geekhack Marketplace > UKKeycaps

[MechSupply.co.uk] Devlin Novelty/Sampler Pack

<< < (5/5)

Bob:

--- Quote from: Pieminister on Sun, 25 September 2016, 03:26:07 ---Those double shot ones look interesting! I'd love to see a set of the SA style profile double shot as well.
This is some of the most interesting work happening in the community at the moment.

--- End quote ---

There is a double shot set of the SA style profile (K-series) coming: it's called Rad-Away (very similar to Nuclear Data) but it will be a Planck set only. Apparently Devlin don't have a mold for the 6.25u space bar in K-series, and they charge a lot (something like 10,000 British pounds, from memory) for creating new molds - so keep in mind that the custom double shots you see SP making will almost never happen with Devlin. The lambda doubleshot key that SP made was originally meant to be a group buy with Devlin, but it was just too expensive with them - I'm assuming that's why the lasered lambda was included in this sampler.

Edit: according to a later post by UKKeycaps pricing for new molds by Devlin is "4k+ for new key shape. £400 for custom legend blocks" Seems to me like novelties are somewhat cost effective provided you use an existing key shape and spread it across 200+ units, but a 6.25u space bar is still going to cost a bomb.

Pieminister:

--- Quote from: Bob on Wed, 28 September 2016, 01:32:52 ---
--- Quote from: Pieminister on Sun, 25 September 2016, 03:26:07 ---Those double shot ones look interesting! I'd love to see a set of the SA style profile double shot as well.
This is some of the most interesting work happening in the community at the moment.

--- End quote ---

There is a double shot set of the SA style profile (K-series) coming: it's called Rad-Away (very similar to Nuclear Data) but it will be a Planck set only. Apparently Devlin don't have a mold for the 6.25u space bar in K-series, and they charge a lot (something like 10,000 British pounds, from memory) for creating new molds - so keep in mind that the custom double shots you see SP making will almost never happen with Devlin. The lambda doubleshot key that SP made was originally meant to be a group buy with Devlin, but it was just too expensive with them - I'm assuming that's why the lasered lambda was included in this sampler.

--- End quote ---

That is some good info! Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version