Author Topic: Margo's Mods  (Read 82288 times)

Offline AGmurdercore

Re: Margo's Mods
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 15:34:29 »
Show Image

I just cut through the traces where indicated above in the orange circles, I then did wire's where I wanted the signal to go

I slipped when I did the first one, top left :P is why my cut is so long, I did that one first though as there was the most amount of space around it for potential slips, that did happen :D
Ah that makes so much more sense now ahah :D

Nice job i really can't wait to see some more of your work ^^
What the hell am I even doing

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 08:56:28 »
Alright there Margo, wondering if you would be able to mod me a stepped caps lock to a center stemmed caps lock?

Cheers!

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 06:14:44 »
Important notice - I am not going to be taking any work on for a few months now - I will get finished what I have and get that sent back to people ASAP - with the exception of beserkerfans stuff that hasn't yet arrived from the otherside of the globe, but I've PM'd him. I've had a rather stressful week which has now culminated in me and my housemates being evicted from our house, due to no fault of our own but the landlady wants her house back to renovate and let out to a family. I have to move out/find a new place and be moved by the end of June, so I imagine the next 8 - 10 weeks are going to be rather stressful and annoying - once I have got a new roof over my head I will open my doors again.

ShreikBob - I will get your dox to you ASAP, I haven't been able to do the work I've wanted to do on yet this week due to being at the agency/working late - I will get it to you probably after the weekend, sorry I've had it 2 weeks now but this is really unfortunate timing, When it's in the post I will let you know but it won't be much longer, all I can do is apologise that I've had it now 2 weeks, but I think you'll get it back before it's been 3 weeks :)

sorry guys - I might have to sell all my wares to raise some money but hopefully it won't come to that.
I got boards.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 06:25:09 »
Can she do that? Just evict you on such short notice?

Good luck Margon, I hope you and your roommate manage to find a place again soon. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 06:36:57 »

Good luck Margon, I hope you and your roommate manage to find a place again soon. :)

Oh I forgot about you! Do you know how long your Orion is going to be? If you get it to me before I move I can still sort that for you prior to moving house.
I got boards.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:01:24 »

Oh I forgot about you! Do you know how long your Orion is going to be? If you get it to me before I move I can still sort that for you prior to moving house.
Tsk tsk :P

I don't know. I should be getting it in a few weeks but I wasn't in the first batch... :(

When parts do start turning up I will contact you. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:09:58 »

Tsk tsk :P

I don't know. I should be getting it in a few weeks but I wasn't in the first batch... :(

When parts do start turning up I will contact you. :)

Nice, I will get your numpad sent back to you next week, and I will hold onto your switches etc. for when the orion comes :)
I got boards.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:44:15 »
very sorry to hear this, Margo!

Somehow I keep thinking of Adrian Mole when I read this. It seemed to be precisely the kind of stuff that kept happening to Adrian, no matter what age he was.  :p
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:55:01 »
That is really ****ed up bro, i wish you good luck in finding a new (and better!) place. Can't wait to see some more pics of your work once you are ready to rock again :D

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:45:09 »
Thanks for all the words brother men.

I might have sorted a new place already - will know by the weekend I think.
I got boards.

Offline ShriekBob

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 11:00:11 »
Hey Margo,

Its no worries, it's done when its done.

I'm sorry to hear about the housing situation.  That's really sucky.  Its happened to me too, and sadly yes, your landlord can just say "oh you've been here ten years and your entire life and livelihood are hear...that's nice...heres your thirty days...get out".

Welcome to housing in the twenty first century, where anyone under 35 without rich parents is F'ed.

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 07:12:10 »
Important notice - I am not going to be taking any work on for a few months now - I will get finished what I have and get that sent back to people ASAP - with the exception of beserkerfans stuff that hasn't yet arrived from the otherside of the globe, but I've PM'd him. I've had a rather stressful week which has now culminated in me and my housemates being evicted from our house, due to no fault of our own but the landlady wants her house back to renovate and let out to a family. I have to move out/find a new place and be moved by the end of June, so I imagine the next 8 - 10 weeks are going to be rather stressful and annoying - once I have got a new roof over my head I will open my doors again.

Sorry to hear of your issues with that landlady, margo: I wish you and your housemates all the best, and as soon as possible!

