Author Topic: [IC] GMK Future Nights // Update on most recent post  (Read 32701 times)

Offline darthcapn

Re: [IC] GMK Neon Nights
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 08:05:02 »
Looks nice. Kitting is slightly weird, but all in all it looks like a set I would wait for to run.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 08:45:27 »
Get a load of this...Deskmat with the theme of that ISO enter novelty, would be very fresh I think. Stellaidoscope does some great designs fr.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 09:09:30 »
omfg i'm so tired of the new jersey devils being so ****ty

not your best work. 4/10 at best. Maybe your archnemesis of sam will make me feel something. ya know two sides of the same coin and alladat

also
More
Max scherzer is a new york met
Show Image
https://imgur.com/a/uHnoWTR
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 09:14:00 »

not your best work. 4/10 at best. Maybe your archnemesis of sam will make me feel something. ya know two sides of the same coin and alladat

also
More
Show Image
I am in your walls :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 09:18:19 »

also
More
Show Image

of sam… focus on giving good feedback.

Unless you know for certain what you are talking about or how the set is currently running you’re out of pocket.

Offline Skok

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 09:24:01 »

also
More
Show Image

8/10

Offline Skok

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 10:32:29 »
I prefer dark base,
Novelty kit: I also recommend adding ansi enter novelties too, those 2 iso ones are so good.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing a similar style on the ansi enter so theres no compromise nov on that key. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.

Get a load of this...Deskmat with the theme of that ISO enter novelty, would be very fresh I think. Stellaidoscope does some great designs fr.

Yeah that was definitely an idea I had. If I decide to commission a deskmat I want to do it in the same vein as this poster in terms of the high contrast between each color. Stell has made deskmats before that could definitely fit this style so I'm sure it would look great. Might be a bit loud so we'll wait and see.
More

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 12:16:21 »

Yeah that was definitely an idea I had. If I decide to commission a deskmat I want to do it in the same vein as this poster in terms of the high contrast between each color. Stell has made deskmats before that could definitely fit this style so I'm sure it would look great. Might be a bit loud so we'll wait and see.
More
[/quote]

Yeah, a real busy design would really complement the whole theme imo. That red ISO enter novelty gives me Batman Beyond vibes now that I'm looking at it again. Now I definitely want a deskmat lmao. (idk how to quote lol)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 February 2022, 12:17:53 by denibhoxha »

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 12:40:51 »
ahh solarized dark with weeb legends and random gamer colours, must be 2022
can someone just rerun solarized dark instead pls

ironic for a beige fanboy
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline bball2

Re: [IC] GMK 2069 (name change s00n)
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 13:12:47 »
Damn that looks dope! Look forward to the GB :-)

Offline pwade3

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 13:34:04 »
Neat set, might want a teal-colored 1u Fn in the neon base or alt mods (depending on how the IC pans out), since I think some 65s and such use a bottom-row fn instead of just going the split shift route.

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 February 2022, 13:36:10 by pwade3 »

Offline Vanquish

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 14:43:21 »
Both the Base and Neon are great. I will definitely be a part of the group buy when that happens!

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 16:06:22 »
Great set, though would like to see Nord UK extension kit for me to go for it

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 03:28:54 »
In my opinion, the dark base should be the starting point. I don't think the set looks good with both the teal keys and the red numrow, so I don't think they should be forced on people. However, with either one or the other, I think it has potential.
Having them as child kits seems like it could work, although in that case I would work on trimming down the dark base kit (e.g. by dropping the red arrows or splitting the numpad), so as to avoid a $170+ price tag if buying dark base + either of the red/teal child kits.

Neat set, might want a teal-colored 1u Fn in the neon base or alt mods (depending on how the IC pans out), since I think some 65s and such use a bottom-row fn instead of just going the split shift route.
There already is a teal-colored Fn, though?

Offline linell

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 03:48:34 »
as much as it hurts my eyes, I really like it
accent numrow is cool
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 April 2022, 17:32:40 by linell »
bro this a **** set, just be thankful you even getting 1 base running fr

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 05:15:41 »
I prefer dark base,
Novelty kit: I also recommend adding ansi enter novelties too, those 2 iso ones are so good.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing a similar style on the ansi enter so theres no compromise nov on that key. Just need to figure out the best way to do it.

More
Show Image
Might need blue (or teal) on the mod iso enter too to represent light the same way as the accent one

Offline pwade3

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 06:55:04 »
There already is a teal-colored Fn, though?

The R4 rows are two different colors (I would say blue for the shift row, teal for the very bottom row), unless I'm blind, I see a blue 1u fn for things such as split shift, but I don't see a teal one for any bottom-row 1u fn layouts.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 08:01:23 »
The R4 rows are two different colors (I would say blue for the shift row, teal for the very bottom row), unless I'm blind, I see a blue 1u fn for things such as split shift, but I don't see a teal one for any bottom-row 1u fn layouts.

