Author Topic: [GB] Clack-Attack Nice69 v2 | entry level 69-key design (GB Currently Open)  (Read 1781 times)

Offline bishopj7

• Clack-Attack
Nice69 v2 - this time with a PCB!

Designed by bishopj7 and Clack-Attack Creative.

Printed wood cases will ship unfinished

Original v2 blog post and IC announcement

Link to kit listing on Etsy

I was hoping to post this thread a while back, but supply line issues and a handful of personal events interfered with those plans... but I'm back on track at last after a month and a half of delay.

I originally designed the Nice69 case earlier this year as a personal handwired project with 69 keys and a southpaw macro pad. Since building my own, I have also made the Nice69 available as a handwired kit on my Etsy store in an attempt to help make the hobby (and handwiring) more accessible with a mostly in-stock option - aside from the fact that cases are print-to-order.

Over the past few months, I have worked to design a throughole PCB in the CA69, and adjust the Nice69 case to fit it in to. The Nice69 will still be compatible and available for a handwired build - but I'm hoping to increase accessibility even more with the Nice69 v2. When preorders are closed, this kit will be in-stock and available for purchase when 50% of preorders have been fulfilled.

This keyboard is driven by the Elite C with a right-side USB port due to the key layout. Each case will be printed to order and buyers have the opportunity to mix/match their own color combination for the top and bottom cases, as well as the option between a high-profile top case and a low-profile top case.

Through the course of the preorder process, I plan to expand my printing farm with more equipment to better fill orders and finish orders with better efficiency. We all know the chances taken in the Group Buy process - and as a thank-you, I plan to offer founders incentives to the first 20 adopters - these early adopters for the Nice69 v2 will have the option to be immortalized on the CA69 PCB with the option to have their name/username included in the screen printing for the PCB's.

Design Notes
  • 69-key layout
  • Left-hand macro row
  • Asymmetrical Tsangan-inspired bottom row
  • 3D printed case with integrated switch plate
  • Multiple colors available
  • Throughole PCB design using Elite-C
  • Vial support for custom keymaps
  • 75 count 1n418 diodes included in kit
  • Integrated typing angle – ≈ 4.2° incline

The Nice69 v2 will be be available in any combination of the following 6 filament color options:

Space Grey, Purple Silk, Red, Transparent, Wood (raw), and Black

Configurations:
Simple configuration availability with only one layout currently.
Cases available in low profile (left) and high profile (right)

Case Specifications
  • 380 x 133 mm
  • Front height: 18 mm
  • Back Height: ≈ 25 mm
  • Material: PLA
Group Buy Info
  • Vendor: Clack-Attack Creative via Etsy (me)
  • Group Buy Live: August 17, 2022
  • Est. Group Buy Close: September 30, 2022
  • Unlimited Group Buy, Early Adopter Specials (for first 20!)
  • Extras? Nah, but the number of Group Buy orders will directly influence the post-GB availability and count.
Pricing
  • GB Pricing: $95
  • In-stock / after GB: $110
  • Self-vending via Etsy!
  • International Shipping Available!
  • GB Kits est. shipping start: 10 weeks following GB close, November, 2022

Rendering of PCB

Original prototype run sample (don't worry - that missed drill hole has already been fixed)

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 August 2022, 19:14:56 by bishopj7 »

Offline Wonderfool

Psst: I think your etsy store link is wrapped in unnecessary quotes.

Offline bishopj7

• Clack-Attack
Thank you for that - fixing it currently!