Author Topic: StarCraft II with GeekHack  (Read 164816 times)

Offline viasacra89

Re: StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #700 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 11:23:40 »
|Filco MJ2 TKL Browns|

Offline M0rph3us

« Reply #701 on: Sun, 22 July 2012, 20:27:51 »
I'm very out of practice, but I'd be down to play with some people and get back into RTS more. I only stopped playing because of lack of people to play with.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1159860/1/Brentiss/

Offline nar

« Reply #702 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 02:29:29 »
I added both of you two.

For future reference, anyone can add themselves to the division by clicking on Manage characters. You only need to be the owner of the division to remove someone.
Its just a handy list to keep track of all the GH SC2 players.

Main thing is hang out in the Geekhack chatroom on SC2.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #703 on: Mon, 23 July 2012, 20:08:59 »
welp. i'll be joining the starcraft ranks soon when my copy arrives. It's one of the main reasons i got this new keyboard too. Can't wait to play. I was honestly intrigued by Destiny's stream when hearing all that clicking and clacking from his DAS. Glad I found mechanicals again.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #704 on: Wed, 25 July 2012, 17:11:28 »
Hi guys!
I've been playing SC2 for a year now. It is my first RTS. I started playing as protoss and then switched to zerg and never regreted it. I'm a low Diamond level zerg and a platinum level protoss.
ID: Omnipotent.692 (Zerg)

Hi! Impressive. I've played RTS since Dune 2 and can't make it past gold league, mostly due to mechanics. ;)

Offline kwstas

• dreamweaver.gr
« Reply #705 on: Thu, 26 July 2012, 07:07:19 »
that's great stuff!

Offline Kronen

« Reply #706 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 11:22:40 »
Kronen.965 here :-).  Plat-Dia zerg here.  Been working my way up through the leagues for a couple months now.  This game actually was the impetus for getting a mechanical keyboard in the first place.

I'm always up for games! PM me anytime
Interested in some O-Rings? Try mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33329.0

Offline Kronen

« Reply #707 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 11:25:04 »
Also, if you're new and looking to improve, I can't recommend enough FilterSC on youtube and TheJakatak method and stream.  Both those guys are really good and helpful.  Opened my eyes to a whole new level of benchmarking my play.
Interested in some O-Rings? Try mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33329.0

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #708 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 06:22:46 »
Also, if you're new and looking to improve, I can't recommend enough FilterSC on youtube and TheJakatak method and stream.  Both those guys are really good and helpful.  Opened my eyes to a whole new level of benchmarking my play.

will def look into this. I'm rather new to RTS genre and have started tinkering with the mechanics and all that. I'm wondering is people actually modify their keybinds from what the default is though.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline Kronen

« Reply #709 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 07:04:30 »
Filter's stuff can be found at these sites: http://www.youtube.com/filterschttp://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=330787

It's the more comprehensive program designed to get you to diamond with some efficiency

Jakatak is here: http://www.twitch.tv/thejakatak

Jakatak's build is great to practice good macro habits, and can get you to diamond.  Basically it's a fun thing to do that doesn't require as much thought or strategy, but makes you develop good habits with econ and macro management.  I use it to warm up fingers before sessions and also to cool off at the end of the day if I want to play a couple games before bed, but don't want to get the adrenaline spike.

Offline NSMarkop

• Cuber.US
« Reply #710 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 17:45:29 »

will def look into this. I'm rather new to RTS genre and have started tinkering with the mechanics and all that. I'm wondering is people actually modify their keybinds from what the default is though.

In terms of hotkeys it really is about what is comfortable to you. From what I gather, the standard hotkeys are good for someone switching from Brood War but they aren't very efficient.

If you go to edit your hotkeys in game, you'll see that two other options offered are Grid and Modified Grid - both of these are imo a lot better than the default (I use Grid) and they are a bit easier to get used to.

However, you can go farther and specialize your hotkeys completely if you want to go for something that is "optimal" for you; Artosis just released a video concerning hotkeys (
) and there is also a project going on called "TheCore" which offers optimized layouts depending on race, mouse grip, etc. ( http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=341878 ). Go for what feels best for you because being able to move quickly for long periods of time can be extremely helpful once you get more experienced.

Don't think your hotkeys will make you a pro overnight though, working on your mechanics/macro is much more important. I've learned from FilterSC's tutorials that Kronen mentioned and I definitely recommend them for you to understand how important it is to set benchmarks and focus on macro - unit control (micro) comes in later.

Offline Kronen

« Reply #711 on: Wed, 01 August 2012, 16:24:16 »
 :o AHHHHHHH!!!  yayayayay!!!!    ;D  :D ;D :P ;D ;D

1066-0

After months and months of working, I finally got placed into diamond!!  Now I get to have my wife buy me that annoying Jinx t-shirt!!

aaaaahhhh... KK having some scotch!!!  Screw it if it's only 5:30.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #712 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 13:56:38 »

(Attachment Link)

After months and months of working, I finally got placed into diamond!!  Now I get to have my wife buy me that annoying Jinx t-shirt!!

