geekhack Community > New Members

Welcome new members!

<< < (230/230)

Pyre:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Tue, 21 May 2024, 13:38:31 ---
--- Quote from: Pyre on Tue, 21 May 2024, 07:03:08 ---Howdy from Aus all,

Looking forward to getting deeper into the rabbit hole of mech keyboards after dragging myself away from collecting headphones.  Been actually buying and using mech keyboards for a while now and lurking r/mechanicalkeyboards on reddit, but looking for a place to get more into indepth discussion around boards.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to Geekhack :D

I see you've gone from one rabbit hole to another lol, what keyboards do you have?

--- End quote ---

Yeah - I've seen so many posts where people are showing off their gear, and it's usually a nice pair of cans with a custom keyboard alongside so it was a matter of time before I got sucked into this hobby!

Current boards I'm using are:
Monsgeek M5 with Glorious Fox Fire switches and Ducky pudding caps
Keychron K8, same switches as above but Traitors Infinity caps
Ducky Tinker 65 POM

The wife has a Ducky One 2, but lately has been commenting that she's getting used to the clacky-ness of the Monsgeek so perhaps I'll have an excuse to get a new board for her soon  ^-^

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: Pyre on Wed, 22 May 2024, 06:50:06 ---
--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Tue, 21 May 2024, 13:38:31 ---Welcome to Geekhack :D

I see you've gone from one rabbit hole to another lol, what keyboards do you have?

--- End quote ---

Yeah - I've seen so many posts where people are showing off their gear, and it's usually a nice pair of cans with a custom keyboard alongside so it was a matter of time before I got sucked into this hobby!

Current boards I'm using are:
Monsgeek M5 with Glorious Fox Fire switches and Ducky pudding caps
Keychron K8, same switches as above but Traitors Infinity caps
Ducky Tinker 65 POM

The wife has a Ducky One 2, but lately has been commenting that she's getting used to the clacky-ness of the Monsgeek so perhaps I'll have an excuse to get a new board for her soon  ^-^

--- End quote ---

There is a lot of cool pictures of boards here, love going back to the Post your korean keyboard, some great keyboards in that thread.

Also one thing I've seen from a lot of people in this hobby is that there is always an excuse to buy another lol.

vinnielikeskeebs:
We're not supposed to spend all our money on keebs? I was wondering how so many people hide it from their spouse....

jeffs:
It's been a long time since I've used a Keytronics, so this is all pretty new to me. I've been on a Keychron K3 Pro (low-profile Gateron Browns) for about a year now. Figuring out quiet/silent switches right now and trying to make the time to learn my just-unboxed Moonlander.

I'm potentially interested in orthonormal Planck or CSTC40-like things, but one learning challenge at a time, I think.

On top of it all, I decided to relearn typing as I was only using two fingers and my thumb on my dominant hand.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: jeffs on Wed, 19 June 2024, 23:03:02 ---It's been a long time since I've used a Keytronics, so this is all pretty new to me. I've been on a Keychron K3 Pro (low-profile Gateron Browns) for about a year now. Figuring out quiet/silent switches right now and trying to make the time to learn my just-unboxed Moonlander.

I'm potentially interested in orthonormal Planck or CSTC40-like things, but one learning challenge at a time, I think.

On top of it all, I decided to relearn typing as I was only using two fingers and my thumb on my dominant hand.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to Geekhack :)

I really need to learn how to type properly as well. I'm alright at it, just kinda slow and have a hard time with pressing P specifically, but I am getting better with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version