Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 437027 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 03:01:21 »
I understand what you're saying - but if its a common opinion that topre isn't great for gaming its something I'd like to know before investing hundreds of dollars into a board. I don't really see any pro RTS gamers using topre, which makes me a little nervous about it for gaming. I see a lot of people here talking about how the 45g is "mushy". Can you tell me a little about that?

They are "mushy," but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. This "mushy" you're talking about can also be described as "soft," or "boobs" by others. For typing, this mushy is what makes it so pleasant and smooth. I find that the mushiness of the 45g Topre to be less desirable when gaming though, as it's not responsive enough for me. This is why I'd recommend 55g for gaming as it's much more snappy/stiff/responsive with less mush in the middle because the stiffer dome helps push up faster against your fingers. As you can see though, I PREFER moderately stiff switches for gaming because I think it's more responsive, which is why I also prefer moderately stiff Cherry linear switches for gaming, as I perceive it to be most responsive and the right balance of stiffness.

I hope this helps, but ultimately, it all comes down to actually trying the switches out. Topre was very different to what I had imagined it to be, and I did A LOT of reading and research before buying my first Topre board. And even after having owned my Leopold 660C with 45g Topre for awhile, I was again shocked by how different the 55g Topre felt compared to the 45g. To make things more complicated... all the 45g Topre boards feel different (660C vs HHKB vs RF), believe it or not. So yeah... :))

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 03:50:02 »
I understand what you're saying - but if its a common opinion that topre isn't great for gaming its something I'd like to know before investing hundreds of dollars into a board. I don't really see any pro RTS gamers using topre, which makes me a little nervous about it for gaming. I see a lot of people here talking about how the 45g is "mushy". Can you tell me a little about that?

They are "mushy," but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. This "mushy" you're talking about can also be described as "soft," or "boobs" by others. For typing, this mushy is what makes it so pleasant and smooth. I find that the mushiness of the 45g Topre to be less desirable when gaming though, as it's not responsive enough for me. This is why I'd recommend 55g for gaming as it's much more snappy/stiff/responsive with less mush in the middle because the stiffer dome helps push up faster against your fingers. As you can see though, I PREFER moderately stiff switches for gaming because I think it's more responsive, which is why I also prefer moderately stiff Cherry linear switches for gaming, as I perceive it to be most responsive and the right balance of stiffness.

I hope this helps, but ultimately, it all comes down to actually trying the switches out. Topre was very different to what I had imagined it to be, and I did A LOT of reading and research before buying my first Topre board. And even after having owned my Leopold 660C with 45g Topre for awhile, I was again shocked by how different the 55g Topre felt compared to the 45g. To make things more complicated... all the 45g Topre boards feel different (660C vs HHKB vs RF), believe it or not. So yeah... :))

Thanks kitten :)

Yea, I've heard that the boards feel different too. I've read that the HHKB 45g is more responsive than the Realforce 45. I really like blue switches, but the thought of anything heavier is a little daunting. I have issues with my right hand and it already gets tired on blues during typing. I don't do a ton of typing, however and my left hand is always on point for gaming so its not a huge deal. The 45g HHKB may work well for me. I would use browns instead of blues for less force requirement but I LOVE how clicky blues are. I love the sound. Its just me in my home office and no one else can hear it :)

I wish there was someone in my area (new orleans) that would let me try their topre board :( I'm still just confused and overwhelmed lol.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 03:57:56 »
Let me share with you my thoughts? I think if you are going to mechanical direction, I'd think that you will not be completely satisfied with just one keyboard. As such, I would think it is good to start with what you think is comfortable, which is Blues. Try it for 3 months and then get another board - maybe an Alps... and later you can move to Topre. Besides, it is more fun that way. Then you can think about modding. There is no point in settling down with one. After all, that's the reason you are joining GH right? :D

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 04:02:33 »
Let me share with you my thoughts? I think if you are going to mechanical direction, I'd think that you will not be completely satisfied with just one keyboard. As such, I would think it is good to start with what you think is comfortable, which is Blues. Try it for 3 months and then get another board - maybe an Alps... and later you can move to Topre. Besides, it is more fun that way. Then you can think about modding. There is no point in settling down with one. After all, that's the reason you are joining GH right? :D

True! I've had my blackwidow ultimate for a while now and want to get another. I'm either going to get the realforce 55g, the hhkb pro 2, a WASD v2, or a Filco Majetouch 2. If I go the mechanical (non topre) route I'm going to get thick pbt caps, which I've been looking for for a while. I posted about it today here but I really haven't found any leads :(

Offline Belfong

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 04:06:28 »
Hmm, that's right, you already have the BlackWidow. Then there is no point in going to MX Blue or Cherry - meaning you should scrap WASD V2 and Filco. So it is either Topre or Matias Alps - I did a review on Matias Quiet Pro in GH - maybe you can consider that but ha ha , that would have complicate matters. But really, no point in going to Cherry if you have tried it in BlackWidow. Try a different switch or a totally different layout like a 60% or a ten keyless.

