Author Topic: StarCraft II with GeekHack  (Read 165082 times)

Offline Haes

StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 30 June 2011, 13:22:36 »
Quote from: voltrons*lips;370658
Hey if you've never played Starcraft 1 or 2, is it pointless to join at this point?  Does SC2 come with a tutorial for people brand new to the game?

Is there a way for you tell me how many brand new/inexperienced people there are on the game finder?

BTW: Are you put at a disadvantage at all if you have a TKL keyboard?

no it isn't pointless because both games (incl. sc1 addon) are great games and one of the best rts games ever.
and yes both games have a tutorial for beginners. also the campaign has a learning curve which starts easy and
ends mediocre hard (depending of the difficulty level). plus you can define the difficulty level.
in sc2 you can even switch the difficulty level in each mission
and they are 2 ways to reach the final mission.

they are more than enough new inexperienced ppl in the bnet 2.0 and you can play 50 games in the practice league
before starting ladder qualification. after ladder qualification you'll be assign to a league and a devision.
every 10months or so the leagues will be restarted and you'll have to qualify again.
also sc2 is easier to master then sc1 and sc1 bw.

you see, it's never too late to start the game.

BTW:for the list

EU Server... Haestan.606  (i'm a plat/diamond protoss noob)
most of a time a play 2v2+ and sometimes 1v1 custom against plat, diamond or master.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2011, 13:25:04 by Haes »
Daily Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blue) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Future Gaming Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Red) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Favorite Switches: Cherry MX Blue > Cherry MX Red  > Cherry MX Ergo Clears > Cherry MX Black > Cherry MX Brown | Interessting in: Topre Realforce , Noppoo Choc Mini & KBC Poker[/COLOR]

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 06:03:22 »
Hey if you've never played Starcraft 1 or 2, is it pointless to join at this point?  Does SC2 come with a tutorial for people brand new to the game?

Is there a way for you tell me how many brand new/inexperienced people there are on the game finder?

It comes with a great campaign and challenges which will help you out a lot. You can also play against different levels of AI to work on builds etc...

Well, before you play properly, you get 50 practice games against newbies which could help you. I find that playing 10-15 to work out the hotkeys a bit are all they're useful for. In all honesty, when you do your placement games, you do NOT want to win them all. Get into bronze and work on from there onwards. Otherwise it's pointless 'cause you'll get steamrolled and it'll wind you up.

No, definitely not. I'm wanting to get a tenkeyless Filco as soon as possible. You don't need the keypad for SC2.

This game for me is the best RTS ever. Other than BW of course, but it's astounding.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #452 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 06:43:45 »
I wish Blizzard would come up with WC4.
I prefer the Warcraft series over SC, because they're lot more micro and action oriented.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline Hydroid

• http://justin.tv/hydr0id
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 10:06:55 »

SC2 hasn't even been released for a full year quite yet so its certainly not too late to join in. The Lleague and ladder system really helps allow a slower initiation into the game too. Once you get the basics down (took me about 20-30 games before I felt like I knew units, hotkeys and a comfortable control group layout) you'll be rolling the bronze league and can focus on getting better at the game, rather than just learning how do do what you want in the game. I'd highly recommend to anyone that they atleast give the game a chance. Some people I know played for a few months and gave up because they stopped trying to learn and got frustrated with being stuck in silver or gold. But others I know managed to make diamond in 2 months because they understood the game and just improved consistently.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Help me support and grow e-sports below!!!
What Happens in Starcraft -- Vlogs -- Twitter

Offline AndrewZorn

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 17:25:53 »
I would NOT play the practice games. Play the comp a couple of times, if you want, but the practice games in multiplayer are slowed WAAAY down and have different maps and should do nothing but confuse in the end.

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 01 July 2011, 21:54:08 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;371546
I would NOT play the practice games. Play the comp a couple of times, if you want, but the practice games in multiplayer are slowed WAAAY down and have different maps and should do nothing but confuse in the end.