Congrats!

What a cool thing to see on your screen, by the way! I've never even got my platinum one (though I've got my gold one twice ;)). Looking forward to playing again. Hah. You keep the notes on a second screen or something like that? I had my builds printed and glued to an unused second monitor.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #713 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 14:47:04 »

(Attachment Link)

Grats! I've lost all hope in moving up from diamond = ( Too much rage.

Anyone hating the new UI in 1.5?
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #714 on: Thu, 02 August 2012, 20:42:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Grats! I've lost all hope in moving up from diamond = ( Too much rage.

Anyone hating the new UI in 1.5?

I'm not a fan of the UI at all and overall, the patch. A lot of things that are game-related ended up broken because of the patch.

The only good thing that came out of the patch yesterday was this little gem:

http://www.twitch.tv/sawesc/b/327123951

Otherwise, I'd rather see the old layout where everything still worked fine and I had my Stronger Team Color mod.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 06 August 2012, 06:24:47 »
Ahahaha nice victory dance.

My favourite thing about the patch is the workers going all the way around the nexus/cc/hatch instead of the shortest path.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #716 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 11:07:40 »
Started playing SC2 again....hit me up if anyone wants to practice =)  Also, are there any new strats I've missed since 2-3 months ago?  New playing styles or anything?  I'm Toss main, but mostly play random in multiplayer.

Info:  GGbrO.704 / Career Diamond 1's and multiplayer

Can a mod or the OP update my character info?  I changed it since then...

Offline wcstick

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 14:20:11 »
Just started again after a five-month hiatus. I feel the need to use my keyboard because it feels so good and Starcraft is a keyboard-intensive game. Anyway, I used to be gold but I'm more of a silver player. Add the fact that I like to mess around and I'm pretty much silver. Main is Protoss but I alternate with Zerg. I prefer team games (3s mostly).

Evocrazy.343

Offline Okita

« Reply #718 on: Sun, 19 August 2012, 18:26:44 »
My name is OKITA on bnet. You may or may not find me in reddit or teamliquid channels :D

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #719 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 14:47:10 »
We should get another stream tourney up again :)

Offline Rumudiez

« Reply #720 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 20:33:11 »
Only if it's not double-elimination-5-day-long-single-elimination-finals. Yeah? yeah.
40% layout, anyone?

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #721 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 22:26:34 »
Well, I'm CKTofu.398 . Also, I suck. I used to be less mediocre than I am now, though...

EDIT:
I'm very out of practice, but I'd be down to play with some people and get back into RTS more. I only stopped playing because of lack of people to play with.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1159860/1/Brentiss/
What race do you play? I'd love to have people to play with.

EDIT2: I've finally started getting back into it. At this rate I'll be back out of bronze and closer to where I should be soon!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 23:53:22 by CKTofu »
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline nolliepoper

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 00:31:00 »
1v1 Diamond Protoss. Played BW, SC2 beta and still play WoL actively but sad I have not been invited into the HoTS beta... yet.
nolliepoper:830
Filco MJ2 TKL (Brown)
¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Johan

« Reply #723 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 14:07:17 »
I, Im derp. 167, I play Zerg in Eu. Feel free to message me!
Uh, stuff.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #724 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 14:45:19 »
Someone teach me how to play -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
StarCraft II with GeekHack
« Reply #725 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 18:33:21 »
Boost! What race do you play? I can help if you play Zerg.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:19:51 »
been playing since the WoL beta and now 'playing' the HotS beta... I'm a plat protoss who probally should be in dia but I'm too lazy...

I'd post a link to my main acc but I can't becasue I got a new phone and lolauthenticator reset .... ugh

BALDGYE
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 October 2012, 05:10:59 by baldgye »

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #727 on: Sat, 24 November 2012, 22:19:44 »
grebnesorr 905 NA, dropped from masters this season from lack of games... T.T
-wd

Offline nodicaL

« Reply #728 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 06:52:28 »
Quite new to StarCraft 2 just started playing a little while ago.  Just working on my macro at the moment since everyone seems to say that is the most important aspect of SC2.
Haven't even played my placement matches, but really enjoying playing against my friends in Customs.

Server: AM
ID: nodicaL.674

Offline MPAIznogood

« Reply #729 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 08:07:09 »
MPAIznogood #728 on both EU and NA

The proud founder of clan MPA ( Minutes Per Action ). Almost all 70+ members are over 30 years old and our oldest so far, is 61. We range from casual gamers, Bronze to Masters league. Some prefer teamgames, others just play customs but most are into 1v1 . Check out our website www.mpastarcraft.org , look us up on our chat channel mpa in game or add me for a chat / game. Plat Protoss myself.

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #730 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 00:04:54 »
Pain.525 for NA
Don't play much but seems fun with geekhackers spamming there keyboards while playing.

Offline scytheR

« Reply #731 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 03:28:11 »
1v1 masters Protoss, currently rank 30-35ish, anyone wanna verse me I'm scytheR.248

EDIT: I'm on North American server :)
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB