Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB  (Read 67523 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: JTK Sophomore GB
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:26:52 »
Really liking the red/white. Also any hint on what we get if we were apart of the first gb?

You might have missed it but the surprise was topre compatible spacebars (if you ordered it with the topre sliders)  :thumb:

Offline SadisticReap

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:43:18 »
Really? I could have sworn he mentioned that if we were apart of the first gb and the next, we would get something special.

Edit- no idea how to work GH yet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:45:25 by SadisticReap »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 16:58:10 »
Really liking the red/white. Also any hint on what we get if we were apart of the first gb?
a very nice keyset  :p
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 17:03:19 »
a very nice keyset  :p
Mind = Blown

Offline SadisticReap

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 17:07:34 »
Haha, did not see that coming.  :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 18:02:57 »
Quick question...

Will we possibly see a certain SA keyset being run alongside this in the same way Retro ran alongside JTK Debut?  :-X

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:01:13 »
Wow I can't wait for this!! A newbie here hope to get my hands on one of these 2 sets
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 20:35:47 »
Looks good. I'll probably be in for both :thumb:

Offline dutC4

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 22:25:45 »
If only I could tolerate Halloween every day of the year  :(

Offline skipped

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:33:41 »
All aboard the red alert hype train! CHOO CHOO

Offline boTy

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 01:24:21 »
Would it be possible to buy the spacebars alone?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 01:37:58 »

It seems to be a separate kit and if I am not mistaken Bunny already mentioned that those spacebars are separated from the base sets.

So yes, it should be possible  :thumb:

Offline boTy

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 01:44:53 »

It seems to be a separate kit and if I am not mistaken Bunny already mentioned that those spacebars are separated from the base sets.

So yes, it should be possible  :thumb:
Thanks, that's awesome!

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 03:32:02 »
I know this is a long shot, but I'll go ahead and ask.
With the black and orange CS:GO set, is there any chance to get a 6.5u or 6u spacebar? I know I have a few friends that would love to get the set (with the doubleshot spacebar) for their “Gaming” keyboards.
Also if JTK were to offer spacebars for those keyboards, he would be one of the only manufactures doing it and that could help sell even more sets.

On I side note, I really wish that ISO enter keys were part of the new sets.

Offline E3E

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 04:09:52 »
Bruh, you must be kiddn' me. I was buying Jukebox AND a red octagon because I was getting crazy CocaCola vibes, was gonna mix with some FallOut caps and bam. But now there's something that straight up has Coca-Cola branding.

I guess I'll stick with Jukebox, but damn the temptation.

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 07:30:31 »
Is JTK planning on making other profiles in the future?  Seeing as how SA sets are stacking up at SP, it would be nice if there was another producer of SA-like keycaps  ;)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 07:41:04 »
Is JTK planning on making other profiles in the future?  Seeing as how SA sets are stacking up at SP, it would be nice if there was another producer of SA-like keycaps  ;)

Wouldn't really make sense for them to do it given how much all the molds would cost and that SP already offer custom legends

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 07:44:34 »

Wouldn't really make sense for them to do it given how much all the molds would cost and that SP already offer custom legends

Yea, I understand that costs of new molds are quite high.  However, seeing the amount of Carbon sets that were sold and how many Danger Zone is currently selling I'd say it might be worth considering.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:01:22 »

Yea, I understand that costs of new molds are quite high.  However, seeing the amount of Carbon sets that were sold and how many Danger Zone is currently selling I'd say it might be worth considering.

Consider that hundreds of custom molds created by the community are kept with SP... to recreate those elsewhere would be tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars

edit: forgot to type the words
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:21:13 by swimmingbird »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:12:53 »

Consider that hundreds of custom molds created by the community are kept with SP... to recreate those elsewhere would be tens if not thousands of dollars

you arent even close

1 new mould costs thousands

unless you are talking about legends, in which case, a legend is relatively cheap with a company like sp, as they are tooled on a computer, whereas with jtk they are far more expensive, and made by hand
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:19:46 »

Consider that hundreds of custom molds created by the community are kept with SP... to recreate those elsewhere would be tens if not thousands of dollars

Once again, I understand that molds cost a butt-load of money.  However, I personally have no idea what JTK's bank roll is like and I was just wondering if they were entertaining the idea of making different profile keysets.  I wouldn't think they'd be interested in making anything new in the near future, but if they become extremely successful maybe they would consider expanding their product line somewhere in the distant future.

Just so we don't steer to far off topic, I love the orange/black set and will most likely be buying one.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:24:40 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

you arent even close

1 new mould costs thousands

unless you are talking about legends, in which case, a legend is relatively cheap with a company like sp, as they are tooled on a computer, whereas with jtk they are far more expensive, and made by hand
[/quote]

Dayum it's scary how significant the tooling costs are - makes me appreciate what sort of capex would have gone into making JTK a thing and how even one buy in we are adding in awesome extras like 1800 support

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:50:55 »
I don't even need a full iso kit, but I would love if this could include at least the ISO short left shift.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:07:33 »
I don't even need a full iso kit, but I would love if this could include at least the ISO short left shift.

+1  This is also something I would appreciate since many of my layouts have that as well.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:08:09 »

we are adding layout support all the time, and its certainly on our list of things we want to add

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 11:53:52 »
I'm liking the red and white. One question, and something I've noticed with a lot of group buys.

