geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Key Cap Sources?

<< < (3/8) > >>

digitalleftovers:

--- Quote from: theferenc;376313 ---I was more suggesting for an eventual wiki on the topic, if that is the route selected. I know this forum is heavily Cherry MX, which is the only reason I mentioned it. There are a few of us out there that rarely, if ever, use MX based keyboards.
--- End quote ---

I totally agree.  No switch should be left behind!  I might take a crack at it this weekend.  There is enough scattered through the key cap pages alone to at least start a cap vendor page (Fentek, Unicomp, KBC, SP...).

Pylon:
Hmm, what about certain NMB RT-series rubber domes with dedicated sliders? Those are very decent as far as rubber domes go and have interchangeable caps with their own stem. I would like to see a Wiki on those.

P.S. The best caps for those seem to be the ones on the Apple Design Keyboards.

digitalleftovers:

--- Quote from: Pylon;376366 ---Hmm, what about certain NMB RT-series rubber domes with dedicated sliders? Those are very decent as far as rubber domes go and have interchangeable caps with their own stem. I would like to see a Wiki on those.

P.S. The best caps for those seem to be the ones on the Apple Design Keyboards.
--- End quote ---

that raises a good point, actually.  I have a friend that uncapped his logitech board to clean it once.  So, there are rubber domes with easily replaced keys, but I've never seen keys FOR rubber domes for sale.  Perhaps we could list some donor boards...

IvanIvanovich:
I have an old btc rubberdomes that has mx compatible pbt caps. No idea the model number though, the label fell off. It's one of the compact ones with a choc mini like layout.

edit: only the non-stab'd keys are compatible. The stab'd keys have long posts that go down into the plastic body. Also the fkeys row is not mx, but has something that looks like a reduced sized alps for some reason...

prd:

--- Quote from: digitalleftovers;375890 ---I heard that you can ask Unicomp for a set of black blanks (IBM compatible).  They look really rough, but then again, a soft-touch finish would look a little out of place on a unicomp or model M.
--- End quote ---

I've bought one of those sets. No rough. They're actually quite ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version