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 04:11:10 »
Yea - I want a TKL. That's why I was looking at the Filco / WASD. I hang out at a LAN center a lot and bringing my blackwidow is a pain the butt. Honestly. I'm not too huge a fan of the blackwidow. It feels a little "cheap" and I want something of much higher quality.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 04:27:15 »
TKL is too big for moving about then.
HHKB Pro 2 or a 60% like Poker is what you should be eye-ing.

Ahh.. your choices are now narrowed down.

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:02:43 »

Is it reasonable to get both? at least that's what I am planning to do...hard choices between a white or black though (everything i own is black so black would be easier to match..but white seems more adventurous)

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:03:51 »
hhkb comes mail tomorrow!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:59:49 »

Is it reasonable to get both? at least that's what I am planning to do...hard choices between a white or black though (everything i own is black so black would be easier to match..but white seems more adventurous)
Absolutely if you can get both. I have one at home and the other (HHKB) that I now use at work.
I went for the black HHKB even though I prefer the white. Reason being I knew one day I will want to buy replacement key caps and I can get the white-grey replacement key caps which really looked sexy on a black base. There are many photos on this so you can take a look. I don't think black key caps looked good on white base.

Offline Emospence

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:42:14 »

I am personally here to find a keyboard that I can settle down with, get two for both home and work be happy ;D
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:10:04 »

You're asking THAT around here? :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:07:43 »

Is it reasonable? No.  :-[

Is it necessary? Only if you want to be awesome.   :thumb:

Think of the key swapping possibilities for the board you're actively using.  : :eek:
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:51:33 »
Get both - Poker for the week and HHKB for Sunday best :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:31:10 »
I am personally here to find a keyboard that I can settle down with, get two for both home and work be happy ;D

Hehe, that's the reason I came here... a couple years and ~30 keyboards ago.

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 04:44:00 »

Absolutely if you can get both. I have one at home and the other (HHKB) that I now use at work.
I went for the black HHKB even though I prefer the white. Reason being I knew one day I will want to buy replacement key caps and I can get the white-grey replacement key caps which really looked sexy on a black base. There are many photos on this so you can take a look. I don't think black key caps looked good on white base.

Is it reasonable? No.  :-[

Is it necessary? Only if you want to be awesome.   :thumb:

Think of the key swapping possibilities for the board you're actively using.  : :eek:

Get both - Poker for the week and HHKB for Sunday best :)

I just needed some more encouragement  ;D poker white and hhkb black it is  :p

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:04:37 »
Just received my HHKB a day earlier than expected. Initial impressions:

Coming from MX Brown switches, this thing feels like a dream! It's like a buttery smooth brown switch. I know they're lighter as far as Topre switches go, but I feel like the initial depress feels a tad bit heavier than brown switches, making each keystroke feel a little more solid.

I'm loving the layout! It all feels very natural aside from the occasional string of ````` or \\\\\\ when I make a mistake, but the Backspace key location is starting to feel more and more right. I'm noticing increased accuracy with U and Y as well - I just taught myself to touch type this summer and would still mistakenly hit U when I was reaching for Y probably 30% of the time. On this board they feel like they're just in the right spot! My only qualm at the moment is that Fn + Del is a pain in the ass to hit. Wish it were Fn+ Backspace like on my Poker 2.

It took me a few minutes and a little Googling to figure out why the Winkeys weren't working - anyone know why you have to be in "Lite" mode to get them to work? Seems odd!

Anyway, I'm loving the feel and sound of these Topre keys! Now to hunt down a set of white/gray keycaps and a red Esc  :thumb:

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #267 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:25:30 »
Just received my HHKB a day earlier than expected. Initial impressions:
Amazing coincidence, I actually just got my HHKB in the mail yesterday, and it's amazing. I'm having trouble finding adjectives to properly describe the keyfeel. It's incredible. I actually enjoy just sitting with it on my lap and typing with the keyboard not plugged into anything. It feels so exactly right. :thumb: :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:26:57 »
I actually enjoy just sitting with it on my lap and typing with the keyboard not plugged into anything. It feels so exactly right. :thumb: :thumb:

It is so exciting to see new HHKB users. Now just think if it was 55g!! ;)

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:31:55 »
I actually enjoy just sitting with it on my lap and typing with the keyboard not plugged into anything. It feels so exactly right. :thumb: :thumb:

I did this for a bit before I plugged it in, too....Geek equivalent of talking to yourself? But yeah, feels great! Congrats on your new board!

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:37:02 »
You too! So happy with the purchase.

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:44:36 »
One month after receiving my HHKB has allowed the keys to loosen up a bit and the feel, sound and overall experience is exactly what I was hoping for. I'm hopeful that my new work board (Realforce 87u variable weight, silent) loosens up with a similar feel with a bit more time. I know it won't be the same as the PCB mounted HHKB, but we'll see where it ends up in the key feel department.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Offline Belfong

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:54:12 »
I can attest to that. The HHKB does loosen up or broken in after a week of use and it's not as stiff as when it was brand new.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:56:54 »
Unfortunately I got my HHKB secondhand, so it was already run-in.

