll join you guys when I don't care about winning :D

I love Elzy

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:07:05 »
hate team games

>hates team games

I think that with rewards on the line there will be a lot more salt from teammates who can't identify and accept where they went wrong.

Yeah, some people are gonna run around and play COD anyways so in their minds, they didn't do anything wrong.  We'll have to see how things go after it's rolled out.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:23:31 »
hate team games

>hates team games

I'll join you guys when I don't care about winning :D

But you still lose you nerd
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:03:31 »

**** you.

Show Image

:)) :))

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:52:28 »
Finally see why Hanzo is fun. Gave him 10 mins and did well. Payload map, so prob much easier.

EDIT: Forgot. My ult was reflected once and wiped my entire team. Oooooooooooops.

Continue to play Rein and Junkrat when trying to win.

Really having fun, but maybe that is because I haven't gamed in years.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 13:01:59 by absyrd »

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 19:31:17 »
I am Geekhack's best Roadhog trust me guys

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #323 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:06:35 »
https://gfycat.com/EagerSpanishInganue

I'm getting better at my jump shot timings... too bad blizz is gonna nerf this once more people start doing it. EZiest 1v1 against other widows of my life

I'm still not sure if it's entirely possible to hit at the peak of the jump to 1 shot without any previous damage done or any damage boost. Even then it's either 1 or 2 frame timing window...
I love Elzy

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:29:56 »

I'm getting better at my jump shot timings... too bad blizz is gonna nerf this once more people start doing it. EZiest 1v1 against other widows of my life

I'm still not sure if it's entirely possible to hit at the peak of the jump to 1 shot without any previous damage done or any damage boost. Even then it's either 1 or 2 frame timing window...

Not launching over the little bridge thing to nail a headshot mid-air on the solo bot on the left

5/7

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #325 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:51:19 »

Not launching over the little bridge thing to nail a headshot mid-air on the solo bot on the left

5/7

I've done that before but since you're falling further you have more time to charge the shot which eliminates the need to have perfect timing... and then you just grapple back up anyway.

I made a thread on reddit explaining the mechanic and try to get a Blizzard response so I know whether I should keep practicing or if they're gonna patch it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4pkbc5/widowmaker_jump_shoot_mechanic/
I love Elzy

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:52:49 »
Just reduce the ridiculously fast charge rate.
Seriously it's like you already have full charge by the time you find your mark.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 00:35:15 »
Today was a REALLY good Widow day, gg to everyone I played with :)
I love Elzy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 00:48:21 »

glad to hear

also glad i'm too far away to be placed in your matches

question, do you aim your mouse with your wrist or your arm?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 00:51:53 »

glad to hear

I play on 3600 native dpi because I'm used to higher sensitivities from playing starcraft and such, but in-game sensitivity is set to 1 so that I do have to use my arm. There's just no comparing wrist vs arm in FPS really but I know some people are pretty godly with insanely high DPI (professional Chinese/Korean FPS players for example often play on really high sensitivities, I think due to a lack of desk space at home). I used to play on high sensitivities in CSGO but I dropped it to where I had to use up the entirety of my mousepad (Razer Goliathus regular size). Flicks on point :D
I love Elzy

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #330 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 01:01:52 »

glad to hear

I play on 3600 native dpi because I'm used to higher sensitivities from playing starcraft and such, but in-game sensitivity is set to 1 so that I do have to use my arm. There's just no comparing wrist vs arm in FPS really but I know some people are pretty godly with insanely high DPI (professional Chinese/Korean FPS players for example often play on really high sensitivities, I think due to a lack of desk space at home). I used to play on high sensitivities in CSGO but I dropped it to where I had to use up the entirety of my mousepad (Razer Goliathus regular size). Flicks on point :D

i'm also used to a tiny mousepad (i have a phat one now) so i'm used to aiming with my wirst with high sens

game sensitivity does confuse me though. if you're at 3600 dpi at 1 in-game sens (and assuming 6/11 windows sens), does that mean that because i play at 800dpi at 5 in-game sens, my effective dpi is 4000?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 01:06:52 »

glad to hear

i'm also used to a tiny mousepad (i have a phat one now) so i'm used to aiming with my wirst with high sens

game sensitivity does confuse me though. if you're at 3600 dpi at 1 in-game sens (and assuming 6/11 windows sens), does that mean that because i play at 800dpi at 5 in-game sens, my effective dpi is 4000?

