Author Topic: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (shifts being made)  (Read 160918 times)

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
Re: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (SAAAAAMPLES)
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 12:06:46 »
The excitement is real now!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 15:00:43 »
The samples look good! I hope it's goes in production soon!

I'd like to compare them to the actual keys from the set, though.

Will you be able to get a side by side comparison?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 15:02:24 »
Yeap.

Offline amatecha

• Matecha.net
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:51:34 »
Whoa, those legends are just a test color, right?  They're supposed to be that cyan/turqoise-ish color, no?   Other than that, looking decent.  Hard to tell by those cellphone photos though :'D

Offline amatecha

• Matecha.net
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 17:38:41 »
Have a critical eye when you review these things.. check out what some ppl are getting from the recent Maxkey SA Lime group buy (doubleshot ABS) 

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 17:40:58 »
What's up with the legend color??

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 19:16:30 »
Whoa, those legends are just a test color, right?  They're supposed to be that cyan/turqoise-ish color, no?   Other than that, looking decent.  Hard to tell by those cellphone photos though :'D

Yep, pretty much. Those are color samples, the actual legends arent going to be that color. I just requested the plastic colors, i didn't really specify what color legend as I assumed they would be blank.

Have a critical eye when you review these things.. check out what some ppl are getting from the recent Maxkey SA Lime group buy (doubleshot ABS)

Sure.

What's up with the legend color??

Those aren't going to be the actual colors haha. The legend colors will all be the shade of blue in the center (of first image).

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 22:23:10 »

Honestly, those don’t look any worse than some SP sets... if the MaxKeys sets cost as much as an SP set I’d be mad about those caps.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:26:17 »

My amazing chocolatier set looks very similar to this, as does my Filco SA set. I’m looking forward to the new SP PBT molds.  Hopefully we can get a pristine SA set for good value. 

I was impressed with my lime set that I received today.  I would buy it again.  The only issue I have is the D legend looks off to me.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #309 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 20:23:57 »
My amazing chocolatier set looks very similar to this, as does my Filco SA set. I’m looking forward to the new SP PBT molds.  Hopefully we can get a pristine SA set for good value. 

I was impressed with my lime set that I received today.  I would buy it again.  The only issue I have is the D legend looks off to me.

+1. For the short time I had SA chocolatier (planck kit + alphas), it wasn't the highest quality. it had a factory scratch on the keys as well.  :(

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:29:43 »

+1. For the short time I had SA chocolatier (planck kit + alphas), it wasn't the highest quality. it had a factory scratch on the keys as well.  :(

SP’s lackluster packaging doesn’t exactly help when it comes to getting scratch free caps though.

And yeah I have similar markings in some of the caps for my 1965 set (though not quite as bad as the ones shown in Lime).

Offline WarmCat

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 21:24:26 »

SP’s lackluster packaging doesn’t exactly help when it comes to getting scratch free caps though.

And yeah I have similar markings in some of the caps for my 1965 set (though not quite as bad as the ones shown in Lime).

I received both MaxKeys Lime and MaxKeys BG at the same time (ordered from KBDFANS).
Lime shows similar issues as shown here. BG, however is totally flawless, really is great; better than the few bits I have from SP.

Offline skyybaby

Re: [GB] Maxkey SA Calm Depths (Samples Finished, Mold Proofing coming soon^tm)
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 09:36:30 »
I'm looking for someone to buy out my spot or take my spot so I can get a refund. I'm hoping it is ok with ye_cole. I'm new to geekhack so idk how to tag ye_cole... If anyone wants,  I can be contacted under reddit with the same username. As much as I want this set I could really use the money instead as I'm in the process of closing on a new house.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 18:11:12 »
I'm looking for someone to buy out my spot or take my spot so I can get a refund. I'm hoping it is ok with ye_cole. I'm new to geekhack so idk how to tag ye_cole... If anyone wants,  I can be contacted under reddit with the same username. As much as I want this set I could really use the money instead as I'm in the process of closing on a new house.