That's true, I forgot to mention that in my last post. I played against the computer for about 10 games and then jumped right in online and skipped the practice games. That meant that I lost all my placements and the first 15 games on the ladder, but then I quickly picked up and started getting a better and better win rate.
Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz | Corsair H50 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Asus P7P55D-E Pro | Galaxy nVidia GeForce GTX 460 SLI
OCZ 60GB SSD | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracuda RAID-0 | Samsung Blu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX-850W | 2x BenQ G2420HD 24"

Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue | Ducky DK9008(B) Blue | Qsenn DT-35 Black PS/2 Rubber Dome |2x Razer Lycosa USB | Microsoft 500 PS/2

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 06:01:34 »
Question for you guys: how do you turn double click off in the game?  I don't like to click really fast then it auto select all of the units when I only wanted one.  I've already have windows double click set to the lowest so only the quickest double click will enable a double click in game.  However that's still not good enough.  I still select all my workers when I want one.

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 08:57:44 »
Is the double click issue only happening in starcraft2?
There are reports of some razer mice that sometimes do a double click instead of a single click. Could be a hardware issue, or you are trying to play faster than you can at the moment.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline RiGS

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 13:02:17 »
It is an issue of the omron microswitch. It's easy to fix it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2011, 13:05:55 by RiGS »

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 04 July 2011, 15:27:19 »
I may open my mouse up and see if I can mod that to my liking, however that link isn't my issue.  I just double click too fast and would like to disable it sc2.  If that's not possible, maybe in windows all together.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 05:26:46 »
Quote from: ripster;373147
At least I know RiGs reads my posts.

I wonder if Hungarians get Ducky puns?

I have that site bookmarked a long ago.
Actually I think you got this from me, I posted it on GH numerous times before.

Offline Oqsy

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 14 July 2011, 21:45:24 »
Rulz
[sigpic]Currently in use: Rosewill RK9000 and CH DT225[/sigpic]
"Private misfortunes make for public welfare."

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 00:56:03 »
Quote from: dante;380661
Is their any reason why you couldn't play SC2 with a KBC Poker?

Really just need escape to cancel via a key which can be your tilde. Lazy worker hotkey and fast access to menus but those all have ui buttons.

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 15 July 2011, 01:11:12 »
I play with a KBC poker and I love it!  I just keep the ESC key activated and moved some of my hotkeys around (which I had already done anyways).  For whatever reason I can find keys much quicker on my poker than with other larger format keyboards.  However, I would never want to use it for word processing.
rm -Rf /*

Offline Bry

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 09:55:20 »
Hello GH, I haven't had a whole lot of time to devote to SC lately but when I do, I spend about every spare minute on that game.

Orestes #533
I also hang around some of the Quakenet IRC rooms, mostly #day9tv, and in the past I've done some things with that community such as assisting some of my moderator friends in reviewing funday monday replays for the Day9 Daily.

So essentially, I'm that guy that spends 98% of his StarCraft time with community stuff, and watching streams and 2% of that time actually playing XD

I'm a Platinum Protoss by the way, but when I stopped laddering due to a lack of time to devote to the game, I was taking plenty of games off of high diamonds on ladder >:]

Edit, I guess I should also add that I'm on the NA server.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 12:34:59 by Bry »

last.fm | deviantART | SC2
Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Red | Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Brown | U9BLS - MX Brown

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #465 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 10:40:41 »
Quote from: sndstrm;380805
I play with a KBC poker and I love it!

Good to see that there are people who like to use a compact keyboard to play.

Offline Brink

« Reply #466 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 12:05:54 »
If the list is still being updated:

EU player here: Ever.237
Gold/Plat - Protoss

I play with the Razer Black Widow at the moment, and using the macro buttons for location-binds.

Offline pitashen

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 12:23:04 »
Just found out that Logitech G1 (1000 dpi Ver.) is still widely available in Asia. It seems it is still considered a good RTS mouse. I am using the good old M-BJ58 with 500Hz polling rate. Pretty happy with it except the rather low dpi.

http://global.pchome.com.tw/?mod=item&func=exhibit&IT_NO=DCAH02-A53788593&SR_NO=DCAH02&ROWNO=10&tm=u
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 13:02:35 by pitashen »
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline Tempy

« Reply #468 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 13:18:20 »
I'm Tempy, i ahve both NA and EU accounts, a masters protoss player (only around 140-ish ingame apm) I don't really get to play too often as i am ofteneither working or doing schoolwork, but if you see me on you guys should hit me up
Will post my codes when i am not at work lol
NA Tempy.815 (i think)
EU Tempy.301

i use my linear-r and a logitech g500 with a steelseries qck,
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 17:03:36 by Tempy »
Proud owner of a Filco TKL with Blues, Noppoo Choc Pro with Blues, Leopold 104 with Browns and a CoolerMaster QF with reds

Sc2 stats

Offline roknir

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 22:25:18 »
CKroknir.761 [NA]

I played SC:BW on and off since the first battlechest came out.  I've been playing SC2 since mid-beta.  I'm not nearly as good as I sound.  I'm a gold Zerg.