Hello

The TK Stealth - while it does have the holes for LEDs on the pcb, it doesn't have any hardware on the pcb to support LEDs. I have a TK stealth, so I would need to test if just soldering in a resistor and an LED will make it work. I think it might not, but it's worth a try. I won't have any time to do this until the weekend though I don't think, as I have a couple of projects to get finished and posted and a busy week at work! But I will get it done at teh weekend and let you know :) I did have the pcb out of this board once before to look at this very proposal, but I can't remember what I decided so will have to give it another look.

I prefer solid caps over a backlight, give a sort of under glow that I think is nice.

Even if you can't accept any mod near in future, I'd like to ask you whether you did that try with your TK stealth or not in the last two weeks, and in case whether it was succesful or not.

If it was doable, I can just wait, as time is not that important for my mod, but otherwise I have to look at elsewhere, if that led mod cannot be done on the stealth. 

Thanks for your patience, and best regards!

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 12:48:35 »
Any news, Margo?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 01:22:06 »
Any news, Margo?

Hello - I haven't been able to have a look yet :( My TK is my work keyboard so it's often just in my office - andI have zero free time at the moment as I am packing all my stuff up and I have a few things on with work at the moment. I will try bring my TK back from my office some time this week.
I got boards.

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 08:44:11 »
Hope your situation is brightening up bro! I am new here so just browsing the forum like a good little nerd and came across your thread. Love the work you do, I am sure if I bugger up the stuff I am planning on doing when my Poker II arrives this week I can bring it to you when you are sorted. I am just down the road from Brighton!

Anyway I look forward to more updates in this thread of your work  :thumb:

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 09:13:27 »
yeah, me too, I have lots of my fave stuff with him and it's going to really suck if something gets lost, damaged, or mistakenly modded...

I messaged Margo about something else (three people in Brighton) and I think he's too busy to reply...
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 04:39:59 »
Hello Everyone!

Just a little update - I have sorted my own flat out, I am getting keys next weekend (well, I have keys, but I have had to give them to the people who are laying the carpets) - I have carpets going down all through the flat on wednesday and thursday this week, I have got a fridge, freezer, hob and oven being installed on friday, and I have the internet and TV going in in 2 weeks! So now all I have to do is slowly move all my stuff over :D

I have still been doing some work - I am rebuilding Shreikbob'x ergo dox this week - I broke it, he's being really nice about it, but I fully broke his pcb's due to being an idiot, so I've been waiting for his replacements to arrive from the states, which are currently with our customs I just need to go and pay import duties and pick them up - he won't accept a refund even though I have had his kit I think about 1.5 months, so he's a nice man - I feel bad about it as I've not ever broken anyones anything, but I am sorting it out for him, he just has to be patient :) (which he has been, massively massively patient).

I sorted my bro JaccoW's keycool last week, swapped the plate to a better plate that accepts standard space bar spacings and switch swapping, SIP modded the led switches so the LED switches can still be swapped without any soldering - that is going to be shipped back this week, his Orion is also going to arrive with me this week for buildering.

So I still doing things :) Just haven't had the chance to get any pictures up. I've also been really ill the last two weeks, that's another story, been signed off work - life been dealing me a bit of a crappy hand of late, but, things have been really looking up this week so hopefully that's my bad luck gone now for a while!

Bazerkerfan I will send you my new address for if you want any ebays etc. as I have access to the flat already. i was thinking about you this morning as your box hasn't arrived still - maybe it will in the next week or two, must of been 2 months by now. I haven't read my pm's properly, I will get through them, barely been online so I haven't meant to miss any if I have :)

tl;dr - things are significantly better - just have to physically move all my stuff now :)
I got boards.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 05:01:48 »
Good to hear Margo :)

I was wondering if you were still alive as you haven't  been very active on BT either.
Like I told you there, take your time, I know what a pain moving places can be. I've moved 9 times in my life so far and I haven't even reached 30 yet. :P

I am really looking forward to see what you have done so far and I will be in touch for the final details regarding the Orion. You should have all the parts needed. :)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 05:05:18 »
Good to hear Margo :)

I was wondering if you were still alive as you haven't  been very active on BT either.
Like I told you there, take your time, I know what a pain moving places can be. I've moved 9 times in my life so far and I haven't even reached 30 yet. :P

I am really looking forward to see what you have done so far and I will be in touch for the final details regarding the Orion. You should have all the parts needed. :)

Hasn't arrived yet! Was a public holiday yesterday here in the UK - so will likely turn up today.

