Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 456843 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - moving to production
« Reply #650 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 20:19:01 »
dang, bunny is making me want to pick up a realforce with all the support ctrlalt and bro (plus all the other artisans) put towards topre stuff.

the 55g tkl is really calling my name but the budget isn't giving me any room  :(
Step 1. Sell all worldly possessions
Step 2. ? ? ? ?
Step 3. Buy 55 topre and live a peaceful life.
strongly considering this

unfortunately, i didn't pick up the sliders with my order so i wouldn't be getting the sweet extra anyway.
Bunny confirmed that the sliders will be sold a little later at a cheaper price. So it's all good on that front.

Or someone might sell their slider set...

GIVE IN TO THE TOPRE GODS.

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #651 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 20:39:07 »
dang, bunny is making me want to pick up a realforce with all the support ctrlalt and bro (plus all the other artisans) put towards topre stuff.

the 55g tkl is really calling my name but the budget isn't giving me any room  :(
Step 2. ? ? ? ?

unfortunately, i didn't pick up the sliders with my order so i wouldn't be getting the sweet extra anyway.
Bunny confirmed that the sliders will be sold a little later at a cheaper price. So it's all good on that front.

true, but i don't think he mentioned anything about including the topre spacebars with those. it is still very tempting though

Offline Bomble

« Reply #652 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:27:27 »

Step 2. ? ? ? ?

true, but i don't think he mentioned anything about including the topre spacebars with those. it is still very tempting though

Still 100% worth it.

The journey ends with thorpie always, every other board is just delaying the inevitable.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #653 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:49:09 »
I haven't been this exited to get something in the mail for a while. This set is going to look great great on an HHKB... My goal end game board is getting closer...

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #654 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 04:09:48 »
Good job Bunny and JTK. Pure joy for all of those who ordered the sliders :).

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #655 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:01:10 »

Step 2. ? ? ? ?

Still 100% worth it.

The journey ends with thorpie always, every other board is just delaying the inevitable.

I already have my end game board though, my Phantom with an ANSI layout but 7-bit bottom row (it took lots of dremeling but I made it work). :) I don't think I will be getting that from a Realforce anytime soon unfortunately. Every other keyboard I have/get is just extra, but I love having nice extras.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #656 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:27:17 »
hey guys

it is with great pleasure i can finally share with you the big surprise i mentioned for people who ordered sliders

totally free of charge with every set

you will also get a 6x cherry profile topre spacebar

so your sets will match perfectly, we will be making them in colours to match every set

here you go

Show Image

*drops the mic

ps, these are just preproduction test samples so ignore the quality and pic, they are being worked on and improved, but we have them working so im finally happy to announce it without worrying we will let people down if they didnt work
Hard as a rock boys!!! Well done JTK and CtrlAlt
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Bomble

« Reply #657 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:59:29 »
I already have my end game board though

You keep telling yourself that ;)

Offline aicrono

• A Touching Experience
« Reply #658 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 09:11:15 »
I already have my end game board though

You keep telling yourself that ;)
Normally I would agree(as I have gone through many keyboards looking for the one), but outside of not having a complete key cap set(which is in production right now) I can't find a flaw in it, it just fits me so well. Not saying I'm not going to get another board and to be honest it probably will be a realforce tkl when I do, but I know it (probably) won't be a replacement for my daily driver.

Offline Vizir

« Reply #659 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 12:49:48 »
end game board? buckling spring over pcb in atreus form factor.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #660 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:33:51 »
Hey, bunny. I was wondering, how difficult/cost effective would it be to produce topre compatibility spacebars  for some of the past popular keysets? Would producing a few colour matched of some older keysets be too much?

So say, someone wanted get a spacebar that matches older but popular sets, such as Hyperfuse, Miami, ect...

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #661 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:40:55 »

Hey, bunny. I was wondering, how difficult/cost effective would it be to produce topre compatibility spacebars  for some of the past popular keysets? Would producing a few colour matched of some older keysets be too much?

So say, someone wanted get a spacebar that matches older but popular sets, such as Hyperfuse, Miami, ect...

Yes!!!

I would love that. Was thinking about that the other day.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #662 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:53:37 »

Yes!!!

I was thinking about this, too.

Matching hyperfuse, dolch, etc.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #663 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 22:07:15 »

Yes!!!

I was planning on trying to dye one of Matt3o's PBT space bars (... I bought a few) to match HyperFuse, but a nice thick colour matched option would be AMAZING. And we all know Bunny wants a HyperFuse HHKB :D

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #664 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:56:25 »

Yes!!!

