Author Topic: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?  (Read 69324 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: Does Your Ideal Mouse Exist?
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:41:16 »
G403 wireless... great shell, great scrollwheel (I hate those hyperwheels), great sensor, actually really lasts 1 week. Fits great in the hand. Mmmm... and the wirelessness is so great.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:08:16 »
G403 wireless... great shell, great scrollwheel (I hate those hyperwheels), great sensor, actually really lasts 1 week. Fits great in the hand. Mmmm... and the wirelessness is so great.

The teflon feet it uses is really next lvl..

It's pressed just right to reduce the total surface contact area.

Thereby producing stability without more friction.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 14:14:36 »

Works perfectly on my qck xxl. Only, when I plug in the mouse with the cable, the cable really provides friction against my desk.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 13:49:35 »

Works perfectly on my qck xxl. Only, when I plug in the mouse with the cable, the cable really provides friction against my desk.
Currently, my favorite mouse is the Logitech G403 wired. I use a Zowie mouse bungee to keep the cable elevated.

https://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Bungee-Mouse-Management-Device-Sporting/dp/B071YYV73Y/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_tr_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J03X56FABRJWKC3BMH19

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 19:07:20 »
I don't think I have an "ideal" mouse to be honest. I'm extremely budget limited, so I've learned when not to be too picky.

First personal mouse was the MX518. Good mouse, had it for years until it wore out. Tried to sell it to a local store early on when desperate for cash, only to discover the store full of trained experts had no clue what an optical sensor was, claiming it was broken because the sensor didn't light up.

Next was the Logitech G500. Despite prediction and acceleration, a good mouse, until it started double clicking. Not having the experience or tools to fix the issue, I put it in a drawer in case I did someday.

Replaced it with a Razer Abyssus, which was terrible for multiple reasons, not the least of which was you had to flip it over to adjust dpi, which was either way too slow or way too high. I gave it away and borrowed my mom's G500s for a while. To explain how terrible this mouse was: My current monitor, our deep fryer and my mechanical keyboard are all from this year, and I have no intention of replacing them quite yet (my monitor may need to be replaced due to problems with the HDMI port, however). She also still has the G500s, which I bought for her the year prior, and she's still using it.

Replaced the borrowed mouse with my current G303 Daedalus Prime and returned it to it's rightful owner. Not perfect, but very usable, excellent sensor, and does just what I need. The fact that I can program it if need be is a huge plus.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 19:11:05 »
mx518 -> G400 -> G400s

Yes my ideal mouse exists.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 07:59:54 »

YES, MY FAVOURITE MOUSE EXISTS. IT IS KNOWN AS THE MICROSOFT MOUSE. THE MICROSOFT MOUSE IS INFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE CRAPPLE MOUSE BECAUSE IT HAS TWICE AS MANY BUTTONS. CRAPPLE, BEING A STUPID COMPANY RUN BY IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE COMPUTERS, DECIDED THAT THEY WERE "TOO COOL" FOR A TWO BUTTON MOUSE. BUT NOT ME! I USE ONE ALL THE TIME. I USE NOTHING BUT GENUINE MICROSOFT MICE, PLUGGED INTO MY SERIAL PORT, OR PS/2 PORT, DEPENDING ON THE COMPUTER OR MOUSE THAT I AM USING. THE BEAUTIFUL OFF-WHITE YELLOWISH BEIGE COLOUR ADDS SO MUCH BEAUTY AND CHARACTER TO THESE ARTISTICALLY DESIGNED MASTERPIECES. NOT TO MENTION THAT THESE MICE ARE SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR WINDOWS 98. BUT WHETHER YOU USE WINDOWS 98 OR NOT, YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE RIGHT NOW. DON'T WAIT! GETTING A MICROSOFT MOUSE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. SO THEREFORE, YOU NEED TO GET ONE RIGHT NOW. WHEN YOU GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE, ALSO BE SURE TO PURCHASE MORE TO GIVE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. YOU CAN SPREAD THE REVOLUTION IN POINTING DEVICES TODAY! DON'T DELAY! JUST IMAGINE IF YOU DIED AND WENT TO THE PEARLY GATES. AND GOD FOUND OUT THAT YOU DIDN'T USE A MICROSOFT MOUSE. YOU'D PROBABLY ROT IN HELL FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BURN IN HELL, GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE. MICROSOFT MICE ARE THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS IN LIFE, AS IT POINTS YOUR CURSOR THROUGH THE AMAZING WORLD OF MULTIMEDIA IN WINDOWS 98 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 6.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:49:39 »
logitech g400

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:54:29 »
logitech g400

Better than the 400s?  They are basically the same mouse but the g400s has a more precise sensor, apparently.  I know it has some stupid styling, though.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:14:49 »
The cable is different, or at least has supposedly better strain relief.

Offline corygrapher

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 23:20:24 »
If there were a white ver. of deathadder elite then yes.

Offline templanet

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 21:30:44 »
No such product exists for what I want: A trackball that sits in front of the keyboard and sunk into the desk. So a Morency Rest with a cutout for a panelmount trackball. And make it so you can lift one side of the trackball up and tent it at any angle.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 April 2018, 21:42:34 by templanet »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 06:12:00 »
No such product exists for what I want: A trackball that sits in front of the keyboard and sunk into the desk. So a Morency Rest with a cutout for a panelmount trackball. And make it so you can lift one side of the trackball up and tent it at any angle.

A trackball between a set of split keyboards is the same thing.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 10:05:59 »
Yes.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 10:36:52 »

Offline templanet

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 13:27:30 »

A trackball between a set of split keyboards is the same thing.