Or is that fortunately?

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:58:43 »
Unfortunately I got my HHKB secondhand, so it was already run-in.

Or is that fortunately?

I would venture to say, neither.

Since it gets better with age, all you are missing out on is the growing appreciation of an improving board.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:06:28 »
Actually I am not so sure of that. Because my HHKB is starting to run in, I find it not as stiff as I like and is now wondering if the legendary 55g is true... :p

Or maybe my typing-fu got better..

Or maybe it's just human nature for not satisfied and content with what we have...

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:16:55 »
Or maybe it's just human nature for not satisfied and content with what we have...

this... (probably)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #277 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:18:39 »

this... (probably)

I am happy with what I have.

Now I would like some more so I can be even happier!

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #278 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:46:01 »

this... (probably)

I am happy with what I have.

Now I would like some more so I can be even happier!

Seems you have the happy, but not the content part  ;)

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:31:47 »
You too! So happy with the purchase.

By the way, what color did you choose? I got the dark gray/black, but I'd love to get a red Esc and white/gray keycaps with the black body eventually....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:41:07 »
Topre red Esc, stock ETD Nov-2013.

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:42:52 »

Yeah, I've been checking back there every day to see if they have it yet! That red Esc adds so much character to a board.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:43:30 »

Yeah, I've been checking back there every day to see if they have it yet! That red Esc adds so much character to a board.

I have yellow Esc on mine ;D

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 00:50:28 »

I have yellow Esc on mine ;D

That would look amazing with black caps!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 01:09:33 »
Anyone put the purple from Realforce in their hhkb yet?

Thatd look amazing. but arent they 30g? anyway to use them w 45g ?
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 01:13:22 by dustinhxc »

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #285 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:12:16 »
Show Image

I think BunnyLake has! It's just the stem, so yea you can use it with whatever weight domes that you want...
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:13:05 »
Show Image

I think BunnyLake has! It's just the stem, so yea you can use it with whatever weight domes that you want...

sweet :) Thats what I thought. Just thinking it would be a cool mod.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:33:45 »
Show Image

Not that you'd ever get to see the stems - unless you removed the keycaps.

But you would know they were there ;)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:34:23 »
Show Image

Yeah I know, just like the dental bands. I want to use all purple ones even though only I would know about them haha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:55:03 »
Show Image

Yeah I know, just like the dental bands. I want to use all purple ones even though only I would know about them haha

Hmmm the dental bands make a difference to the feel of the switch, the sliders are just aesthetic.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:14:17 »
Show Image

Hmmm the dental bands make a difference to the feel of the switch, the sliders are just aesthetic.

I think the purple sliders are actually slightly different arent they? I thought they had a thinner piece of plastic at the rail end so that the key-stroke length isn't as affected by the dampening pad. khangarroo posted some pics at one point comparing the two.
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:18:13 »
Show Image

I think the purple sliders are actually slightly different arent they? I thought they had a thinner piece of plastic at the rail end so that the key-stroke length isn't as affected by the dampening pad. khangarroo posted some pics at one point comparing the two.

oh yeah i remember that. so i could actually use these and the pads instead of dental bands then.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:18:23 »
Show Image

Any pictures of these?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:28:43 »
Show Image

Any pictures of these?

Found it, http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45141.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34972.0
Theres how to take it apart so just replace the black stems w the purple.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:30:31 by dustinhxc »

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:54:44 »
what color did you choose?
I got the all white with blank caps, it's lovely

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 04:59:31 »
Do all of these silencing mods just make the keyboard "Type-S Equivalent", or is there some greater advantage beyond the savings? I find the idea tempting, but after shelling out for the keyboard I actually can't imagine trying to take it apart. I'm too much of a novice, if I broke something I would be weeping in a corner. :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 05:01:14 »
Do all of these silencing mods just make the keyboard "Type-S Equivalent", or is there some greater advantage beyond the savings? I find the idea tempting, but after shelling out for the keyboard I actually can't imagine trying to take it apart. I'm too much of a novice, if I broke something I would be weeping in a corner. :thumb:

I havent tried it but supposed to get rid of the upstroke pitch. I also dont want to mess anything up haha

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 05:19:16 »

I havent tried it but supposed to get rid of the upstroke pitch. I also dont want to mess anything up haha
Yeah I've been reading this, the other (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40582) method that gets suggested later in the thread looks amazing. Makes it silent without changing the keyfeel at all.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 05:24:08 »

Yeah I've been reading this, the other (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40582) method that gets suggested later in the thread looks amazing. Makes it silent without changing the keyfeel at all.

yeah those look nice, look like the rubber rings that come w the silent model.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 17:10:07 »
Show Image

Any pictures of these?

Found it, http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45141.0

Theres how to take it apart so just replace the black stems w the purple.

Curious.  I'll have to remember that if I ever want to dissect my HHKB.