Dm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:39:31 »
Hey guys!

I recieved the samples today at my house.

You can expect hi resolution comparison photos by the end of tomorrow (PST).

The blues seem to match perfectly. The grey is a shade or so lighter than the OG grey.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:40:22 »

That's cool man!

Work it out first with the other person though.

Offline xZ3ROx

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 19:41:29 »

That's cool man!

I dm him. Hopefully I am able to take over his spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 00:05:38 »
Hey guys!

I recieved the samples today at my house.

You can expect hi resolution comparison photos by the end of tomorrow (PST).

The blues seem to match perfectly. The grey is a shade or so lighter than the OG grey.

The blues look perfect! Are you going to try and get the gray to match perfectly or are we going with the current one?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 00:07:06 »
Honestly, I'm not sure. It would cause another delay, and I'm not sure if I'm still fine with that, because we've had to have so many delays already. I'll have to post a poll on here and reddit.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 01:05:48 »
Honestly, I'm not sure. It would cause another delay, and I'm not sure if I'm still fine with that, because we've had to have so many delays already. I'll have to post a poll on here and reddit.

Personally, I'd rather wait for the right color to turn out.

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 08:36:07 »

I'd be down for waiting as well, we've spent this long, might as well do it right. Thanks again for running this!

Offline gaiden

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 09:04:02 »
At this point ppl should probably write this in their will..

JK Jk wait a few more months

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 09:43:17 »
Personally, I'd rather wait for the right color to turn out.

I'd be down for waiting as well, we've spent this long, might as well do it right. Thanks again for running this!

At this point ppl should probably write this in their will..

JK Jk wait a few more months

Thank you for the feedback! I've made a strawpoll where you can vote too, and if you joined the GB, you'll be recieving an email from me with a google form where you can vote on what you'd like to do.

Strawpoll: https://strawpoll.com/16bzgdew

Also, I have some HD comparisons with ****ty focusing because I'm a total amateur. https://imgur.com/a/8ATUF

Offline skyybaby

« Reply #324 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 09:44:10 »

That's cool man!

I dm him. Hopefully I am able to take over his spot

So it seems that  xZ3ROx wants to take my spot, they've messaged me on here and reddit. So do I just get a refund and then you will send them an invoice? I'm not sure how to go about this.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 09:55:37 »
So it seems that  xZ3ROx wants to take my spot, they've messaged me on here and reddit. So do I just get a refund and then you will send them an invoice? I'm not sure how to go about this.

Pretty much, yeah. Would you like to send more details on reddit? u/guess_whos_black, PM me your email address, their email address, and their country.

Offline skyybaby

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 10:05:18 »

Pretty much, yeah. Would you like to send more details on reddit? u/guess_whos_black, PM me your email address, their email address, and their country.

PM'd on Reddit. I included xzerox in the reddit chat as well.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 10:54:23 »
I am also all for waiting longer to get more accurate grays and dark blues

Offline clorex

« Reply #328 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 11:33:29 »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/234802192014508033/408436923124678656/image.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/234802192014508033/408436945610473482/image.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/234802192014508033/408437009657626625/image.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/234802192014508033/408437029106483201/image.jpg

these are some bad ones, but they'll do for now!
Judging from the 3rd pic, Maxkey's grey is not just lighter but looks to be warmer in hue as opposed to SP's cooler hue. So I vote to delay it as necessary. I'm in no hurry to get it although I can only speak for myself.

In a similar case, the Maxkey Orange on Dolch alphas were pretty close to SP Hack'd by Geeks but was also let down by the mods IIRC.

Offline amatecha

• Matecha.net
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 17:46:53 »
hahaha yeah those pics make it a bit hard to tell, but yeah looks like the grey is not quite right.   I can't tell, regarding the dark blue, but it looks like there's less of a blue tint? almost looks black.

Best way to take pics, white or light gray surface/background,  sunlight or pure white light (generally speaking).  Something the camera can very easily grey-balance against, anyway.

