Author Topic: Has anyone used these Logitech mice? Help me choose!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Has anyone used these Logitech mice? Help me choose!
« on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 10:25:32 »
I have my choice down between the ones below. I mostly play RPG, FPS, and RTS style games but I play a little bit of everything. I'm thinking about getting a wireless mouse as it would be better for mobile gaming but it's not a requirement. Price is not a factor.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Tiramisuu

Re: Has anyone used these Logitech mice? Help me choose!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:44:12 »
The 700s is an absolutely awesome work mouse.
You might also want to have a look at the MX Master.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 11:53:34 »
I have loved Logitech mice for their Ergos.

I have had an MX518, Two G5's, a G9x (hated... too small for me), and now a G500. They've all been great.

That being said, I'm kind of a review nut, and from all the rave I've been reading I ordered a Mionix Avior 7000. At under $50 shipped off masdrop I think it's well worth a test. Note the ergos of the right side of the mouse. The optical sensor is supposed to be one of the best on the market for accuracy when on a good mousing surface.

I can let you know a side by side to the g500 when I eventually get it (was in the last one so expected end of month... we'll see). If I wasn't getting that, I would be going for the G502.

Offline jsbradley7

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:08:50 »
I've tried the G502 and the G600.  I use a palm grip and tend to pull the mouse into the base of my palm and both of these mice have edges that cause discomfort over time. The G502 has an issue where the right click sticks to your finger on release, then snaps back in place with a plastic sound.  The other buttons on the G502 had great response.  The side buttons on the G600 are easy to hit the correct button but felt off to me with a mushy feel. I tested the feel of the G700 at the store and I'd purchase a wired version.

@ greath:  I have a Mionix Naos 7000 which has the same sensor as the Avior 7000 and I've found the Steelseries xHD mats to be a great match for the mouse.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:13:20 by jsbradley7 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:15:27 »
Vote for the Proteus Core (G502).

I have the MX 518 at work and the G502 at home and I love them both. I'd have to say the latter is my favorite because it has the best of everything (enough buttons without being crowded, infinite scroll wheel, amazing ergonomics, braided cable, weights, and a flashy blue light without being too bright) and is my ultimate mouse. I prefer the clicky scroll wheel on the MX 518 more than the G502, but that's about it.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 12:36:19 »
I was a g9 user for many years. After getting advice on here, I went with the g502. I love me a heavy mouse, and after just 1 day I was already comfy with the grip. I don't game much anymore so I guess I could have gone wireless, but I just couldn't pull myself away from the cord.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 13:11:56 »
Thanks for all of the helpful replies everyone. At this point I think I have it down between the G700s and the G502. Now I'll have to decide between wired and wireless I think.  :thumb:
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 14:59:14 »
I have the G502, G602, G600, Performance MX, and MX Master. For gaming, I'd have to hand it to the G502, hands down. Although if you must go wireless, the G602 in performance mode is fantastic, as are its ergonomics. The Performance MX and MX Master I would not suggest for gaming, although for work tasks the MX Master can't be beat. The G600 really only excels at MMOs, I haven't really used it for much else (although it will probably be my new recording/DAW mouse once my G500 dies).

Offline Stargorn

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:02:49 »
I recently bought the g502 and I love the feel of it. Seems very sturdy. Not as sturdy as my Microsoft intellimouse that I bought with my first PC in 2001 and used until I bought the g502, but good enough to last a few years.

1987 IBM Model M (1391401),  Apple M0110A (Mitsumi Type 1),  Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard (White Monterey),  Ducky Mini YoTH (MX Reds),  Ducky Zero TKL (MX Blues)

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 11:59:32 »
G600, G700 and G602 here (soon G502 too).

If wireless is not a requirement, think on buying the G402 or G502 due to better sensor, ergonomics and no battery hassle.

If you REALLY do need to go wireless, go with the G602.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 04 June 2015, 12:05:21 »
I hear nothing but good things about the G502.  :cool:
It's aslo the cheapest   :thumb:

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 17:05:38 »
I hear nothing but good things about the G502.  :cool:
It's aslo the cheapest   :thumb:

If you like heavy stuff, g502 is the best mouse you can have.
I used it with all the weights in, it feels fantastic.
But the mouse itself is pretty heavy so if are against heavy mouse, dont get it.

Offline MikiDora

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 19:33:17 »
I have the G700s and I absolutely love it. I use if for work and gaming (SC2 and Insurgency). I can't tell you about the others because I haven't tried them but as for the G700s I am 100% satisfied. I had read some bad stuff about how terrible wireless mice and laser sensors were for gaming but I haven't had any problem whatsoever. The battery might be the only downside but it's not a problem for my use.

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:29:02 »
I have the G700s. It's comfortable and has the right amount of buttons for me. It's wireless so that's nice as well. I've heard good things about the G600. Although, when I had it, there was an issue of cursor jump (cursor jumps up or down randomly). I believe it was fixed.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:38:48 »
G502 is great.

Though my sensor flat out just gone potato 1 day I still believe its the best mouse.
Anyway, people say that Logitech has great customer support.
However, if you happen to live in the SEA region, they will still ask for the receipt before the RMA.
I happen to lost mine, so I'm salty with them.
FaceW in LZ-CE