I have been very ill last couple of weeks, had to go to the hospital and everything! Though, today I am back at work etc. and no longer dieing :)

I can beat that! This is the 11th time I have moved house - and I am 28 in July! Though, I can't see myself moving from this place for a long time, it's owned by my family, and I've invested a huge amount of time and money over the last few weeks getting it nice and ready. Just physically need to put my stuff into boxes and move it.
I got boards.

Offline ShriekBob

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 11:09:37 »
Dude,

You are cool.  Don't worry about me, just make sure everything is in check with yourself.  A keyboard might be mans second best friend, but it pales in comparison compared to health and hearth.

Bob.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 15:16:53 »
Hope your situation is brightening up bro! I am new here so just browsing the forum like a good little nerd and came across your thread. Love the work you do, I am sure if I bugger up the stuff I am planning on doing when my Poker II arrives this week I can bring it to you when you are sorted. I am just down the road from Brighton!

Anyway I look forward to more updates in this thread of your work  :thumb:

Only just seen this! It's fun that you are so close. Yeah any problems bring it round :D
I got boards.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 13:35:43 »
Glad to hear that things are sorted Margo :)
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 04:04:25 »
Hello - I haven't been able to have a look yet :( My TK is my work keyboard so it's often just in my office - andI have zero free time at the moment as I am packing all my stuff up and I have a few things on with work at the moment. I will try bring my TK back from my office some time this week.

Hi Margo, nice to see your issues are eventually over (or so about)!

Then, have you been able to sort out that try?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 03:07:28 »

Shriekbob's lovely ergodox, finally has left my possession. Thanks Bob for being very understanding I hope you enjoy it.
I got boards.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 03:25:06 »
Show Image

Shriekbob's lovely ergodox, finally has left my possession. Thanks Bob for being very understanding I hope you enjoy it.

This one looks great, i would really like to see it with some transparent caps on top  :eek:

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 15 June 2014, 02:38:26 »
This one looks great, i would really like to see it with some transparent caps on top  :eek:

Make all the things transparent :D

Yesterday I modded some windows:

I put up this curtain pole and these curtains, infront of which is going to go my electronics desk :D It's west facing, so gets all the light in the evenings, which is when I do most of my keyboard work.

This window is in my bathroom, it's the least important of all the blinds I need to hang so I did it first to make sure I can do them and make them look nice. The blind is 100% level, the ceiling is not perpendicular to the window sides, which is why the gap above the blind is not an even rectangle!

I also layed a bunch of vinyl flooring that I didn't take a picture of. Now,  I need to put up 3 more blinds, get my new bed delivered, and my new sofa's delivered and finally then I can move all my stuff! 2 weeks today I will be waking up there :D

Ignore that the garden looks a bit disordered, that's how it was left when I got the place, and I haven't time to sort it before I move in!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 June 2014, 02:48:55 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline ShriekBob

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 06:33:49 »
I'm super super chuffed with the Ergodox, it looks great, I'm just waiting for my Penumbra to go on there, and we'll be good to go.

Thank you Margo, you did a great job.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:13:06 »
I'm super super chuffed with the Ergodox, it looks great, I'm just waiting for my Penumbra to go on there, and we'll be good to go.

Thank you Margo, you did a great job.

Penumbra won't be long :) I know that for true facts. I hope download was awesome!
I got boards.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:46:45 »

Show Image

I put up this curtain pole and these curtains, infront of which is going to go my electronics desk :D It's west facing, so gets all the light in the evenings, which is when I do most of my keyboard work.

Show Image

This window is in my bathroom, it's the least important of all the blinds I need to hang so I did it first to make sure I can do them and make them look nice. The blind is 100% level, the ceiling is not perpendicular to the window sides, which is why the gap above the blind is not an even rectangle!

I also layed a bunch of vinyl flooring that I didn't take a picture of. Now,  I need to put up 3 more blinds, get my new bed delivered, and my new sofa's delivered and finally then I can move all my stuff! 2 weeks today I will be waking up there :D

Ignore that the garden looks a bit disordered, that's how it was left when I got the place, and I haven't time to sort it before I move in!

