geekhack Community > Off Topic

The CGI and Artistry are next lvl

(1/2) > >>

tp4tissue:
Much sub-surface, So raytrace

Wonder if at some point games can look this good.

Darthbaggins:
Just loaded this to my server last night, hoping to watch it over the weekend.  Games are getting closer to the this level, but Raytraced wise we have a little while since it takes alot to Real-time trace this level.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Tue, 28 March 2023, 06:28:23 ---Just loaded this to my server last night, hoping to watch it over the weekend.  Games are getting closer to the this level, but Raytraced wise we have a little while since it takes alot to Real-time trace this level.

--- End quote ---

game texture resolution is pretty close, geometry complexity is only a bit behind,  lighting is still main weakness.

Darthbaggins:
So far UE5.2 is showing alot of uplift and promise the the lacking areas, we just need to see working titles release with this tech.   So far what I've tested was amazing and is not as strenuous on my aging Pascal GPU (still haven't found the right deal on a newer gen AMD/Nvidia GPU).

PlayBox:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Tue, 28 March 2023, 10:07:51 ---So far UE5.2 is showing alot of uplift and promise the the lacking areas, we just need to see working titles release with this tech.   So far what I've tested was amazing and is not as strenuous on my aging Pascal GPU (still haven't found the right deal on a newer gen AMD/Nvidia GPU).

--- End quote ---
go look at rx6600/6600xt/6700/6700xt very cheap and propably better than your pascal (depends on which pascal it is (its 10xx series right?))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version