Author Topic: [IC] Satisfaction 75 - 75% w/ OLED and Knob (4/25 UPDATE - 5/6 GB START)  (Read 130718 times)

Offline Visionaire

Re: [IC] Satisfaction 75 - 75% Keyboard w/ OLED Screen and Rotary Encoder
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 08:07:08 »
IC form completed

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 18:05:55 »
Honestly, IC's should take a long time. Do not be afraid to delay the GB. Problems that could have been fixed in the IC showing up in the GB will suck for everyone is it seems to be becoming more common on newer GBs.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 19:37:26 »
Please hold off so I csn save more $ for this lul! We just had the Xeno GB.

Offline ian13

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 20:00:25 »
Having this delay is actually quite good for me and my beloved wallet. My wallet will love me again. Even if it's just for a few weeks. Maybe.  :))

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 16:28:34 »
Just one question, can the screen be more or less at the same height of the case or there will be a different height between them so a sort of hole? 
(I would prefer the screen to be at the same height of the case, so when you put the finger here you don't feel like there is a hole)

Offline sadmachine

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 20:01:40 »
Just one question, can the screen be more or less at the same height of the case or there will be a different height between them so a sort of hole? 
(I would prefer the screen to be at the same height of the case, so when you put the finger here you don't feel like there is a hole)

I agree that the screen flush with the case would make it cleaner...esp. easier to clean those inside edges where dust may collect over time.
Either way, so hyped.

Offline omjak

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:49:00 »
Any thoughts on Gray (dark/titanium) alum, and or polycarb?

Offline bleair2

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 01:14:58 »
Answer is likely obvious, but... The PCB is going to work with cherry mx switches only?

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 02:45:28 »
Really love the navy blue color in your render.
Hope to see the real decent navy blue after anodized.
Thanks for the hard work.

Offline Xerra

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 07:03:39 »
Any updates on the white case option? Would be really nice to get something like the one in Mizu renders.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 13:04:32 »

I agree that the screen flush with the case would make it cleaner...esp. easier to clean those inside edges where dust may collect over time.
Either way, so hyped.

Cleaning might be also a reason but i meant for the aesthetic, a flush display with the case would look better imho

Offline sadmachine

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 15:12:36 »

Either way, so hyped.

Cleaning might be also a reason but i meant for the aesthetic, a flush display with the case would look better imho

Sorry, I meant to fully agree with you with the first part of my response then segue into a play on words. Failed delivery/poor attempt on my part. Pls give me a pass...studying for professional exams atm :confused:

Offline ian13

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 03:04:00 »
Any updates on the white case option? Would be really nice to get something like the one in Mizu renders.

+1 Any update on this? I want to know as well.

Offline bball2

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:49:32 »

Offline upas

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:22:21 »

I have not yet received the prototypes in hand, but my factory has sent me pictures of the white finish. It looks great :)

Hopefully when I have it in person, it will be just as great and satisfying. While I can't promise I'll offer it (the quality could be poor), it's looking promising.

Offline efftwo

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:23:30 »

I have not yet received the prototypes in hand, but my factory has sent me pictures of the white finish. It looks great :)

Show Image

Hopefully when I have it in person, it will be just as great and satisfying.

Wow, that looks amazing. So excited for this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 22:24:40 »
I'm incredibly hyped for this, great work so far

Offline Xerra

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 02:31:11 »

Show Image

Hopefully when I have it in person, it will be just as great and satisfying. While I can't promise I'll offer it (the quality could be poor), it's looking promising.

Thanks for the update! From the picture, the texture seems quite good. Can't really tell the temperature of the white though. I'm hoping it'd be slightly warmer, to match the WS1 of Mizu and Minimal! Anyways, good to see things progressing well!

Offline ian13

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 10:07:44 »

Show Image

Thanks for the update! From the picture, the texture seems quite good. Can't really tell the temperature of the white though. I'm hoping it'd be slightly warmer, to match the WS1 of Mizu and Minimal! Anyways, good to see things progressing well!

This!

I am hoping it turns out good as well!  :thumb:

Offline jortzii

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 01:29:03 »
Just wanted to say congrats on getting the website up and running! Can’t wait for this board to move to GB. I need it!

Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 05:46:27 »
love the the white prototype.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 07:08:05 »
Question: Is it possible to set the sensitivity of the knob in different modes? It looks like you're doing a lot of twisting to do small increments of volume change. Can this be adjusted to something more like 1 full turn goes from 0-100 in volume? Is that software driven?

Offline rondg

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 18:41:17 »
I'm really looking forward on how the blue would look like. I'm planning to use Striker on this board  ;D

Offline Dovan1405

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 04:39:41 »
Has the weight been updated? You said you had something in mind. I love the clean look on this thou.

Will this board be limited or something???

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 10:59:45 »
I totally missed the screen on this at first. I really love that idea. Will that be externally programmable? Or will it only feature the time/layer info? I don't want to go too far off scope from a keyboard, but putting a real computer with a clock in a board is a big deal. An OLED screen could really do almost anything...