Margo,

so you're not just good with keyboards; you are good at fixing up your place?

btw I have a proposal for you. Small change...

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 01:42:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Margo,

so you're not just good with keyboards; you are good at fixing up your place?

btw I have a proposal for you. Small change...

Hello Bro,

i've just seen your message - I'm about to go to work but I will get back to you at some point today :)

thanks !
I got boards.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 03:27:36 »
I got a bunch of PM's I need to get back to - probably won't be able to until the weekend I need to get my head down and do some work, got loads of pictures to update the thread with soon though, been doing lots of fun things :) but just want to get them finished to move onto the next load of stuff!

I got boards.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:06:34 »
I got a bunch of PM's I need to get back to - probably won't be able to until the weekend I need to get my head down and do some work, got loads of pictures to update the thread with soon though, been doing lots of fun things :) but just want to get them finished to move onto the next load of stuff!

Hope you can get my stuff done by August!

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 15:49:56 »
JaccoW Orion :)

Really happy with this board it's lovely!

Dont do it this way - they are the wrong way round :)

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:59:46 by margo baggins »
I got boards.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 03:27:20 »
Woohoo! Can't wait Margon! :D
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 06:34:25 »
Can't wait to get my keyboard featured in this thread  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:12:16 »
Can't wait to get my keyboard featured in this thread  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Up next Dustin's GON ISO that I started last night and Bunny's 360c :)
I got boards.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:29:54 »
Well, you've seen it in the Orion TKL thread but here are some follow up pics of the Orion.

Expertly modded and lubed.

Look at how clean that soldering is. ;)

The final effect
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:32:22 »
That...is so damn pretty.  Margo, you're going to be the one putting the jd40 kits together, right?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 05:07:31 »
That...is so damn pretty.  Margo, you're going to be the one putting the jd40 kits together, right?

Yes I am indeed :)

Thanks for the nice pictures JaccoW! One day I will learn to use the semi decent camera I have and stop taking pictures on my iphone (maybe, doubtful hehe)
I got boards.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 05:10:01 »
Awweeesome.  Can't wait to get a Margo-built board.  :thumb:  I have questions but I guess I'll wait until the kits are actually for sale.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 05:28:33 »
Yes I am indeed :)

Thanks for the nice pictures JaccoW! One day I will learn to use the semi decent camera I have and stop taking pictures on my iphone (maybe, doubtful hehe)
It's really all about the lighting. I just bought two of these studio lights, mini tripods, batteries and a charger. And simply shot away. With simply good light you can make really good pictures, even with a cellphone.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:51:09 »
Amazing work, thanks!!!! :thumb:
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 07:54:55 »
Show Image

What tool are you using to check keypresses? Is that the one from EK?

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:31:29 »
Show Image

sure is! much prefer it to aqua-  has different layouts, and is better for finding chatter box switches as it tells you press duration etc
I got boards.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:32:27 »
Amazing work, thanks!!!! :thumb:

I need to pm you RE: shipping costs but I can't remember how much it was and the receipt is at my house - so I will do so later :)
I got boards.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:33:36 »
Show Image

sure is! much prefer it to aqua-  has different layouts, and is better for finding chatter box switches as it tells you press duration etc

So if the switch has chatter, what would that readout look like? I've been using AquaKeyTest and it's been helpful but more information is always a good thing :).

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:55:37 »
Show Image

So if the switch has chatter, what would that readout look like? I've been using AquaKeyTest and it's been helpful but more information is always a good thing :).

So you press the switch one time and release it one time, you get a duration of about 149ms-ish or w/e - if the switch has chatter you would get multiple presses and releases. Some chattery switches I press 5 times, readout is 10+ presses and releases. i haven't ever taken a screen grab of a chattery one - I will next time I see one .
I got boards.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:56:48 »
Cool, thanks for the info :D. I'll have to check that out on my next build.

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 11:00:47 »
Dustin's GON ISO HHKB, part 1 (still need to do the LED)

More up later! then tomorrow going to get the 360c done and out the door.
I got boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 11:15:15 »
Dustin's GON ISO HHKB, part 1 (still need to do the LED)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

More up later! then tomorrow going to get the 360c done and out the door.

:eek:   :-*

Fantastic work brother. I love love love it!