Author Topic: ASETNIOP Extension for Chrome  (Read 2026 times)

Offline ASETNIOP

• ASETNIOP
ASETNIOP Extension for Chrome
« on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 18:03:50 »
I put together a chrome extension for anyone who wants to practice ASETNIOP in advance of the Haptix launch.  Here's the link: http://goo.gl/AIfwUG

What the hell is ASETNIOP?  Basically, it's a keyboard replacement system that only uses ten input points.  You can read more about it here: asetniop.com

What is Haptix? It's a gesture recognition system, much like the LEAP, except that it works on flat surfaces, not just floating in the air.

What's the point? The basic idea is to make it possible to type at a high rate of speed (my personal max is over 100 wpm) on ANY flat surface without having to rely on disambiguation, predictive texting, or an aggressive autocorrect.  This extension makes it easy to practice the system without having to make a major commitment.

Enjoy!

P.S. Of course I typed this up using ASETNIOP!

Offline Findecanor

Re: ASETNIOP Extension for Chrome
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 04:21:15 »
"Haptics" is an established term within the human-machine interaction community for using force-feedback to provide the user with sensation. A modern example is haptic touch keyboards for touchscreen tablets and phones - that vibrate on key actuation.
Back in '99 I worked with a haptic hardware device called a "Phantom" made by SensAble, which linked a 3D pointing device to a robotic arm, giving the user ability to feel and interfact virtual objects with the application. The user could feel the objects through force-feedback -- the motors in the arm's joints provided force in direct proportion to the force expended by the user.

You should consider using another brand name for your product than a generic term that is already established. Especially, if your product does not provide haptics.
Reusing the word for something might piss off an established company within real haptics immensely.
I recommend that you change your brand name before the first lawsuit drops in.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2013, 04:30:07 by Findecanor »

Offline ASETNIOP

• ASETNIOP
Re: ASETNIOP Extension for Chrome
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 15:12:08 »
Haptix isn't my product - I'm only the ASETNIOP developer, so I don't have any control over that, unfortunately.  Hopefully it doesn't become a problem for them!