I'm all for getting stomped by people that are better than me though, so feel free to randomly message me for games.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 23:01:55 »
I'm Hashbaz.138, NA sever.  Been playing since the beta.  Played Broodwar before that, since its release.  Warcraft 2 before that.  I'm still terrible. :-|

Offline Tempy

« Reply #471 on: Wed, 20 July 2011, 09:09:18 »
so do we actually meet in the "GeekHack" channel? or is it two words?

maybe i'll pm the thread starter to update the list
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2011, 09:11:19 by Tempy »
Proud owner of a Filco TKL with Blues, Noppoo Choc Pro with Blues, Leopold 104 with Browns and a CoolerMaster QF with reds

Sc2 stats

Offline nasus

« Reply #472 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 18:50:33 »
Quote from: Tempy;383975
so do we actually meet in the "GeekHack" channel? or is it two words?

one word. I don't think it's case sensitive. come visit!

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #473 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 05:00:29 »
I played some good games against someone in the #geekhack channel on battlenet, would recommend hanging out there if you want some good games.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline Tempy

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 11:57:26 »
is it #geekhack? or just geekhack, i ahve seen nasus on there but like no one else, i got thrown back to diamond for having 1k bonus pool at the end of season 2, dont worry i'm going to play when i ahve time coming up >.> that star will be mine again!

Sc2 stats

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 16:56:23 »
FML I got demoted to platinum. Need to practice once again I guess.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #476 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 17:29:07 »
Quote from: Tempy;388170
is it #geekhack? or just geekhack, i ahve seen nasus on there but like no one else, i got thrown back to diamond for having 1k bonus pool at the end of season 2, dont worry i'm going to play when i ahve time coming up >.> that star will be mine again!

it's just geekhack, too used to irc when talking about channels. I'm in there after 4AM EST T-F cause that's when I get out of work, and during normal hours on Sun and Mon, though I don't really have much time to play Starcraft every day.

Yeah I think I have 1k bonus pool, so if that's the criteria for demotion, I guess I'm gonna be demoted even though I had like a 66% winrate season 2
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2011, 17:31:10 by speakeasy »
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #477 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 18:50:37 »
I'm frequently on bnet on weekdays in the 9:00pm - 1:00am PDT timeframe.  I'll start hanging out on the GH channel.

Offline Tempy

« Reply #478 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 22:36:20 »
nah it just shows how inactive i was, i'm pretty sure you want to be active in masters or well in any league, i have heard of a lot of funky promotions/demotions in season 3, i was demoted, by friend who hasn't played 1v1 in 2 months got promoted to masters, a diamond friend of mine got thrown back to plat, weird weird stuff

Sc2 stats

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #479 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 00:18:03 »
I haven't really played for the past two weeks and when I went back I was shocked at how much worse I was. I don't want to throw away what little ability I did have, but at the same time its quite disheartening to have been almost plat level and now suddenly be playing at silver level. :(

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #480 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 04:19:11 »
Played my placement match, won but stayed in gold league. Played another game against a gold leaguer who was slightly favored and won.

Word of advice to those in the lower leagues who want to advance, and feel that they're better than they're ranked due to previous RTS experience: just play off one base and roll all the ladder kiddies left and right. A lot of my losses (besides very early on due to simply not understanding the units and abilities of this game) prior to taking my break from StarCraft were due to letting people tech up/macro up for free because I didn't want to get a cheap win.

Screw that.

Punish all the people who blindly follow econ/tech builds that they read off the internet with early pressure and watch them fall apart and ragequit. A lot of people play really greedy openings that you'd be a fool not to take advantage of. In the lower leagues, just rush rush rush everyone, because if they aren't able to scout a rush and properly adjust their build, they shouldn't be in any league above silver, so don't feel bad.

