Author Topic: Keyboard trays - help me pick one  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Zustiur

Keyboard trays - help me pick one
« on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 04:05:31 »
I'm fed up with the desk height at work so it's time to get serious about fixing it. I can't modify or replace the desk itself as they're uniform throughout the office so keyboard trays are the likely solution.

I started looking at the options and quickly realized that there's a much bigger variety than I expected.

My requirements should be pretty simple:
* No alteration to desk (I don't think work will let me drill holes to attach by screw)
* Can fit an L shaped desk.
* Big enough for keyboard (ZusDox. Basically an Ergodox) and mouse
* If dedicated mousepad included, must be on the left or adjustable.
* Hopefully can adjust angle relative to desk as 45 degrees into the corner may not work well due to large multimonitor setup and an inconveniently placed shelf. This is optional though

Please share your knowledge and experience of keyboard trays, including any product recommendations you might have.
I'd also appreciate pictures of custom/home made solutions, though my handy-skills are pretty terrible.

Offline MykB77

Re: Keyboard trays - help me pick one
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 21:04:58 »
Two companies to start with are Humanscale and 3M.  Something to note with keyboard trays, you get what you pay for.  Cheaper ones will be flimsy and bounce when you type. I just picked up a Humanscale with a separate side mouse deck and it can be put on either the left or right side.  The kit was missing a couple of bolts so got it discounted. Got the parts from Home Depot and installed it.  It is solid to type on.