Author Topic: Faux Alligator Skin NO MORE GUYS THIS WAS EARLIER. I USE LAMPS IMPROPERLY (<)  (Read 2927 times)

Offline 111Blueangel911

• A Toast!
I bought a 56'' yard of black Croc skin on Amazon...  :cool:  I need help. First of all, will this be enough for 2 QFRs? Secondly, how do I apply the thing onto my board for life?
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:02:01 by 111Blueangel911 »
And that's all I got to say about that.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Faux Alligator Skin
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 14:12:07 »
Seems like that should be plenty.  As for application--not sure--does it have any glue on it already?  There must be some plastic / vinyl adhesive you can use.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Faux Alligator Skin
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 21:53:22 »
for prototyping your cut, i'd go with a starch-based water soluble adhesive like mod podge. for final application, what i'd do is get a pressure sensitive adhesive like krylon tack spray. the basic idea is that it can be a temporary or permanent adhesive depending on how long you let it sit on the vinyl before you apply it. if you spray and apply immediately, it's a temporary adhesive and will allow you to remove and reapply at will. if you leave it to dry for about 15 minutes, it becomes a permanent, pressure sensitive adhesive.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.