I'm all for waiting for a color adjustment to make it more accurate to the original colors (already voted in the strawpoll)  :)

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 17:49:29 »
I was prepared for delays coming in, whatever it takes to get it right man! What's the estimated date looking at with the delays so far?

Offline boogiemanspud

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 00:24:21 »

Judging from the 3rd pic, Maxkey's grey is not just lighter but looks to be warmer in hue as opposed to SP's cooler hue. So I vote to delay it as necessary. I'm in no hurry to get it although I can only speak for myself.

I feel the exact same way.  The grey looks warmer which isn't good on a set meant to be cool and calming.  The dark blue also looks like it needs some tweaking, looks closer to black than blue.
 This set is pretty much impossible to get as is, so a delay is fine with me.  Matching the colorways is pretty much the utmost concern for me.  Thanks for the pics!  They are proof things are moving in the right direction.

Is there any way to get pics under a less yellow light?  Maybe either in daylight or under florescent an/or cool lighting?  I kind of feel the lighting may be changing looks also.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 15:46:43 »
I voted in the poll but I'll comment here as well.

I'm also ok with waiting longer to get the most accurate colors possible. Both the dark blue and grey look off to me as well. The grey more so than the blue.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 15:51:47 »

I feel the exact same way.  The grey looks warmer which isn't good on a set meant to be cool and calming.  The dark blue also looks like it needs some tweaking, looks closer to black than blue.
 This set is pretty much impossible to get as is, so a delay is fine with me.  Matching the colorways is pretty much the utmost concern for me.  Thanks for the pics!  They are proof things are moving in the right direction.

Is there any way to get pics under a less yellow light?  Maybe either in daylight or under florescent an/or cool lighting?  I kind of feel the lighting may be changing looks also.

I strongly agree with the grey looking to warm vs cool.

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:12:47 »
New samples march.

All of china's off for next two weeks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:58:50 by ye_cole »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:25:10 »
New samples march, they're going to be 300.

Am I reading this right that you requested color adjustments, and will find out how those new colors will look like in the form of 300 sets delivered?

Offline SakeJams

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:27:53 »
>.>

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:58:33 »
Am I reading this right that you requested color adjustments, and will find out how those new colors will look like in the form of 300 sets delivered?

Uhh, no. That would be an idiotic move. They're going to cost 300, which honestly in retrospect is rather irrelevant info.

edited op.

Offline BearonicMan

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 09:23:06 »
New samples march.

Sounds good, thanks for the update.

Offline dc_in_sf

• Old Bastard
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 18:34:48 »
sorry I missed this one, if anyone wants to drop out let me know :)

Offline ryancopenhaver

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 18:48:48 »
Actually, I can take you up on that. I've run into some rough events that require more funds than usual, so this would actually help me out. I'm not quite sure how to go about it though.

I got mine from the US seller through Google Docs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 20:48:55 »
Actually, I can take you up on that. I've run into some rough events that require more funds than usual, so this would actually help me out. I'm not quite sure how to go about it though.

i would recommend just waiting for it to show up and then selling it

it's too risky to swap without an item in hand
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ryancopenhaver

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 21:18:32 »

Understandable. I hit up ye_cole on Reddit to see what he thinks.

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 22:12:33 »
Willing to buy if anyone is backing out!!!

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 00:01:25 »

it messes with my logistics, too. ;(

Understandable. I hit up ye_cole on Reddit to see what he thinks.

I'll take care of this in around a day or two, during the weekend. Your PM was read. :)

Offline roguepotato_

« Reply #345 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 18:38:29 »
If it's okay with ye_cole and anyone would like to take my GB spot, I could use the money elsewhere at the moment.

Offline Esheu2

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 17:24:32 »
Are there any updates?
Ojou

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 19:54:10 »
Any updates ?

Offline ye_cole

Sorry, keep waiting! Lunar new year has messed with the timing of the samples. However, 1/2nd week of march should be when final samples AND molds will be done.

Offline ye_cole

molds done first set of caps with new molds (black and white, samples havent been approved yet) will come through in a week.