[edit]besides, these crappy blizzard maps practically beg you to rush, so just keep doing it until blizzard realizes the mistake they made and releases more KeSPA style maps.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline Tempy

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 07:49:27 »
Quote from: speakeasy;388636
Played my placement match, won but stayed in gold league. Played another game against a gold leaguer who was slightly favored and won.

Word of advice to those in the lower leagues who want to advance, and feel that they're better than they're ranked due to previous RTS experience: just play off one base and roll all the ladder kiddies left and right. A lot of my losses (besides very early on due to simply not understanding the units and abilities of this game) prior to taking my break from StarCraft were due to letting people tech up/macro up for free because I didn't want to get a cheap win.

Screw that.

Punish all the people who blindly follow econ/tech builds that they read off the internet with early pressure and watch them fall apart and ragequit. A lot of people play really greedy openings that you'd be a fool not to take advantage of. In the lower leagues, just rush rush rush everyone, because if they aren't able to scout a rush and properly adjust their build, they shouldn't be in any league above silver, so don't feel bad.

[edit]besides, these crappy blizzard maps practically beg you to rush, so just keep doing it until blizzard realizes the mistake they made and releases more KeSPA style maps.

yeah... i do not agree with that at all unless it is pvp, the key to getting better is learning to macro, i'm pretty sure i can get to diamond easily by just macroing, no build order gimmicks , pure unadulterated macro, and frankly macroing on one base is not hard

with that mindset i would be surprised if you get to high diamond (unless you are protoss and 4 gate, i could see that getting to high diamond, even after that "nerf")

and i would even say that lower leagues are more dominated by 1 base play, and that if you play and learn macro style will win you more games than 1 base vs 1 base...

Sc2 stats

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #482 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 09:29:39 »
Valid points on both speakeasy and Tempy.  I'm a silver leaguer that enjoys watching a ton of matches and a friend of mine loves to try to help me get better although it's harder to implement that into actual gameplay.  Speakeasy speaks truth about lower levels "falling apart" and it's true at times I feel like I'm not sure what to do come mid game vs an opponent and it gets frustrating because I feel like I should know what to do.  I've watched enough games and played SC1 and SC2 for a long time and after each game I am always like damn, I should've done this or that.  I play zerg and I find I can get my macro up pretty well doing a FE and get a fair amount of units out, yet when it comes to playing vs Terran, the marine + tank always seems to get me no matter how good my economy is.  It's usually b/c I forget to do a number of things like scout properly, or get the right units to counter the tanks/marines etc etc.  Anyway, I used to do the roach bust a lot to get a few wins under my belt but other times I also just FE and try to macro and learn how to be reactive.  Both ways to me are okay b/c I am learning fundamentals and whatever else in each style of gameplay.

Offline Tempy

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 09:54:41 »
the game is about macro,scouting and knowing how to react. it takes many number of games to know how to react to the limitless possibilies your opponent can execute. However, even if you know what to do, if you cannot improve your macro, you will not advance in leagues, only in higher diamond would i start to worry about micro

Sc2 stats

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #484 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 17:52:53 »
There's more than one way to get to higher leagues. Someone people have gotten to masters using 3 rax all ins, some people have gotten to masters macroing out an army comp of just stalkers.

I'm just tired of people saying the game is about macro. The game is whatever the metagame dictates the game is about. And in the lower leagues, if people are going to blindly tech rush and fast expand, you'd better punish them for it. I can't understand why anyone, including zergs, should get a free expansion if they don't know how to defend it properly. Why play a 20 minute game when you can play 3 7 minute games in about the same time span? Or even worse, a 40 minute TvT where you're playing from behind the whole game because your opponent opened greedily and you didn't punish them for it? What's the point getting into a macro contest against someone with a non-viable greedy opening? You can play standard, and they will have a better economy/better tech than you because you didn't hit their early wide open timing window. Are you supposed to be expected to outmacro someone with a greedy opening? How is your macro supposed to improve then?

My macro is already pretty decent from Broodwar, and this game makes it so much easier with automining, multiple buildings on one hotkey, MULEs, calldown supplies, etc.

