Author Topic: ErgoDox Key Caps  (Read 1409 times)

Offline martin360

ErgoDox Key Caps
« on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 17:27:29 »
I brought and assembled a ErgoDox, including the default DSA keycaps, a while ago but I just can't get used to it. One of the reasons is that there is no bump on the F and J key.

So does anyone know where I can find blank Key Caps for the ErgoDox that include this little bump?
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 August 2014, 17:30:20 by martin360 »

Offline docwlad

Re: ErgoDox Key Caps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:28:48 »
You can order single keys off the Signature Plastics overstock site (http://www.keycapsdirect.com/key-capsinventory.php). I don't know how up to date their posted inventory is (it says it was last updated on June 10th), but it still says that these keys are available:  DSA - 1X W/ HOMING BUMP - CREAM (WCX).

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 00:27:45 »
Like what docwlad said, you can get the bumped caps from overstock list. Contact Melissa personally if you have any issues because she is usually very friendly and approachable.

As for other keys, I have developed a learner's solution for the ergodox if you are just beginning to switch over from the staggered layouts of normal keyboards. I can share if you like :)

Offline martin360

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 18:08:44 »
Thanks all. @sakai4eva That would be fantastic. I already checked out the source files for the Ergodox driver and compiled my own keyboard driver. I'm using the Workman keyboard layout but couldn't apply the layout to the Ergodox in a satisfying way yet.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 21:20:33 »
What I usually do is to incorporate some taller keys into the board to ensure that I get the hang of being sensitive to certain keys.

For example, when I shifted the CTRL key to the left of A, I used an SA profile key (while retaining the others at DSA), to make the key feel different. Over time, I got used to having CTRL there and now I use it for all my keyboards.