Author Topic: Seeking SteelPad 5L (or similar)  (Read 3054 times)

Offline divito

Seeking SteelPad 5L (or similar)
« on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 12:06:21 »
This is a huge shot in the dark but I figured I would try anyways.

I had been a competitive gamer since 1999, so I had been around the block between cloth and hard pads when Steelseries released the SteelPad 5L (if I recall, it was 2006), and I was somewhat eager to give this new approach a try. I have never regretted my purchase, and the 5L is a great blend of softness and firmness and I haven't seen anything like it since.

Now, I've had my 5L since it came out, so it's been going strong for 8 years, and it still has a lot of life left in it. But I'm trying to seek other ways of acquiring a few of them for future purposes. Kind of the same reason I've purchased a few extra IE 3.0s after they started making them again, because my previous one died right after they stopped making them, and going through the hell of using inferior mice again just doesn't tickle my fancy.

I've already been scouring eBay from time to time, and I've already contacted Steelseries who informed me that they have no reserves or any random 5Ls lying around anywhere. So I pose to this forum, if you have a 5L that didn't float your boat, or know someone who has one, I'd be super interested in attaining one.

And on the flip side, I haven't kept up with every single new mousepad on the market, so if something else has come out with similar properties, I'd be interested in knowing about it.

Thanks.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Seeking SteelPad 5L (or similar)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 12:22:51 »
I tried locating some a while back, I also love the 5L to bits and nothing I've tried since has been anything like it. No luck unfortunately, and I don't dare use my 5L much since it's getting fairly worn now :/

Offline dmbr

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 17:31:59 »
I have one in mint condition that I'd part with.

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 19:57:37 »
The first thing comes up in my mind is Steelseries 5L, but still no longer available.
I guess try like Roccat or artisan shiden, they have similar material, but I don't have a chance touch/use in real life, so it's hard to tell.
I'm a hard-pad guy, I'm sorry, can't help much :(

Offline divito

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 17:54:41 »
Bump.

Offline divito

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:16:06 »
Bump~~

Offline divito

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 20:14:09 »
Ancient bump. I'm desperate.