Author Topic: Shine 2 DK9087?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline chrishamilton

Shine 2 DK9087?
« on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:18:03 »
I've been looking for a Shine 2 DK9087 (ducky shine 2 10 keyless) and cant seem to find it anywhere....I can find a chineese version, are there full sets of keycaps for sale any were? Also i was hoping to get vherry mx blues or browns with either white or blue backlit. Can anyone help me?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Shine 2 DK9087?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:30:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Shine 2 has been run out of stock in most places in anticipation of the Shine 3 coming out.

Shine 3 TKL are rumoured - have patience and a Shine 3 TKL will hopefully arrive soon :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chrishamilton

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:54:30 »
Do you know any solid, good looking, backlit, 10keyless keyboards for under 120-140? Help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline musai

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 18:43:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Shine 2 has been run out of stock in most places in anticipation of the Shine 3 coming out.

Shine 3 TKL are rumoured - have patience and a Shine 3 TKL will hopefully arrive soon :)

I resorted to ordering a YOTD one since I needed a TKL

IMSTO still has a few in stock, I just received mine =D =D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:15:29 »
YotD is great, but a little more expensive than a run of the mill TKL.

Offline chrishamilton

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:34:41 »
how much is YOTD? and link to sale?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:37:14 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:39:16 »
YotD is pretty much identical to the normal one, but it has funky looking "2012" in place of FGHJ and a some writing over the arrow cluster.  And for that, you pay a premium :(
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline chrishamilton

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:57:14 »
too expensive :/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:03:55 »
YotD is pretty much identical to the normal one, but it has funky looking "2012" in place of FGHJ and a some writing over the arrow cluster.  And for that, you pay a premium :(

It also has unique lighting modes, at least unique at the time.  I think Shine 3 has those now anyway.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:42:19 »
The YOTD is an excellent board, I'd recently scored one with Brown switch, and yes, I believe it has some additional lighting effects over the regular TKL ones. But, I think it's more prudent to wait for the Shine 3 TKL to be released. If you really need one asap, then try the Classified section, who knows, you might get lucky. Or, you can try here, 88USD for a DK9087 Shine 2 sounds like a decent deal to me:
http://global.pchome.com.tw/english/?mod=store&func=style_show&SR_NO=SBAE3W&tm=e

Someone in another forum had gotten a KB from this site, says it's quite reliable and shipping charges are decent....

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:20:23 »
I'm confused as to why they have some duckies at $88 and others at $135 on the same page there. If you can actually get that at $88 that's a fantastic price.

I've got an MX brown one with white backlighting that I could probably let go of for the $128 that the Chinese ones are going for on mechanicalkeyboards.com. I'm mostly sticking with my ergonomic keyboards anyways and probably should get rid of some of the ones that I don't use. If it interests you feel free to send me a message.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline musai

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:44:46 »
I'm confused as to why they have some duckies at $88 and others at $135 on the same page there. If you can actually get that at $88 that's a fantastic price.

I've got an MX brown one with white backlighting that I could probably let go of for the $128 that the Chinese ones are going for on mechanicalkeyboards.com. I'm mostly sticking with my ergonomic keyboards anyways and probably should get rid of some of the ones that I don't use. If it interests you feel free to send me a message.

well for one, they've been out of stock since forever, been checking for the last ~6 months, also the 88 $ ones are chinese, which most people don't want

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:55:17 »
If you look at the pics of those 88USD ones, you'd see Chinese characters on the keys, but they aren't intrusive as the Chinese characters are on the lower part of the key and quite unobtrusive. In another forum, a guy was saying he'd quite like it actually, made his KB different from others. Other than the Chinese characters, there's nothing else 'wrong' with it......ANSI layout as well. Seriously, for the price difference, I can deal with a minor niggle such as the Chinese characters.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:00:33 »
I love the Chinese characters.  That's how my Ducky was.  And I don't even speak Chinese.  At that price, I think I'm going to get another since I traded my first one.

Offline chrishamilton

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 00:46:51 »
Is that site trusted though? I'm kinda nervous about buying something from a site like that...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 00:54:01 »
Yes, it's good.  And shipping is fast.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:47:10 »
These aren't even Chinese characters.

They're Chinese phonetics. 99% of all Chinese can't read them. They do look cool, but have about the same function as Ivan's Cyrillic Tripleshots - just look cool, with very few real users.

I love the Chinese characters.  That's how my Ducky was.  And I don't even speak Chinese.  At that price, I think I'm going to get another since I traded my first one.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.