Honestly I have no clue how blizz sensitivity works. In the Sc2 engine it's based on %, no idea about overwatch.

For some reason the 1:1 scope sensitivity for Widowmaker is 38, according to someone's math.

I just have it to 1 because I'm too lazy to drop my mouse down to 400/800 and have to switch back to 3600 for menus. 2 is a little too fast is all.
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #332 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 01:06:19 »
Tip for people who are semi-decent at aiming with Widow but want to practice or warm up:

For 5-10 minutes I go into the Training Range and find some of the stationary bots, put my crosshair in random locations and then close my eyes and flick to try and get a headshot.

If it hits the head, 1 point, if it hits body, 0.5, if it misses, 0. If I miss I reopen my eyes for like half a second to reprocess the image. I play this little game for a bit and then step it up a notch and include moving my own character to make it a bit harder. This way I have to visualize my character movements as well as visualize my crosshair movement in my head.

I think I have about 85%~ headshot accuracy with my eyes closed flicking at various distances while stationary and maybe 65%~ while moving around.

Once I open my eyes again I basically feel like an aimbot, it's an incredible feeling. Then go into real games and stomp people lol

Before doing all that I also like to go to this spot in the training range and practice hitting these two bots by flicking, using the orange light as a starting point. Helps train muscle memory and warm up for the eyes closed game.

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2016, 01:10:11 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #333 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 01:09:38 »
Finally I can play in fullscreen again.
Windowed borderless ran like crap for me for some reason. (Although I did read something somewhere about windowed borderless being less than optimal if you've got several screens.)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 16:17:45 »
competitive comes out and i'm on verge of retirement gg
I love Elzy

Offline Reigning Hell

• Forever Fiending 4 a V2
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 20:47:50 »
Damn, competitive mode is addictive. I put 4 games in, came out 3w1L so far .

I'm  mainly spamming my best hero, da boi Junkrat, and playing any other heroes when needed. 

edit: Got ranked 48 - can't tell if bad or good
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:18:47 by Reigning Hell »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 21:24:42 »
competitive comes out and i'm on verge of retirement gg

MFW

Offline brighenne

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:45:47 »
I got 53 after what I felt like was a pretty poor performance...no clue what that actually means.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 02:49:18 »
i'm still at work so i haven't gotten a chance to play, but two of my friends have told me that they're in the top 500 bracket (white/gold icon)

i do not think i will be joining them

edit: they got severely rekt and are dropping ranks fast

they trolled me -_-
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 03:06:41 by nmur »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 04:58:28 »
i'm still at work so i haven't gotten a chance to play, but two of my friends have told me that they're in the top 500 bracket (white/gold icon)

they trolled me -_-
well ****.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 05:08:07 »

they trolled me -_-
well ****.
turns out they got 10-0 and got 65 and 64 for ranks. during placement they had the top 500 icon but it may have been a bug

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:12:18 »
meh 42 only lols

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:52:48 »
trash game, would never play it
I freaking bought it... Bigpock #1595

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 01:37:59 »

idiot

this game is ****.
I love Elzy

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 04:37:51 »

idiot

this game is ****.
You seem to have a love/hate relationship with this game.
Although is it hate/hate atm?  :))

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 15:08:05 »
Haven't logged in since comp mode came out. I'll probably shy away.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 15:32:48 »
still need to finish my placement matches, only just got to level 25 last night and got in 1 placement before having to go to bed
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 17:03:55 »

idiot

this game is ****.

Sifo trying to tp4 up threads.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 18:03:55 »
Haven't logged in since comp mode came out. I'll probably shy away.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 18:17:35 »
Haha. I couldn't help myself. First match was ALL already ranked people (around 50s ratings) and poor me. I got wrecked. Next 3 games I was on winning team. No clue how that first dealy happened.