geekhack Marketplace > MechanicalKeyboards.com

Filco/ ONI TKL Aluminum Case - Black (Tex)

<< < (25/26) > >>

lunr:

--- Quote from: Delirious on Fri, 08 April 2016, 22:25:55 ---
--- Quote from: lunr on Fri, 08 April 2016, 21:56:03 ---
--- Quote from: Delirious on Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:20:37 ---Here it is, finally change the stock case for my 2012 Year of the Dragon Ducky. This keyboard is a bittersweet memory about a very nice person called Lin Taobao Agent. Once upon the time she was my go-to proxy then people had to be mean to her, all sort of nagging and Paypal charge-backs and she retired.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the pictures. I ended up hot gluing the daughter board for my v80 at the top just like yours. Didn't really like plugging the usb directly into the board.

--- End quote ---
Nice, the hot glue obviously is not adhesive at all toward the aluminum, but it creates enough friction so when sandwiched between bottom case and PCB, the daughter board stays in place firmly. I even dabble a few hot glue spots on the top side.

--- End quote ---

actually it adhesive really well. i couldn't even pull it off. maybe its the glue i used or something.

i wonder if there is anything non conductive i can put between the keyboard pcb and the metal bottom? seems really loud when i type.

Delirious:

--- Quote from: lunr on Sat, 09 April 2016, 12:27:21 ---actually it adhesive really well. i couldn't even pull it off. maybe its the glue i used or something.

i wonder if there is anything non conductive i can put between the keyboard pcb and the metal bottom? seems really loud when i type.

--- End quote ---

I actually embrace the loudness. With such a tight gap I think any shelf-liner would do the trick. 1 roll of shelf-liner from walmart/ikea could last you a good 30+ boards.

Akamig:

--- Quote from: techmattr on Tue, 05 April 2016, 16:22:22 ---
--- Quote from: 00zeRO on Tue, 05 April 2016, 10:42:00 ---
--- Quote from: techmattr on Tue, 05 April 2016, 09:25:34 ---Got my cases the other day. Still hoping to see that orange place holder go in stock  :blank:

Is there any elegant solution for securing a Phantom plate other than using some shims for foam? I thought about adding some stems with epoxy to screw the plate down but not sure how well that would hold long term.

--- End quote ---

Well,  we found  that once you crank the screws down on it it should  hold the plate in place

--- End quote ---

Yeah I can see that the more I tighten the more stable it gets. I don't want to over-tighten those bolts though. A user on Reddit posted a build log using something like neoprene that helped stabilize the plate. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4dggdu/building_a_phantom_fixing_a_g803700/

axtran also mentioned a material called Sorbothane which might be what was actually used in that post. I might give something like this a try as it looks like it'd improve the overall feel anyway.

--- End quote ---

Ah, for someone trying this, it was 3mm polyurethane foam sheet. thickness of sheet must be between 2.5mm~3mm,
if thinner than this, PCB will not fixed on case, and thicker than this, case won't shut.

http://www.amazon.com/Polyurethane-Open-Cell-Firmness-Adhesive-Thickness/dp/B003VYAXW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460392022&sr=8-1&keywords=urethane+sheet
I found sheet like this on amazon, but remember that size matters.

Data:

--- Quote from: 00zeRO on Mon, 28 March 2016, 13:41:00 ---
--- Quote from: Butter on Mon, 28 March 2016, 12:57:30 ---
--- Quote from: 00zeRO on Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:10:52 ---
--- Quote from: CommonCurt on Sun, 27 March 2016, 16:57:18 ---
--- Quote from: Venatorious on Sun, 27 March 2016, 13:31:12 ---I got the new case! pics incoming

--- End quote ---

Would really love to see the pics.   Just need to know for sure that this is the one that MK.com will be getting.

--- End quote ---

It is. We received a partial shipment and filled some orders already.

--- End quote ---

How is the MK Disco going to fit into this case? seeing the Disco have detachable cable. Is there hole in the case to for the usb breakout board?

--- End quote ---

The MK Disco fits very well and you don't need the daughter board since the new cases come with a cable which plugs directly into the keyboard.  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

I'm just now discovering the Disco.   :eek:  You say it works with this case?  That's awesome.  I assume the Disco has a USB daughterboard... correct?

axtran:
If you're building a Phantom in one of these, just buy 70 Duro, 0.10" Sorbothane from Amazon. You won't regret how good it is. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version