Author Topic: JD40 unresponsive after firmware flash  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
JD40 unresponsive after firmware flash
« on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:11:09 »
I recently decided to revamp my JD40 layout and used the Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper to make the hex file.

I flashed the hex file over to my JD40 using the teensy loader and now the board is no longer responsive. I tested the teensy by flashing over a couple different led flash programs and it functioned properly so I don't think it's the teensy.  The board was also fully functioning before I reflashed it, so I'm pretty sure it's not any hardware/soldering problems. I'm not too sure what else could be going wrong :S

Any help would be much appreciated.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: JD40 unresponsive after firmware flash
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:21:41 »
Make sure you're using the beta version of Easy AVR.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:28:39 »
I don't suppose you have the .hex you were using before? You could flash it back to a known-working file, that would tell you where your problem might be.

is there a touted "standard" .hex file? If he's overwritten his previous file it would at least prove it was his compiling skill (IE not the right beta version) rather than a suddenly-broken solder joint (which can happen too, of course)

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:32:07 »
Make sure you're using the beta version of Easy AVR.

This was the problem!  Completely fixed my issue! Thanks so much happily typing on my JD40 again  :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX