Author Topic: Satan GH60  (Read 131144 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Satan GH60
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 17:18:15 »
A knockoff with full technical support? LOL.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 19:39:04 »
A knockoff with full technical support? LOL.

Fair, but not actually uncommon.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 13:24:38 »
The fault with my PCB turned out to be a pin of the chip not being soldered to the PCB.

Offline odd

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 18:21:05 »
if you use plate you must use plate mounted stabs, with some exceptions (like the SPRiT acrylic plate) which only are compatible with PCB mounted stabs ;)

Huh? I have 4 60% keyboards, all different plates and all of them have PCB mounted stabs.  Maybe I am missing something.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 20:55:16 »
The fault with my PCB turned out to be a pin of the chip not being soldered to the PCB.

Wow  :))

That attention to quality!
Knockoffs for you.

Offline Abefyren

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 12:38:02 »
So i want to build a 60%, and thought the Satan GH60 would be a good first build.
I would like to use this layout. http://i.imgur.com/wd7sCnO.jpg
The PCB supports ISO with split backspace and spilt right shift, but i can't seem to find a plate, that supports this layout.
Can anyone tell me where i can get a plate for this layout?

Offline Prelim

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 15:53:32 »
SPRiT, LeandreN, etc ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Abefyren

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 01:04:50 »
Those are both GB right?
Do you know of any, that are not GB so i can buy a plate now?
And preferably in the EU, so i can avoid paying tax and import duty.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2016, 01:36:56 by Abefyren »

Offline Murdari0

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 02:50:56 »
I grabbed one of these pcb's off ebay too, haven't chucked in switches yet it but did a quick test and the keys all work. One of the resistors is fairly askew though it looks like it's soldered well enough, just waiting on a plate. Have the og i think which has satan.com.ch on the front, also purchased an aluminium case from the same ebay store and it's pretty nice for the price, the anodizing is consistent across the whole case, two of the mounting hole standoffs have a tiny bit of anodizing missing, probably where they had the case hooked but these are hidden anyway, it also comes with standard aluminium feet in the same colour as well as rubber adhesive ones. So can definitely recommend if you're looking for a poker style case. Also strangely the ebay seller i bought these off no longer appears on aus ebay.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 06:49:55 »
I just put a board together with one these PCBs, the version with www.satan.com.cn on it. I did not test all of the pads before assembly and ended up discovering a single bad pad under the backspace switch. It was disappointing to have to jumper a brand new PCB.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 15:32:31 »
Lol, its terrible how many of these are so ****ty.
what a bummer  :)) :(

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 17:24:34 »
Not only do you get what you pay for, but you get where you buy it as well, though that doesn't sound as good.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 18:16:54 »
Not only do you get what you pay for, but you get where you buy it as well, though that doesn't sound as good.

absolutely.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 12:32:00 »
I noticed there is a button on the underneath of this board...are there already LEDS installled?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 12:45:20 »
I noticed there is a button on the underneath of this board...are there already LEDS installled?

The button is for putting the pcb into boot mode. basically telling to to open itself to reprogramming

it does not have leds on it.  it has diodes and resistors however.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 12:50:10 »

The button is for putting the pcb into boot mode. basically telling to to open itself to reprogramming

So I just have to solder the less in that's all?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 13:01:08 »

So I just have to solder the less in that's all?

You just solder in the leds, and turn them on with whatever the keyboard is programmed to turn them on with.

I made my layout fn + z, fn+ x, fn + c, and fn + b as my binds for backlighting.

its important to get the led polarity right, they will only turn on if you put them in the right way.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 09:05:06 »
ok so I skrewed up and dropped my pcb. The usb connector fell off. I saved it by soldering the pads directly to the usb hub. The keyboard works with the normal firmware, but when I try to reflash it the button disconnects the board from the computer, but the bootloader does not run. Any suggestions?

How did you fix this? My USB connector just came completely off while unplugging the cable. Took two pads with it.

I'm assuming you wired it to the breakout pins by the spacebar? I can't seem to find pinouts for that, other than the ones for RGB.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 09:12:19 »
So i want to build a 60%, and thought the Satan GH60 would be a good first build.
I would like to use this layout. http://i.imgur.com/wd7sCnO.jpg
The PCB supports ISO with split backspace and spilt right shift, but i can't seem to find a plate, that supports this layout.
Can anyone tell me where i can get a plate for this layout?

Leandren has universal plates that support that layout.