I was planning on trying to dye one of Matt3o's PBT space bars (... I bought a few) to match HyperFuse, but a nice thick colour matched option would be AMAZING. And we all know Bunny wants a HyperFuse HHKB :D
I'd rather wait and see if Bunny makes a color matched topre spacebar for the Hyperfuse set than dye one.

Also, I think Matt3o's spacebars aren't cherry profile so the angle will be off.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #665 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:40:08 »
Just discovered I have a deep desire for an HHKB... no chances of adding sliders to an order right? :P

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #666 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 21:53:52 »
Mmmmmm my HHKB is ready for more purple.

103932-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #667 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 22:32:35 »

(Attachment Link)
god that purple stump Joey !!!! Also is that the one off clearish cap bro sent you ? Everything is looking good very good... congrats  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #668 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 22:34:14 »

(Attachment Link)
god that purple stump Joey !!!! Also is that the one off clearish cap bro sent you ? Everything is looking good very good... congrats  :thumb:
Yeah it's the faded grape ape set AKA bae. :-* I love the set. 
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline skaloola

« Reply #669 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:43:29 »
Really awesome news on the spacebars.  Thanks Bunnylake.

Question on the sliders, to install them will it just be a matter of snapping them onto the stem?  (like installing a keycap)

Or do we need to remove the slider from our Topre board and install the new one?  I think this is how the Novatouch mod works -- haven't tried it yet.

hope that made sense.  i'm wondering because i don't see a way to remove the slider on my hhkb w/o taking it apart.  haven't looked on my realforce yet.

edit: i'm also kind of confused on the difference between a slider and a stem.  they're the same thing, right?
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:47:29 by skaloola »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #670 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 06:46:39 »
Really awesome news on the spacebars.  Thanks Bunnylake.

Question on the sliders, to install them will it just be a matter of snapping them onto the stem?  (like installing a keycap)

Or do we need to remove the slider from our Topre board and install the new one?  I think this is how the Novatouch mod works -- haven't tried it yet.

hope that made sense.  i'm wondering because i don't see a way to remove the slider on my hhkb w/o taking it apart.  haven't looked on my realforce yet.

You have to take the board apart to change the sliders. No other way to do it.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #671 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 10:29:12 »
And taking apart an HHKB is super easy as long as you are careful when removing the PCB, those ****ing springs and rubber caps are a PITA. But swapping sliders is easy, just popout with the back of s screwdriver and pop back in and done

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #672 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 11:04:15 »
And taking apart an HHKB is super easy as long as you are careful when removing the PCB, those ****ing springs and rubber caps are a PITA. But swapping sliders is easy, just popout with the back of s screwdriver and pop back in and done
Getting the case of my HHKB to close properly and not bulge on one side or another was a *****... Maybe that's not the case for everybody though...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 11:05:31 »

Getting the case of my HHKB to close properly and not bulge on one side or another was a *****... Maybe that's not the case for everybody though...
It was like that for me as well, but between my HHKB, RF87, Dolch case, and cherry cases, I like to think of myself an expert at those ridges and grooves

Offline Vizir

« Reply #674 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 12:33:31 »
I had no issues when I swapped the cup rubber to 55g on my hhkb.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #675 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 17:14:47 »

yeah it couldnt be easier, all you need is a small philips head screwdriver and you can completely strip those boards down, id be shocked if anyone had any issues at all transferring out the sliders

that being said, having opened them up a lot, i have come up with a couple of tricks when just changing over sliders without having to interfere with the springs and domes

sometime before this buy drops ill strip one apart and take a few picks of some simple tricks i have to make the process as stressless as possible
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #676 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 17:28:23 »

yeah it couldnt be easier, all you need is a small philips head screwdriver and you can completely strip those boards down, id be shocked if anyone had any issues at all transferring out the sliders

that being said, having opened them up a lot, i have come up with a couple of tricks when just changing over sliders without having to interfere with the springs and domes

sometime before this buy drops ill strip one apart and take a few picks of some simple tricks i have to make the process as stressless as possible
that would be awesome bunny as I have not taken apart any of my Topre boards  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:15:49 »

That would be awesome.  Thanks Bunny.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #678 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 02:42:37 »

that would be awesome bunny as I have not taken apart any of my Topre boards  :thumb:
Topre board are easier than MX boards as you don't need to desolder anything.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline JohnWick

« Reply #679 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 06:54:32 »
Looking 4ward to seeing the real-life product

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #680 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 07:01:54 »

(Attachment Link)
Yeah it's the faded grape ape set AKA bae. :-* I love the set.
Bro is so awesome sending you an almost unicorn esque(minus the glitter) surprise one off. Very unique very sexy and ALL Joey   :))

Offline Battou62

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:25:01 »
Was there ever an update on the windowed F-row caps?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #682 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:28:18 »
Was there ever an update on the windowed F-row caps?

yeah i have bought several hundred of them, and they will be for sale on ctrl alt when they arrive

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 19:56:33 »
Any updates?

(Maybe I'm being way to exited for this set for my own good...)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #684 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 11:13:16 »
Still looking for a buyer for my order.. http://imgur.com/fOVAVRQ thanks.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #685 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 15:05:29 »
I need some of these sliders.
My current slider is lonely.

HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #686 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:36:47 »

Step 2. ? ? ? ?

Still 100% worth it.

Disagree, strongly.... Some of us hate bottoming out and the Alps/Matias folks might as well be anti-thorpie in terms of mech feel. I had an extended trial of someone's Leopold FC660 topre and I couldnt stand how far I had the press the key down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #687 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 14:38:35 »
Disagree, strongly.... Some of us hate bottoming out and the Alps/Matias folks might as well be anti-thorpie in terms of mech feel. I had an extended trial of someone's Leopold FC660 topre and I couldnt stand how far I had the press the key down.

I hated Topre until I tried out the HHKB.  Only Topre I like.  Also, I love Alps, dislike Matias Alps.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:21:27 »
if anyone doesn't want their order ill take it =3

Offline Vizir

« Reply #689 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:25:43 »

if anyone doesn't want their order ill take it =3

Still looking for a buyer for my order.. http://imgur.com/fOVAVRQ thanks.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #690 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 23:15:24 »
Regretfully I must back out of this buy.. One of my tires has a gash in the wall so its really unsafe to drive.. I am getting new tires tomorrow but in order to cover some of the costs I need to sell some keyboard stuff...

My order consists of one purple & white set w/ sliders, one purple on white mod set, one white on black set, and an extra pair of purple space bars. The order has shipping to the CONUS.

I am selling this at cost ($167) via paypal. PM if you are interested. Thanks guys and girls.

Order is sold to UsualSuspectXXX!  :thumb: Thanks!

Offline jswill

« Reply #691 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:43:28 »
I would absolutely love to buy the purple set off of someone. Anyone looking to cancel, PM me  ;)

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #692 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:36:10 »
Kind of regret not adding the sliders to my order at this point. I know there will possibly be some for sell later on but if anyone wants to part with theirs let me know please.  :-\
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #693 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:36:44 »
quick update

things are coming on well, a few slight delays as we decided to fix (well improve) 4 keys in the set, including some work on the shifts and windows keys, its added a little time to production, but the end result is worth it

ill have some new pics for people soon

and for anyone who missed out, we will have some limited extras available

we will also have large numbers of a set in a totally different colorway, these werent put up for gb, but will be an in stock item on the ctrl alt store with no lead time

i have also added to the order 200 complete sets of topre sliders and 500 windowed keycaps in various colours to match the sets, these will be available in the store and will ship to us with this gb, i will list just before they arrive, so anyone who wants to add on to an existing order in this buy can do so without having to pay another postage cost

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #694 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:38:52 »
quick update

things are coming on well, a few slight delays as we decided to fix (well improve) 4 keys in the set, including some work on the shifts and windows keys, its added a little time to production, but the end result is worth it

we will also have large numbers of a set in a totally different colorway, these werent put up for gb, but will be an in stock item on the ctrl alt store with no lead time

i have also added to the order 200 complete sets of topre sliders and 500 windowed keycaps in various colours to match the sets, these will be available in the store and will ship to us with this gb, i will list just before they arrive, so anyone who wants to add on to an existing order in this buy can do so without having to pay another postage cost

Woah! Perfect timing with the update! Can't wait to hopefully add some sliders!  :thumb:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #695 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:39:31 »
I will grab some slider, thanks Bunny!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #696 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:40:04 »
Thanks bunny  that's freaking awesome  8)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #697 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:43:03 »
quick update

Yay thats awesome! Now if only I can attain the money for all of this :D  :thumb:  :eek:
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:03:54 »
Great news :)
Looking forward to the next update and seeing the pics of how everything came out

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #699 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:09:18 »
Great news :)
Looking forward to the next update and seeing the pics of how everything came out

me too

ive seen some pics (without the 4 keys we are working on) and things looked great

as soon as i have a complete picture i will share it right away