geekhack Community > Input Devices

Opinions on Razer?

<< < (6/7) > >>

jamster:
Logitech mice- extremely boring, not the cheapest. And in my experience, ridiculously reliable. My kids have been using cheap Logitech mice for years. My primary work mouse of 5+ years is an old wireless MX Anywhere.

SBJ:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Tue, 03 January 2023, 10:20:35 ---
--- Quote from: phinix on Tue, 15 February 2022, 09:04:34 ---I had two Razer Pro Click mice in the past - each of them died after around 3-4 months, so I stopped buying this crap.
Software is rubbish.
I will never buy Razer again.

--- End quote ---
And this is why we buy Logitech, lol

--- End quote ---
My experience with my last Logitech mouse made me switch to a German brand that I had never tried. It was double clicking and the scroll wheel was just a disaster.
Currently VERY happy with my Endgame Gear XM1r - patiently waiting for them to release their XM2w wireless mouse.

Guess my point is everybody makes crap if you get a monday-model.

Back on topic:
My experiences with Razer have not been positive, I've owned a keyboard and a mouse and both broke within a month.
I could've been very unlucky though because I've also heard people praise Razer, so again it's all about how lucky/unlucky you were.
Honest opinion: you can get better quality gear for the same price as Razer, if you don't NEED the brand.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: SBJ on Mon, 09 January 2023, 02:22:13 ---It was double clicking

--- End quote ---
This means a bad micro switch and pretty much everyone uses the exact same switches from Omron.

It's not really a Logitech problem (just luck of the draw) and you didn't avoid the issue by changing brands.

SBJ:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Mon, 09 January 2023, 11:10:40 ---
--- Quote from: SBJ on Mon, 09 January 2023, 02:22:13 ---It was double clicking

--- End quote ---
This means a bad micro switch and pretty much everyone uses the exact same switches from Omron.

It's not really a Logitech problem (just luck of the draw) and you didn't avoid the issue by changing brands.

--- End quote ---
This doesn't use Omron switches.
Not necessarily a Logitech problem but when it happens more than once I don't want to bother trying again.

Darthbaggins:
EndGame gear make excellent mice - if the XM1 was wireless I would have chosen that over the GPxSL, so far zero issues with scroll and main clicks - this seems to have been an issue with the batches of Omron's they sourced for the earlier GPro models too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version