Author Topic: What are your hopes for 2022?  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
What are your hopes for 2022?
« on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 07:35:03 »
My hopes are simple:

A fair number of people had a rough time of it in 2021; I hope 2022 will see them right.

Some people had good luck last year; may their good fortune continue.

What are yours?
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 January 2022, 07:38:12 by Stupidface »

Offline Findecanor

Re: What are your hopes for 2022?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 09:44:52 »
For myself: Find a new job. Back in black. Keep the little sanity I have left. That my body won't break.

• That Microsoft repent and stop putting crap in MS-Windows, and instead work on making the system solid and usable.
• That Facebook/Meta files for Chapter 11, and donate the platform to be run by a non-profit foundation that closes down all commercial activity and privacy-invasion.
• That Bitcoin will plummet, drag Etherium with it and that all the crypto-bros go mad and commit suicide.
• That the US, India and China start taking climate change seriously, and we get a global climate-tax on trade with the remaining countries that don't comply with global treaties.
• That Cherry (or someone) will develop a cheap, silent, Cherry MX Clear Low Profile.
• That Putin takes ill, and hands power over Russia to someone who is secretly a decent person.
• That the effing COVID-19 epidemic dies down
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 January 2022, 09:47:43 by Findecanor »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 11:53:09 »
A meteor strike right on my house in the middle of the night should cleanly end my tedious existence along with that of anyone who cares about me so they don't have to suffer. Would be bad for the hundreds of others who live nearby and their families but I'm not that lucky anyway.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 12:58:23 »
• That Putin takes ill, and hands power over Russia to someone who is secretly a decent person.
Now that's a fairy tale. All other hopes of yours are realistic!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 13:17:16 »
A meteor strike right on my house in the middle of the night should cleanly end my tedious existence along with that of anyone who cares about me so they don't have to suffer. Would be bad for the hundreds of others who live nearby and their families but I'm not that lucky anyway.

Micro-meteorite can hit you and give you a sudden stroke, kind of like sniped by god.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 17:49:07 »
I am really tired of being poor and alone. It is getting super old.
I'd like to either have friends again, or not be constantly struggling financially. I'd take one or the other.

Offline SlugHaMR

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 18:52:03 »
I'm hoping for getting a job soon and scoring A's for my education. I'll need plenty of luck and motivation too. Other than that, just more time with the people I care about, family and friends and all that.

I hope yall are having a good new year so far, and you're making sure to take care of yourself. Tonight for me is gonna be a frosty one, so I'll be bundled in blankets.  :)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 14:35:26 »
My hopes/plans:
-Get my mom into assisted living so that she gets better care and so that I have my life back.
-Start selling option spreads as a side hustle.
-Finish my house refinancing (just need a couple documents to complete it).
-Finally set some lifting PRs again (I haven't done that since 2018) and not get injured in the process.
-Read some of the books I've amassed. I have a bad habit of starting lots of books and never finishing them.
-Possibly find a new job. There have been some recent changes that may not pan out, in my opinion, in addition to the rut I've been in for a while now. I'm coming up on ten years at the company.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 19:03:27 »
If Jasmy hits only $3 I'll have made 6 figures. This is it, get in now, or forever (no)hold your peice.
Look at who backs and started Jasmy, read the white pages, see their long-term vision, and if you still doubt- read the white pages again.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 00:05:08 »
nt, ur gambling...

Any purchase is a gamble. At least Jasmy is backed by Sony, the Japanese government, and the dude who invented FeliCa IC (basically Jasmy is Sony's future digital payment currency, still in infancy stages)
Unlike almost every other crypto, Jasmy is not a "project" coin, it is a legitimate company with a long term plan, backed by some of the most influential people in Japanese tech from the last 30 years.

Offline iri

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 12:22:13 »
I learned how to rest quite well this year (just got back from a lovely vacation). The only thing that's left is to finish the renovations and increase my income.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 23:07:55 »
If I really had to hope for something, it would be to get an VC internship in the valley so I don't have to do classes here at Purdue. currently working on resume. will see !

I'm attempting to speed run college, maxing out on credithour + summer class (internship >)

I hope that I do not get depression again. I hope that I do not relapse into addiction
I hope that I am more mature and less annoying to everyone in the keyboard world

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!