The only way I would break up with my Model M is if DataHand came back from the grave. Even then... ;)

I've been looking around here since I made that statement, and found one that is close: "QTronix Libra 35 trackball gel wrist rest". That might work except for the small trackball and no scroll wheel is a downer but I guess I could use the keyboard for that.

The other one I keep coming back to is the "Logitech TrackMan Marble FX Trackball". No scroll wheel, but with that shape who cares? If my keyboard was tenkeyless or it came in left handed, I think I would be content.

Now I'm wondering if the Trackman could fit sideways near the center of a Morency Rest style arrangement that didn't have any padding.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 14:05:12 by templanet »

Offline iaso

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 01:21:50 »
Yes, it's called the Logitech MX Master 2.

G403 is a good contender. I prefer the G403 for gaming, the MX Master for productivity.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 02:20:03 »
I'm super pleased with my current EC1-A but I would love it even more if it had a quieter scrollwheel and shorter click travel  :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 April 2018, 03:23:58 by Duckyreddy »

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 03:18:36 »
Logitech MX Master 2 is close to perfect for me. Extremely happy with mine.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 10:15:17 »
Logitech MX Master 2 is close to perfect for me. Extremely happy with mine.

The MX Master 3 will be very interesting now that the Hero sensor has been invented by logitech..

I see no reason for them to use any other sensor in their wireless mice in the future.. there shouldn't be a difference between their office/gaming line  except weight..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 01:31:17 »
palm(ish) grip with a pinky rest and a tight back-end so you can claw in needed
free scroll/click adjustable scrolling wheel
adjustable dpi profiles between 2k and 6k
on-the-fly dpi adjustment
4 programmable side thumb buttons
braided cord
nice PBT material w/o coating
Teflon feet
built-in hardware profile software/on board comp
reliable non-jittery sensor
VERY light build with included weights
RGB led's

doesn't exist, but if you're reading this spies... 'sup?  ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 May 2018, 01:35:42 by noisyturtle »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 02:16:41 »
You can't get a lightweight palm-grip mouse with a hyperscroll wheel, extra buttons, weights, RGB lights and a PBT shell (denser than ABS, also relatively brittle thus needing more structural support). Those parts weigh something.

Regular Ducky Secret is 120 g, Secret M is 94 g. The difference between them is some material and a weight compartment. Hyperscroll wheels are even heavier and need a lot of space: I wonder how you could fit that and 7 regular button switches together with other components in there.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 02:23:59 »
You can't get a lightweight palm-grip mouse with a hyperscroll wheel, extra buttons, weights, RGB lights and a PBT shell (denser than ABS, also relatively brittle thus needing more structural support). Those parts weigh something.

Regular Ducky Secret is 120 g, Secret M is 94 g. The difference between them is some material and a weight compartment. Hyperscroll wheels are even heavier and need a lot of space: I wonder how you could fit that and 7 regular button switches together with other components in there.

yeah butt wut if it were made of hyperspace nano interdementional lazlo panaflex highspring superheated lightdamping material?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 05:49:30 »
Then you wouldn't be using a mouse, but something like direct neural input instead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 20:25:09 »
Then you wouldn't be using a mouse, but something like direct neural input instead.

I don't think it will be possible to have a reliable high bandwidth neural interface without cybernetic implants.

This is a very distant technology.

For mouse, Vertical mouse is ideal for everything except weight.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:41:10 »
a trackball mouse with silent clicks and at least 10 or more programmable buttons, this probably exists but just not the silent part

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:17:00 »
I'm sure the ideal shape does exist, and it's likely it exists with the idea weight. Haven't found it yet, though. Plus ideal tracking. But tracking is something a lot of decent mice can satisfy me with. Shape's more of a problem. I need it flatter than Sensei but not as flat as that Razer thing which came out together with Stacraft 2, whatever it was called.

Offline godlikekitten

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:13:57 »
Zowie fk 2 I'll swear by it till the day I die.  Or Microsoft's intellimouse ;)

Offline crystalflame

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:11:23 »
I have yet to find the perfect mouse. I can get used to different shapes but finding one with every button in usable/reachable locations has been tough.

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 04:13:59 »
Zowie fk 2 I'll swear by it till the day I die.  Or Microsoft's intellimouse ;)

wish it was just a little bit taller imo, I also had to take out the buttons on the right side cause they kept getting in the way
still a nice shape

Offline johngodsmith

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 04:23:20 »

I really like the WMO's shape

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:10:45 »
Ideal mice are much like ideal girls. If the shape is ideal, there are issues with character. If character is great, the shape is rarely ideal. And if both are ideal, then that's obviously way out of your league and you're just a poor bloke with little in terms of shape or character (forget cash or power) yourself. ;)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 10:08:07 »
Yep, Zowie FK1 and/or EC1-A

Offline cribbit

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 10:29:39 »
Apple magic trackpad would be if I could get it to work with things other than a mac. Thankfully most of my time really needing one is on a mac, but I would love to get it working on my home desktop. Gestures I mean, not just point.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline Gacct

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 15:01:54 »
My favourite as of right now is the logitech g900. Switched from the g403 (found the bump to be a bit big for my hands), however the g900 is just a tad small for my liking. My ideal mouse would be a g403 with a smaller bump.

Offline Chevy_Monsenhor

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 12:11:05 »
Fortunately it does, its the M65 Pro by Corsair.
Its the correct shape for my hand, the weight is perfect for me, it looks decent, its well built (that aluminium chassis...) and has a top of the PWM3360 sensor.
Keyboards: Leopold FC900R (Pinks), Logitech G613
Mice: Glorious Model O (Glossy), Logitech G305