It almost seems like what you're doing with the processor and screen is add a new dimension to customs, and I think that's really cool.

Offline upas

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 15:33:58 »
Has the weight been updated? You said you had something in mind. I love the clean look on this thou.

Will this board be limited or something???

The weight design is complete :)

I promise, there will be a new wealth of information released once I receive my 2nd round prototypes. I like to show, not tell. It's way more satisfying :)

To maintain my sanity, the board will be limited. There will be more than 50 units though.

I totally missed the screen on this at first. I really love that idea. Will that be externally programmable? Or will it only feature the time/layer info? I don't want to go too far off scope from a keyboard, but putting a real computer with a clock in a board is a big deal. An OLED screen could really do almost anything...

It almost seems like what you're doing with the processor and screen is add a new dimension to customs, and I think that's really cool.

Right now, it features time, layer info, keymatrix info, lock indicators, and encoder mode. I don't have plans on adding further features at the moment, but it's all written in QMK, so others can build upon it. You're right that there is a real computer with a clock in there :)

Offline omjak

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 21:31:44 »
To maintain my sanity, the board will be limited. There will be more than 50 units though.

that's very sad news for most of us

Offline swangful

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 23:16:16 »

Will this be a raffle style then? And yeah. Definitely tired of fighting for keyboards but..its the nature of the game.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 23:26:06 »

Will this be a raffle style then? And yeah. Definitely tired of fighting for keyboards but..its the nature of the game.

+1 this. Do we have a possible vendor for the GB?

Offline equalunique

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 07:28:40 »
I really like that your prototype supports ctrl+win+alt mods on either side of the space bar. Too often I run across kits that omit the win key and that's a dealbreaker IMO. I am not sure if I will have the $$$ to join this, but am pretty excited about your ortho60 design.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline upas

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 09:15:26 »

+1 this. Do we have a possible vendor for the GB?

This will be FCFS.

I'm the vendor :) Check out my new store, https://cannonkeys.com !

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 11:09:21 »
This will be FCFS.

RIP, with raffle there was at least a chance to get it, now we won't even make it to checkout before they sell out

Offline gt1989

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 11:15:09 »
I better make sure that I set up my alarms when we get the time info.

:p

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 12:16:26 »
This will be FCFS.

RIP, with raffle there was at least a chance to get it, now we won't even make it to checkout before they sell out

That will depend on how many units this is limited to.  If it’s 100, the chances improve greatly.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the colour/ano options are going to be when that’s finalized as well.  I may be looking for a “raw” kit so hopefully that’s possible.

Offline swangful

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 13:09:22 »
This will be FCFS.

That will depend on how many units this is limited to.  If it’s 100, the chances improve greatly.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the colour/ano options are going to be when that’s finalized as well.  I may be looking for a “raw” kit so hopefully that’s possible.

Hopefully 100

Offline Gobluebro

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 13:59:09 »

This will be FCFS.

Let's hope the website doesn't go down from all the traffic it will have once the group buy begins :)

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 16:43:08 »
This will be FCFS.

Hopefully 100
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think op said 50 were being made.

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 16:46:14 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think op said 50 were being made.

Offline Moac

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 16:53:20 »
Any idea when we can expect final design and the options reveal?
I’ll most likely buy Box navy switches to go with this board.
I hope to be able to buy one before they are sold out , any plans for an additional batch if these sell well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #239 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 18:15:14 »
Please don't do FCFS, all the bots and folks with flaming finger macros will get the board and flip it as usual

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 18:57:33 »

This will be FCFS.

Let's hope the website doesn't go down from all the traffic it will have once the group buy begins :)

Please remember to share the Date/hour/timezone before the gb actually goes live (days before possibly).  I would be a bit disappointed to miss this to someone that enters just to flip. 

A time that is acceptable for both US and EU would be great to be honest (yeah EU people uses ANSI as well) 

Offline BlankeyGotCaps

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 10:45:35 »
^ Please give us a heads up.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 10:55:41 »
FCFS  :eek: :eek:

Offline sozo

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 17:49:43 »
I can't wait

Offline Jermane

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 23:08:19 »
FCFS, yikes. Really hoping to get in on this.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 23:14:55 »

First post. Welcome to GH.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 00:33:44 »

Welcome to the hobby.  :-\

Offline Jermane

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 01:08:00 »

Welcome to the hobby.  :-\

Oh I've been around just never made an account on here before but this board made me finally do it. ITS PERFECT.

Offline jortzii

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 01:08:31 »
It’s really not as bad as it sounds. If you know the option ahead of time, it’s a matter of filling out the fields for PP, username, and platform (typically) and then filling in the bubbles for what you want and hitting submit. Decide ahead of time and be quick and you’ve got as good a chance as any
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline Sic_Alpha

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 01:17:50 »
If the options are known ahead of time.  Good GB should have that.  I've seen them where options were different/modified and completely new options appeared on the GB form when it went live.  Caused many to miss out.