Huh, they seemed different to me too at first glance, but I thought that was just an artifact of the lighting in the kit render. Now that I'm on desktop instead of mobile, I see that they're different in all of the renders. :P In that case, you are correct: a separate R4 1u Fn key in teal will need to be added to the kits.

Although, if I'm being honest, I don't really like that the R4 rows are different colors. The colors are very similar, but not quite the same. Either make them exactly the same or make them more distinct. At the moment it's sitting in that uncanny territory imo.

Offline kight

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 08:37:50 »
Although, if I'm being honest, I don't really like that the R4 rows are different colors. The colors are very similar, but not quite the same. Either make them exactly the same or make them more distinct. At the moment it's sitting in that uncanny territory imo.

This. I couldn't tell the R4 colors apart at first glance and maybe that's just me, but I think you would get a lot more mileage out of that extra color if you upped the contrast there. Love the neon base otherwise :thumb:

Offline Skok

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 09 February 2022, 10:55:46 »

Yeah I didn't even think about this. Will definitely add in the next update.

In my opinion, the dark base should be the starting point. I don't think the set looks good with both the teal keys and the red numrow, so I don't think they should be forced on people. However, with either one or the other, I think it has potential.
Having them as child kits seems like it could work, although in that case I would work on trimming down the dark base kit (e.g. by dropping the red arrows or splitting the numpad), so as to avoid a $170+ price tag if buying dark base + either of the red/teal child kits.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with you. I'll more than likely move it a shade over to make it bluer and more distinct from the bottom. In terms of kitting this is something I'll have to think about a bit. I definitely agree that the neon base won't be for everyone but if we are talking in terms of the intent of the set the neon base is "canon" per se. I'm not necessarily partial to forcing neon base to run but I want the set to run in any way that the neon base can be achieved. I don't know if I would split the numpad but I'd definitely be willing to drop accent arrows. Thanks for the input Konstantin!

This. I couldn't tell the R4 colors apart at first glance and maybe that's just me, but I think you would get a lot more mileage out of that extra color if you upped the contrast there. Love the neon base otherwise :thumb:

I agree with you as mentioned above, thanks!

Offline Tree_

Re: [IC] GMK 2069 (name change soon)
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 19:11:58 »
Dark Base is the play. Neon Base makes my eyeballs bleed when I look at it.

I genuinely think you should stick to 2069 as the name.

Offline Skok

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 23:18:15 »
Neon Base makes my eyeballs bleed when I look at it.

I genuinely think you should stick to 2069 as the name.

That's the point. The IC form is skewing towards dark base at 57/43 ratio. I assume it'll prob be the main base kit if the numbers keep going that way. Either way the ability to have the neon base will either be through maybe a cut down 2nd base kit or a child kit as that is my intent of the set.

As for the name, not that it is that important, it'll probably be in a similar vein to the original one. 2069 is a funny call out to the inspiration but I want something a little less "memey" I guess. Just needed a placeholder.

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 11:52:47 »
ISO enter novelties look amazing!

Offline andromache

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 15:47:25 »
Dark base SUCKS. Neon base chad. Would be nice if you could offer both but I understand not doing that with how GMK is selling right now.....sad dark base is winning the IC vote though. I will have to bot the form to get my way I guess.

Offline Hawkenfreude

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 17:03:35 »
Smells like voter fraud. I demand a recount. Only Neon base can make keyboards great again!

Offline Skok

Re: [IC] GMK Future Nights
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 16:14:30 »
An update:

So with public disdain for GMK growing as well as lack of confidence from vendors I think it would be a bit tone deaf to try to brute force this set as GMK. I'm not partial to the profile as much as I am the colorway. For this reason I'm deciding to swap over to DCS.
It's something that I considered from the beginning when making this set and even did a render or two as seen here. As for sublegends, its something I'd have to consider as the molds would have to be made for the Katakana.

There is a good reason to do this besides the obvious reason which would be lead time. Besides lead time swapping over to DCS would allow for less custom colors to be used (probably) due to a wider range of stock options and more flexibility with child kits which was a big question mark with GMK. The lower MOQs in general should also lend well to this set's feasibility.

We are sitting at around 80 IC responses from GH alone. I have not posted to any other external platform. I'll be realistic and reserved for now and acknowledge that the set may fail completely but I'd still like to make it happen in anyway possible.
The next step is to buy SP color chips and see how many stock colors are viable and some DCS to make sure I actually like it.

Thanks.

Offline rndr

• Keyboard Enthusiast Writeups
Re: [IC] DCS Future Nights // Update on most recent post
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 08:09:16 »
Catchy design. I hope an Indian vendor runs this set as well.