Offline yangdigi

« Reply #219 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 19:33:28 »

Offline vamdolly

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 07:14:21 »
Hi im  thinking of geting one of the Satan GH60 for my first build but not sure if i should just make a lay out of just wires switches and a teensy as the Satan GH60 comes to over 200$ with tax and im still missing the stabilizers and back plate im having trouble finding a place to buy stabilizers  for cheep i live in canada on ebay i only find 1 stabilizers  for 10$ and 5S shipping witch i find expensive compared to anything els for this build also see that the Satan GH60 can have some trouble setting up the firm ware did anyone find that to be to difficult as some on here said that even after flashing they didn't have a working FN button.

so any help on were to get stabilizers or ideas witch would be better for a project Satan GH60 or custom with a teensy 2.0 would be appreciated thanks

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 07:27:27 »
Hi im  thinking of geting one of the Satan GH60 for my first build but not sure if i should just make a lay out of just wires switches and a teensy as the Satan GH60 comes to over 200$ with tax and im still missing the stabilizers and back plate im having trouble finding a place to buy stabilizers  for cheep i live in canada on ebay i only find 1 stabilizers  for 10$ and 5S shipping witch i find expensive compared to anything els for this build also see that the Satan GH60 can have some trouble setting up the firm ware did anyone find that to be to difficult as some on here said that even after flashing they didn't have a working FN button.

so any help on were to get stabilizers or ideas witch would be better for a project Satan GH60 or custom with a teensy 2.0 would be appreciated thanks

This fork of the GH60 has been reported with issues mainly related with the reliability of the USB port soldering that is critical for a keyboard with detachable cable. I am not sure to understand why this PCB could cost you that much if it is around $35 USD at ebay. You could consider the GH60 that is sold by techkeys as an alternative. The direct wiring is a good option too. I am considering to make my own layout with a plate I made using the cool Swill's tool and I would get a Teensy 2 for cheap at ebay, everything with diodes and wires should cost under $40 USD and it is as flexible as I can get my plate. One of the possible layouts is bellow:

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 09:14:17 »

This fork of the GH60 has been reported with issues mainly related with the reliability of the USB port soldering that is critical for a keyboard with detachable cable. I am not sure to understand why this PCB could cost you that much if it is around $35 USD at ebay. You could consider the GH60 that is sold by techkeys as an alternative. The direct wiring is a good option too. I am considering to make my own layout with a plate I made using the cool Swill's tool and I would get a Teensy 2 for cheap at ebay, everything with diodes and wires should cost under $40 USD and it is as flexible as I can get my plate. One of the possible layouts is bellow:

Show Image

cool layout. i make a friction teensy2 and ++ mount and plates. let me know if you need anything. best of luck on the project. i always love seeing new layouts :)
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 09:20:32 »

Show Image

cool layout. i make a friction teensy2 and ++ mount and plates. let me know if you need anything. best of luck on the project. i always love seeing new layouts :)

Could you please elaborate on that? it may be interesting, and thank you for your feedback on the layout.

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 09:23:35 »

Show Image

Could you please elaborate on that? it may be interesting, and thank you for your feedback on the layout.

i'll PM you as to not overly hijack the thread  ;D
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline vamdolly

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 14:47:44 »

Show Image

i'll PM you as to not overly hijack the thread  ;D

To you statment on how much it would come to its cuz i added Satan GH60. plate. led. gateron green. and  a cable  and it was already 180 before  tax with no case bottom or stabilizers, but as u stated the wire method is cheaper that's y i was thinking of a teensy 2.0 gateron green and just the led then this way i can make my own plate. as for the diodes i already have them just need to get some more resistors.

as with more problems i see people taking of the Satan GH60 seems like may be a bad idea to order it all and find out owell.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 14:49:20 by vamdolly »

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 17:35:13 »
Does the satan gh60 support alps switches?!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 17:59:35 »
Does the satan gh60 support alps switches?!

No

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 19:50:30 »
What pcb allows for alps?

Offline SoReckless

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 14:25:11 »
Hi everyone,

I am going to build my first ever mechanical keyboard, and I think I am going for the Satan PCB with Gateron Switches.
will this PCB allow for an easy first time experience and does it support LED's? also, what kind of LED's should I get?
at the moment thinking about just buying this package;
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Customized-KC60-60-Kit-Plastic-Case-Switches-Plate-Led-Stabilizers-for-60-Standard-ANSI-Mechanical-Keyboard/32629156371.html
it says they don't have the Satan PCB's, but the KC60 PCB's. however, they note that these should work exactly the same.
does anyone have experience with the KC60 PCB's?