If your macro is already at a decent level, I feel it's better to get to the higher leagues where play is already more standard and start macroing once you're playing opponents who play similarly. Otherwise, it's a lot less stressful to just rush people. Plus, you're doing them a favor by forcing them to learn how to scout, adapt and hold early pushes.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline Tempy

« Reply #485 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 19:58:16 »
hitting timing windows isn't important if you macro well... thats the point, if you have better macro than your opponent, even if they are greedy in opening if your macro is better you will still win. you are confusing hitting timing attacks with making units, the two need to go together... making units and workers is important no matter what level you are at, all i'm saying is that at the less than platinum level you really shouldn't have a build where you cut workers.

you can keep your opinions speakeasy, i don't need to defend myself because i'm already in the "higher" leagues.

Sc2 stats

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 23:13:42 »
Tempy which of your keyboards do u prefer for sc

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #487 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 23:34:56 »
Quote from: Tempy;389071
hitting timing windows isn't important if you macro well... thats the point, if you have better macro than your opponent, even if they are greedy in opening if your macro is better you will still win. you are confusing hitting timing attacks with making units, the two need to go together... making units and workers is important no matter what level you are at, all i'm saying is that at the less than platinum level you really shouldn't have a build where you cut workers.

you can keep your opinions speakeasy, i don't need to defend myself because i'm already in the "higher" leagues.

Congratulations? You don't need to defend yourself because my original post never applied to you, no need for you to take offense to it, has nothing to do with your rank.

I don't believe I've said anything that was untrue. All I'm saying is that you can get to higher leagues doing this. As an example, someone even offraced as terran and made it to #1 Masters in 2 days this way. The game is simply too young and undeveloped for people to say there is already a proper way to play the game.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline pitashen

« Reply #488 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 11:51:39 »
Quote from: dante;389397
Out of curiosity I've noticed that the minimum system requirements have Windows XP while in the "recommended" specs its absent.

Why would XP get eliminated from the recommended specs?

No idea. But you will do just fine with WindowsXP
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #489 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 17:11:13 »
Quote from: dante;389397
Out of curiosity I've noticed that the minimum system requirements have Windows XP while in the "recommended" specs its absent.

Why would XP get eliminated from the recommended specs?

If I had to venture a guess, it probably has something to do with the lack of directx 10 support on win xp
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #490 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 18:22:42 »
Used to be master toss in NA and no time to play anymore since starting selling keyboard.

May be back to SC2 later and start laddering again When BLZ fix toss!
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #491 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 22:34:00 »
Quote from: qtan5370;389624
Used to be master toss in NA and no time to play anymore since starting selling keyboard.

May be back to SC2 later and start laddering again When BLZ fix toss!

lol, protoss is dominating these days in the pro scene.  Perhaps it's time to come out of retirement qtan. :)

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #492 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 00:06:10 »
so far in MLG it seems like Koreans have taken Terran to the next level. Damn! Go ZERG!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #493 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 00:08:18 »
Quote from: Aznguyen316;389765
so far in MLG it seems like Koreans have taken Terran to the next level. Damn! Go ZERG!

Indeed.  How did hellions suddenly get so good? :D

Offline Tempy

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 08:14:29 »
i like all of them for sc2? the plu determinately works, and the blues are seriously the most fun to type on. but strictly for sc2 i would pick the red switches. that being said i am selling my reds because the blues are just too much fun as a daily driver lol

Sc2 stats

Offline Index

« Reply #495 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 12:44:03 »
Guess what? Im at mlg anaheim 2011 in the audience for sc2 mainstage.
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #496 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 16:28:28 »
Damn, I'm jealous! I did enjoy tuning in for the GSL finals yesterday though. I'm a big NesTea fan so yeah wouldn't miss his games for anything.

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #497 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 17:07:29 »
Anyone from europe, I'm a silver zerg looking for anyone to practise with.

Eragon 657

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #498 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 17:49:32 »
I'm a Silver Protoss from NA. I'm looking for much better players than I to practice with. I would like to vastly improve.

MikeShredder.682

(Thinking of using my name change to make it Waterdr1nker...ya?)
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline Hydroid

« Reply #499 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 00:14:54 »
Quote from: dante;390225
Do you guys think it's possible for someone to be truly great at SC using a trackball?  I really enjoy my trackball but sometimes there is some "doubt" that it would handicap a player somehow.

I used to use a trackball way back when. But I didn't really like it. I do find that I get more speed and accuracy with a regular mouse.

@waterdr1nker - yeah I too would like to find better players to play against. I'm a gold zerg with NA and SEA accounts...pretty bad at the game though.