Offline brianwang76

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 21:45:22 »
I am glad this moves to DCS!
I usually don't really like katakana sublegends on keycaps but I think in this case it works super well with the theme and really hope it is still possible with DCS!  :)

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 26 February 2022, 21:50:15 »
any chance of adding a red Q-row kit for the 40s crowd

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 18:40:37 »
Can you render dark base? maybe dark base with red row? that's what I'm looking for show some different combos
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline Skok

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 18:50:53 »
any chance of adding a red Q-row kit for the 40s crowd

I'd say its pretty unlikely since I don't see it being popular enough

I am glad this moves to DCS!
I usually don't really like katakana sublegends on keycaps but I think in this case it works super well with the theme and really hope it is still possible with DCS!  :)

I'm 99% sure its going to need new molds for katakana so I'll have to look into the price implications of that. On a more positive note that means I have a bit of freedom to make my own subs instead of borrowing from Biip or Mito.

Can you render dark base? maybe dark base with red row? that's what I'm looking for show some different combos

I don't have any renders specifically but I do have a video that shows off all the different combos. Once I start working on the DCS renders I'll make sure to get all the variations of colorways.

More

Offline sagenju

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 05 March 2022, 00:13:20 »
Dude this set is awesome. Kudos to your decision to go for DCS.

Offline Tsenohebot

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 06 March 2022, 20:18:09 »
Definitely picking this one up when it enters gb.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 05:20:38 »
I'm 99% sure its going to need new molds for katakana so I'll have to look into the price implications of that. On a more positive note that means I have a bit of freedom to make my own subs instead of borrowing from Biip or Mito.

Since that's the case, please take this opportunity to create molds that are based on the standard ANSI EN-JP kana layout (similar to how MiTo's sublegends are laid out) rather than the vintage Apple one that Biip's molds are based on. This will open the door for future DCS sets to have a nice, accurate set of katakana molds available.

reference
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 March 2022, 05:23:09 by konstantin »

Offline Skok

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 07 March 2022, 10:51:09 »

Since that's the case, please take this opportunity to create molds that are based on the standard ANSI EN-JP kana layout (similar to how MiTo's sublegends are laid out) rather than the vintage Apple one that Biip's molds are based on. This will open the door for future DCS sets to have a nice, accurate set of katakana molds available.

reference

Yeah for sure, I was only using Biip's for aesthetic purposes. If I can make my own from the ground up there's no reason to not make them accurate. Thanks for the references!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 03:28:34 »
glad to see DCS getting some more modern looking project, I'm just afraid the queue will just be as bad as GMK's by the time this set runs.

Offline rndr

• Keyboard Enthusiast Writeups
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 09:51:21 »
DCS Queue is filling up fast. Please act soon and start the GB. Or else, it will become another GMK meme

Offline PixelOps

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 07:27:38 »
please, consider Latin Alphas base kit, at least for me is too much latin+katakana

Offline smsking

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 11:49:55 »
Don't care if it makes me a zoomer or something, i've really wanted a set like this, like the japanese sublegends, the red row of the neon set, and that novelty is gonna make me turn british.

Offline mytommy

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 11:06:30 »
keep the sublegends for the love of baby jesus <3

Offline iaman

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 14 April 2022, 16:41:14 »
Honestly DCS sounds fine to me, and I don't care for the sublegends anyway. SP does great color-matching and if they can get a DCS set out much faster than GMK can get a Cherry set out, more power to ya. You can always do a GMK set down the road if people really want the sublegends version.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 21:13:47 »
Honestly DCS sounds fine to me, and I don't care for the sublegends anyway. SP does great color-matching and if they can get a DCS set out much faster than GMK can get a Cherry set out, more power to ya. You can always do a GMK set down the road if people really want the sublegends version.

DCS is out to 40 weeks now, just fyi. Thats the quoted timeline too.

Offline Skok

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 15 April 2022, 21:36:55 »
keep the sublegends for the love of baby jesus <3

I do plan on keeping the sublegends.

DCS is out to 40 weeks now, just fyi. Thats the quoted timeline too.

There's more reasons to go with SP than just lead time. SP's wider selection of stock colors means I only need to go custom on 1 or 2 colors (still deciding) instead of 3. The more forgiving MOQs are also a bonus for a set that is split 5050 in terms of options I want offer. DCS texture also slaps, at least while it lasts.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 03:48:14 »
This should not work, but it does and I should not like it ..... but I do.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Skok

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 11:05:12 »
This should not work, but it does and I should not like it ..... but I do.
More

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
Re: [IC] GMK Future Nights // Update on most recent post
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 12:34:28 »
Yo this stinks skok

Offline Quotes

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 02:01:07 »
Any updates on this set? I just happen to randomly come across this, was talking to a few buds yeaterday about how we want exactly a set like this.

Offline Skok

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 14:01:56 »
Any updates on this set? I just happen to randomly come across this, was talking to a few buds yeaterday about how we want exactly a set like this.

I would still like it to yes. I haven't abandoned it. I just don't know if there is enough interest to get it to MOQ regardless of manufacturer.

Offline Araset

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 09:27:58 »
Big up for 40s support in base, I would really like to see it happen

Offline UncannyPally

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 12:15:59 »
Love this colorway and design! Actually just registered to say I would absolutely be interested if you get it produced.