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #230 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 14:35:24 »
Hi everyone,

I am going to build my first ever mechanical keyboard, and I think I am going for the Satan PCB with Gateron Switches.
will this PCB allow for an easy first time experience and does it support LED's? also, what kind of LED's should I get?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Customized-KC60-60-Kit-Plastic-Case-Switches-Plate-Led-Stabilizers-for-60-Standard-ANSI-Mechanical-Keyboard/32629156371.html
it says they don't have the Satan PCB's, but the KC60 PCB's. however, they note that these should work exactly the same.
Both should allow for leds and should be an easy entry to customs.  These boards have had random issues here and there but nothing a return wouldn't fix.  My board was perfectly fine when I got it.

2x3x4 leds are what I use.  Just grab those from Ali if you're getting that package

Sent from my local payphone

Offline SoReckless

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 16:47:29 »
Hi everyone,

Both should allow for leds and should be an easy entry to customs.  These boards have had random issues here and there but nothing a return wouldn't fix.  My board was perfectly fine when I got it.

2x3x4 leds are what I use.  Just grab those from Ali if you're getting that package

thanks, the package actually includes LED's, so I will just go with those. now to choose between white and green LED's. planning to do a dark grey case, with light grey keys and dark green modifiers. might put in a red ESC button.
well, going of track now.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #232 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 16:56:32 »
Hi everyone,

thanks, the package actually includes LED's, so I will just go with those. now to choose between white and green LED's. planning to do a dark grey case, with light grey keys and dark green modifiers. might put in a red ESC button.

I would definitely recommend white leds. greens suck imo. not very bright.

Offline SoReckless

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 04:20:32 »
Hi everyone,

thanks for confirming, I was mainly thinking about white because I don't feel like resoldering everything when wanting to change the color-theme of my keyboard.  :-\

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 26 June 2016, 07:26:43 »
Hi everyone,

thanks for confirming, I was mainly thinking about white because I don't feel like resoldering everything when wanting to change the color-theme of my keyboard.  :-\
There are always sip sockets.  You solder once and can hot swap leds in and out.   If you do want green, I'd recommend cyan, as they are alot brighter

Offline SoReckless

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 07:48:31 »
I ordered the set sunday, and the seller says it will probably arive within 15 days. hope it does. can't wait. I now have found a buyer for my current keyboard. so I'll have to survive for 2 weeks on  non- mechanical. :(

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 10:02:34 »
What leds do I need to use to make it glow underneath?!

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:06:12 »

assuming you got the version that has pads on the bottom

pick one, dont use both or they will be dim

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 13:09:30 »

Show Image

Can I do and a underneath and still have leds going to the switch?

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 14:35:28 »
I'd like to know this too. I have a second satan kit coming with a clear case, would be cool to light that up too.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 14:37:26 »
I'd like to know this too. I have a second satan kit coming with a clear case, would be cool to light that up too.
That's what I'm hoping to do with mine, I want purple smd leds underneath and I would like white I believe 3mm leds to light up the caps!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:21:42 »
I just want share the last version of my upcoming hand wired key board, just because it is a lot more fun to hand wire my board and it has full flexibility for my very own custom layout. LEDs? Well, I do believe that lights belong in x-mas trees and traffic lights, not on keyboards, but that it just me, LOL.

(Not hijacking the thread, it is only that I shared a previous version before, and some shown interest).
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 15:24:11 by ideus »

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:13:11 »

Show Image

Like I said in my post, if you use both they will be dim, or may not even work at all.

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 18:59:53 »

Show Image

Like I said in my post, if you use both they will be dim, or may not even work at all.
So you can one have one or the other ?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 16:50:12 »

Show Image

DUDE? YES for the love of god

Offline cpeterson19

• Curis Computers
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 30 June 2016, 16:50:49 »

Show Image

Calm down just asking

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 10:15:27 »

Lol.

You can also wire in a rgb strip as a third alternative.  Allows you to control it with a remote.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #247 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 10:49:27 »
Or just install a ****ing desk lamp like an adult...

Offline SoReckless

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 10:02:22 »
Or just install a ****ing desk lamp like an adult...

you don't get it...
the keyboard IS the desklamp.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 10:29:46 »
Then what's the screen for?