geekhack Community > Keyboards

Is this a rubber dome board?

<< < (2/16) > >>

ruumis:

--- Quote from: Voixdelion;170867 ---And what qualifies a good rubber dome?  I was getting the idea that general opinion was that there was no such thing..
--- End quote ---

I dunno, the older Dell QuietKey boards (with the "plungers over rubber domes") are pretty solid. Not something I'd want to type on every day, but certainly workable for short-term situations where you need a decent typing experience without the noise of buckling springs...

wellington1869:
did some quick googling, keytronics get rave reviews on newegg and amazon. Some reviewers comparing it to the M (!), describing them as clicky, tactile, smooth. Also one review says keytronics domes are rated at 30 million strokes (!) (IIRC alps are only rated at 10 million).
Which just feeds my curiosity. Might pick one up on ebay or geeks.com.

ch_123:

--- Quote from: wellington1869;170880 ---did some quick googling, keytronics get rave reviews on newegg and amazon. Some reviewers comparing it to the M (!), describing them as clicky, tactile, smooth. Also one review says keytronics domes are rated at 30 million strokes (!) (IIRC alps are only rated at 10 million).
Which just feeds my curiosity. Might pick one up on ebay or geeks.com.
--- End quote ---

Logitechs get rave reviews. Microsoft "ergonomic" keyboards get rave reviews. 65% of computer users use XP. You get the idea...

I'm confused by this guy who goes on a large rant about being addicted to buying keyboards and then comes back to spend lots of money on **** keyboards. Oh well...

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: ch_123;170885 ---Logitechs get rave reviews. Microsoft "ergonomic" keyboards get rave reviews. 65% of computer users use XP. You get the idea...

I'm confused by this guy who goes on a large rant about being addicted to buying keyboards and then comes back to spend lots of money on **** keyboards. Oh well...
--- End quote ---

not sure $30 is "a lot of money". I wish i had a lot of money.

as for **** keyboards, I think the point being made is that not all domes/scissors are **** keyboards.

Voixdelion:
Are all key tronic boards having the same type of tech?  I was curious about whether the  trak101 would solve my M5-1 concerns   -  The keyboard would be a daily type fest, so ultimately that takes precedence over mousing added benefits.  Would it and my sanity be able to take the pounding of hours at a stretch muse inspirations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version