Any reason for the old Windows legend, rather than the modern Windows 8/10 logo? I was never a fan of the wavy windows. I'm using mostly modifiers with written legends as a whole, I dislike the wavy windows logo so much  :p

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:16:51 »
I can't believe Windows XP is the "old" logo. I'm getting ****in old

Offline ika

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 13:12:38 »

winxp was released in 2001, that was 14 years ago. I'm sure there's kids on this forum who weren't even alive when XP was released. how's that for making you feel old?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 13:15:30 »

winxp was released in 2001, that was 14 years ago. I'm sure there's kids on this forum who weren't even alive when XP was released. how's that for making you feel old?

You would think we would be able to find a better logo to put on that cap at this point anyway.  Who actually wants a Windohs logo on their keyboard?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 13:23:32 »

You would think we would be able to find a better logo to put on that cap at this point anyway.  Who actually wants a Windohs logo on their keyboard?

There was an entire thread about this a while ago, not sure if anything came of it.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 13:50:55 »

There was an entire thread about this a while ago, not sure if anything came of it.
Haha. At least I'm not alone. :)

Offline agbockus

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:03:20 »

If it would properly fit, that'd be perfect to put the CtrlAlt logo! I'd much rather that than the Win key. It's almost like we need the community to come up with a cool Super key design that we could all use. That'd be pretty interesting.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:08:09 »

If it would properly fit, that'd be perfect to put the CtrlAlt logo! I'd much rather that than the Win key. It's almost like we need the community to come up with a cool Super key design that we could all use. That'd be pretty interesting.

I'd be happy with just a geekhack key with the correct profile in that spot instead.

The problem with a cool new super key is the cost of tooling. The cherries would even be OK IMO. We would just need them in a 1.25 unit key.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 15:18:46 »
in for the red / white.

hope there's some pink or light blue in JTKs future..

Offline agbockus

JTK Sophomore GB
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:00:31 »

I'd be happy with just a geekhack key with the correct profile in that spot instead.

The problem with a cool new super key is the cost of tooling. The cherries would even be OK IMO. We would just need them in a 1.25 unit key.
Yeah, but a single key shouldn't be too bad. It's funny to see talk about tooling...my father retired 7 years ago from hand-making plastic injection molds for about 50 years. We actually have 2 machines and a bunch of material too. I've been trying to convince him to make some custom cap designs...

But back on track, I can't wait for the red and white set!
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:16:40 by agbockus »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:09:39 »
These sets will definitely turn out really well. Will the pricing be similar to that of the debut set? If so I may just have to grab both sets. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2015, 09:18:37 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:13:35 »
These sets will definitely turn out really good. Will the pricing be similar to that of the debut set? If so I may just have to grab both sets. :thumb:

to my knowledge the pricing will not be going up, however ill post as soon as i have those locked in, our future aim is to reduce the costs significantly, but in order to make upgrades and changes people want, they have to be paid for

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:21:43 »
These sets will definitely turn out really good. Will the pricing be similar to that of the debut set? If so I may just have to grab both sets. :thumb:

to my knowledge the pricing will not be going up, however ill post as soon as i have those locked in, our future aim is to reduce the costs significantly, but in order to make upgrades and changes people want, they have to be paid for

Thanks for the response, that is pretty exciting news that the plan is to reduce the cost even further! The price is already very competitive with GMK and it appears that the quality has surpassed them as well. I have nothing but high hopes for JTK caps, I can't wait to get my first of JTK caps.
Edit: Forgot to mention the doubleshot spacebars! Very excited to see these go into production as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:24:43 by Steezus »
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 13:46:32 »
Stumbling upon the wallethack. Def get that orange is the new black :D
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 16:15:53 »
Stumbling upon the wallethack. Def get that orange is the new black :D

This one?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Welcome to geekhack...  :P

Offline Gracz

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 05:41:45 »
If it's only possible, then please include DS Spacebars that are flipping compatible (I mean that the logos arent upside down when flipped) :P

Offline ezpeze

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 23:41:02 »
Any reason for the old Windows legend, rather than the modern Windows 8/10 logo? I was never a fan of the wavy windows. I'm using mostly modifiers with written legends as a whole, I dislike the wavy windows logo so much  :p

Yea, I too much prefer the newer Windows 8/10 logo.
However, I'm still thankful that they do provide a proper Windows logo keycap instead of just themed ones found in some keysets.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 06:23:13 »
Any reason for the old Windows legend, rather than the modern Windows 8/10 logo? I was never a fan of the wavy windows. I'm using mostly modifiers with written legends as a whole, I dislike the wavy windows logo so much 

Yea, I too much prefer the newer Windows 8/10 logo.
However, I'm still thankful that they do provide a proper Windows logo keycap instead of just themed ones found in some keysets.
Here he is, the one person who actually wants a windows logo. :)

(I'm just playin' around it its not obvious)

Offline deci

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 15:02:15 »
Any chance of a Classic Beige set?

I think quite a few of us are still heartbroken about Classic Beige GMK failing...

Also, any updates on availability of the Topre - MX sliders?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 20:36:48 »

I mean... the group buy is for the two sets you see
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline deci

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:47:58 »

I meant in the future... obviously  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:48:48 »

wait a week, i can get pretty close, not exactly, but in the ballpark

keep an eye on the store going live again

Offline deci

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 11:53:10 »

oh damn..... bunny always bringing the hype <3

Offline joey

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 12:27:41 »

:blank: :blank:

Offline Myk!

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:02:16 »
How much the set costs? How can I know if the group buy is still active?