Author Topic: [IC] GMK Achromatic // BIG UPDATE (bringing this back)  (Read 31993 times)

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
Re: [IC] GMK Achromatic // NEW SURVEY 12.08
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 11:09:32 »
Is this still going somewhere?

Any update?  :D

Offline alisonica

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 09:49:35 »
the color combination feels so negative filmy and unholy, ave satanas, the true soulmate to MAO and PVD Silver brass cases. Hope to see more novelties and more sublegends.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 19:30:46 »
interested.
any update?

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 02:33:14 »
My God, how I have I not seen this until  now? This looks FANTASTIC
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 04:55:12 »
Really want this set, hopefully there is some progress or motivation to still see it through?

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 19:18:15 »
where has this IC been hiding? Probably the first dark set i've actually liked.

Offline zeroisnothing

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 15:03:51 »
where has this IC been hiding? Probably the first dark set i've actually liked.

Agreed, I really dig it.

Offline Yonben

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 02:47:37 »
I like it a lot! Is this still happening? :D

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 09:57:13 »
I like it a lot! Is this still happening? :D
I hope so.

Offline glubazoid

Re: [IC] GMK Achromatic // BIG UPDATE (bringing this back)
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 00:52:03 »
Hi, I updated the OP.

The grays have changed to match SP plastic to physically match better. This is more important to me that throwing gmk a RGB code and hoping we get it right.

Also updated some kits.

Here's a render:

PLEASE FILL THIS OUT
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 01:13:05 by glubazoid »

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 01:04:54 »
It's alive still. Yay!
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 01:17:10 »
Hi! Will the profile be DCS, since you mentioned running it with signature plastics?

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 01:19:06 »
Hi! Will the profile be DCS, since you mentioned running it with signature plastics?

This will be a GMK set, the colors would be matched to SP’s physical plastics since they’re easier for GMK to replicate accurately!

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 01:39:38 »
Thanks for the clarification :D

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 07:25:05 »
Not a huge fan of lighter mods than alphas.

Offline lendflat

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 07:32:31 »
For some reason does not look as good a the initial renders.........i'm out.

Offline duxbridge

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 07:36:57 »
I'm still really interested in this set! Looking forward to the group buy!

Offline Nvmbra

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 08:12:42 »
The darker shades of grey the set was originally going for looked better imo.
I feel like the current colors for the modifiers and legends could be done with standard GMK colors, leaving only the alphas being unique.

What made you go for lighter shades of grey?

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 08:35:01 »
Glad to see this one coming back.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 09:45:37 »
I feel like the current colors for the modifiers and legends could be done with standard GMK colors, leaving only the alphas being unique.

The original set was going to be color matched to hex codes, as the grays were completely custom. But the matching would be incredibly difficult as the grays would be really similar to each other and heavily dependent on the lighting, especially with the dark colors. The alphas and accents are similar shade to the original, only leaving the mods lighter, which differenced it from GMK Nines, made it easier to color match, and gave it a more "gray-scale-y" feel.

I could still be open to darkening the mods, but matching the colors is what I felt was the right thing to do :)

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 10:14:46 »
Yeah a little darker would be better,  really hope it gets made.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline duxbridge

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 15:30:17 »
IMHO making the modifiers darker would make it too similar to the Monochrome Base Bit in GMK Oblivion V2

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 21:46:09 »
love the new colors, but i would like more gsz for the mods and gta for alphas

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 10:31:20 »

Yeah a little darker would be better,  really hope it gets made.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I might be making a poll with the options i originally had (darker mods). I’ll be posting it once I get some renders! Based on the poll, I’ll be moving forward with the colors chosen :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 June 2019, 23:30:45 by glubazoid »

Offline cdaman

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 11:11:48 »
I like this!!!

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 13:31:31 »
Small Update- Updated OP

- Added Mod colored Pipe n' slash and stepped control
- Lightened alphas to a darker gray and matched legends to the light gray accent (still debating on whether or not I like this- as there is less contrast now, but it definitely fits the theme more)
- Added text arrows to base kit

Show Image

Would it be possible to reinstate the ISO UK keys back into the base kit?

I've been keeping an eye on this kit, and was extremely pleased that you were catering for ISO UK users when many other gmk IC/GBs were dropping support.

Cheers!

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 15:59:41 »
Small Update- Updated OP

- Lightened alphas to a darker gray and matched legends to the light gray accent (still debating on whether or not I like this- as there is less contrast now, but it definitely fits the theme more)

Show Image

I've been keeping an eye on this kit, and was extremely pleased that you were catering for ISO UK users when many other gmk IC/GBs were dropping support.

Cheers!

This is old, the ISO keys are in the base kit as of right now (in the OP)

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 17:03:16 »
Small Update- Updated OP

Show Image

Cheers!

Forgive my eyes, but I'm unable to locate the 3 keys that are shown above the ISO enter keys (in the quoted picture) within the new renders.

Cheers!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 17:12:00 »
It'd be nice to see this up against some of the other grey sets when you upload high-end renders. Sets like GMK Nines, GMK Oblivion, GMK Modern Dolch for instance. Just for comparison sake.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 12:53:28 »
Small Update- Updated OP

Show Image

Cheers!

Forgive my eyes, but I'm unable to locate the 3 keys that are shown above the ISO enter keys (in the quoted picture) within the new renders.

Cheers!

Oof, totally blew over my head. I've decided to narrow it down and remove those (the numbers), but keep the ISO enter and rshift.

It'd be nice to see this up against some of the other grey sets when you upload high-end renders. Sets like GMK Nines, GMK Oblivion, GMK Modern Dolch for instance. Just for comparison sake.

Will try to!! I'm still looking through RAL codes and Signature plastic chips to 100% hit the grays I want, then I'll move on from there

Offline bit-shifter

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 13:19:50 »
Small Update- Updated OP

Show Image

Cheers!

Cheers!

Oof, totally blew over my head. I've decided to narrow it down and remove those (the numbers), but keep the ISO enter and rshift.

Will try to!! I'm still looking through RAL codes and Signature plastic chips to 100% hit the grays I want, then I'll move on from there
This is your IC and so is obviously your call - but I'd love to know the reason why a partial ISO UK offering is made? Why drop full support for the sake of a few keys.

As mentioned in my first message, I have been looking forward to this IC becoming reality from the get go. Removing keys that are part of the layout makes this an impossibility for me - and that's a real disappointment.

Cheers!

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 14:59:16 »
Small Update- Updated OP

Show Image

Cheers!

Cheers!

This is your IC and so is obviously your call - but I'd love to know the reason why a partial ISO UK offering is made? Why drop full support for the sake of a few keys.

As mentioned in my first message, I have been looking forward to this IC becoming reality from the get go. Removing keys that are part of the layout makes this an impossibility for me - and that's a real disappointment.

Cheers!

I agree 100% with you. But seems to be the latest tendency. So I will have to skip this one too.

I would love to know what other iso users do, i just skip any set that does not cover a full uk iso layout. I am ok paying extra for the nordeuk kit to have it.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 15:49:59 »
Small Update- Updated OP

Show Image

Cheers!

Cheers!

Cheers!

I agree 100% with you. But seems to be the latest tendency. So I will have to skip this one too.

I would love to know what other iso users do, i just skip any set that does not cover a full uk iso layout. I am ok paying extra for the nordeuk kit to have it.

The goal of most kits is to keep the keys as low as possible while maintaining usability. Just like how some kits don't include 1.5u OS keys for mac users (like myself). It sucks, but the board is still usable having access to enough 1.5u keys to fill it out.

I understand the struggle you have with kits not containing the top 3 keys, but three keys add up once these sets are produced. If MOQ is 250, then 250 * 3 = 750 more individual keys that have to be produced.

This is still an IC, and nothing here is final :) If there are enough International users- and according to the form it looks like there are some out there. Then I could talk to my vendor about reintroducing the keys back, or having an entire separate kit specifically for international keyboard layouts.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 21:52:51 »

I might be making a poll with the options i originally had (darker mods). I’ll be posting it once I get some renders! Based on the poll, I’ll be moving forward with the colors chosen :)

I signed up for this set for it's unholiness. but now it's something else entirely. really disappointed and hope it becomes the original. now it's like dolch inverse...

Offline VXQN

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 03:48:16 »
Gotta say that whilst I still like it, the old look was much stronger!

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 01:07:12 »
Did you bail on this a second time... 😕

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 08:14:04 »
Happy to run with this if you make it happen!