Author Topic: [IC] GMK ReForged  (Read 42408 times)

Offline fatboycarney

[IC] GMK ReForged
« on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:34:23 »

driftingbunnies designed it, I love it, lets get it made!!

Kits - Updated

Anvil (Base Kit)

Forgemaster's Kit (Novelties)

Molten Alphas - includes extra Tab to allow you to fill out 2 boards with Anvil and Molten

Deskmat

Cables
Dark

Light

Renders
Thanks to S61 and endjy for the renders on the upcoming AXE 60

Thanks to Abec13 for the renders
Austin - by driftingbunnies

Iron165 by Smith + Rune

Thanks to Kingk22 for renders
TX 60 and TX66 by TX Keyboards

Artisans

More to come

Vendors

US - Mekibo
China - ZFrontier
SEA - iLumkb
Oceania - Daily Clack
Japan - Basekeys
Philippines - Zion Studios

Thanks
driftingbunnies for letting me give this set another shot. Lets make this happen!!
OCM for these amazing novelties and deskmat
Kingk22 and Abec13 for the amazing renders from the previous IC/GB and the new kits
Mochis Cables for listening to my idea, and making it reality
Konstantin for his kitting knowledge, willingness to share, and being a joy to work with
Roche for always being there to bounce stuff off and being a great friend
Everyone in the discord, instagram and all the artisan community who have supported me from Copper and continue to do so, you are all are amazing

Socials

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 October 2021, 09:52:37 by fatboycarney »

Offline Kinesiologist

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:40:05 »
this could go really well with iron180 :D

Offline mta

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:40:13 »

Offline Owl

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:40:21 »
Looks great! Those cables especially are to die for. Love the weathered look.

Offline KevenKeys

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:41:14 »

LMAO. This set looks great on that Austin!

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:43:15 »
Heck yeah! I bought this right when it opened on the first go around, and I'm going to buy this again. Such a great set, glad to see it coming back for another try.
ThocKeys.com

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:49:52 »
Hook 'em!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 21:54:21 »
Carney, you make, I buy.

Actually...if donut cat cables ran back the -original- GMK forge Id still buy that too...

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 22:29:23 »
The sweet sweet nerd in me SCREAMS for this. Dungeons and Dragons, Diablo, anything else that falls in between.

What a home run.  :eek:

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 22:40:16 »
No R2 1.75u backspace to go with the R3 1.5u enter?  :cool:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 23:01:03 »
No R2 1.75u backspace to go with the R3 1.5u enter?  :cool:
I saw this and was like wait what, I did that I am sure I did, well I did in the KLE but left out the 1.5 and then it ended up being a 1.5, will fix for updated render after I make sure I didnt mess anything else up  :p

And thanks as always, I know I can count on you!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 23:10:34 »
Just wanted to post something early I saw form the feedback forms (thanks for the feedback so far much appreciated) since I dont know who posted the comment, first thanks very much!

To speak to what they raised, having Alice bars in the base adds cost, however eliminating the spacebar kit (if thats how it goes, is beneficial) To compensate for that I removed accent ISO and num Enter, big keys that I hope offset the spacebar cost. I am really interested in seeing what this quotes at, but will also be watching feedback closely!

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 23:19:20 »
I'm in. Let's do this.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 00:42:27 »
Can you consider adding accent arrows to the base kit? About the novelties, it would be ideal to have another 2 different R3 and R4 1u novelties to cover pgdn and end (or pgup + pgdn or whatever macro keys put there in 65/75% layout) due to the current 3 different R4 keys (double-edged axe, axe and helmet) are repeated and already used to cover control and alt in 1.5u, 1.25u and 1u. An ISO enter novelty would be great as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 March 2021, 00:44:50 by nvh2092 »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 01:03:46 »
Can you consider adding accent arrows to the base kit? About the novelties, it would be ideal to have another 2 different R3 and R4 1u novelties to cover pgdn and end (or pgup + pgdn or whatever macro keys put there in 65/75% layout) due to the current 3 different R4 keys (double-edged axe, axe and helmet) are repeated and already used to cover control and alt in 1.5u, 1.25u and 1u. An ISO enter novelty would be great as well.

Thanks for that feedback, I was considering this when expanding the novelties kit from the OG run, and if feedback continues to trend will try and do so, as you can tell I started to run out of options.

Also consider accent arrows added back, I prefer them and sort of tried a little experiment to see how that would go over without them, and a number of forms have asked for the them back, so consider it done.  :thumb:

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 01:05:48 »
Great base kit  :thumb:
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 01:59:03 »
Carney, why do you do these things to me?

*Adds to watch list*

Offline Capsy

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 08:20:16 »
Yay forge

Offline Starius

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 10:32:01 »

Gonna look great on the AXE 60 too. 😁

:thumb:

Offline norb

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 10:59:30 »
bruh! yes!

if you could sneak in an accent iso enter into the novelties that would be great. either way, i'm in!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 15:01:49 »

Thanks for that feedback, I was considering this when expanding the novelties kit from the OG run, and if feedback continues to trend will try and do so, as you can tell I started to run out of options.

Also consider accent arrows added back, I prefer them and sort of tried a little experiment to see how that would go over without them, and a number of forms have asked for the them back, so consider it done.  :thumb:
About the novelties, I suggest replace all R4 keys to another 3 different designs since these 3 are already used from R1 to R3. I can only hope you consider this because I always buy novelties in any keycap GBs.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 19:28:28 »
this is like a darker gmk copper, neat
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 08 March 2021, 21:29:05 »
Looks great! Those cables especially are to die for. Love the weathered look.
Mochis cables are amazing, they really are, I have the Iron one they did after the GB and it is amazing, so glad to get this cable made

Show Image

This is just so fitting  ;D

About the novelties, I suggest replace all R4 keys to another 3 different designs since these 3 are already used from R1 to R3. I can only hope you consider this because I always buy novelties in any keycap GBs.
I am totally open to this, would have to come up with some things, I will keep an eye on overall feedback and interest, then take it from there, open to anyone throwing out suggestions for other 1u Novs in the meantime
Heck yeah! I bought this right when it opened on the first go around, and I'm going to buy this again. Such a great set, glad to see it coming back for another try.
Yeah i was devastated when this set was cancelled like a lot of other people, lets do it this time!

Carney, you make, I buy.

Actually...if donut cat cables ran back the -original- GMK forge Id still buy that too...
Hahaha thank you as always for the support
I'm in. Let's do this.
Indeed lets do this
Carney, why do you do these things to me?

*Adds to watch list*
Perfect, sorry not sorry (its ok I am Canadian so I can say that a lot)

Will look great on Iron180, looks amazing on the Austin (by driftingbunnies - hate that i missed that board) and AXE 60 lets get this set made!

bruh! yes!

if you could sneak in an accent iso enter into the novelties that would be great. either way, i'm in!
This might be how I handle the lack of accent ISO enter in base, I am just going to put it out here now the focus I think on kitting really needs to be all about protecting the base kit. And what I mean by that is to keep it as cheap as possible and still meeting physical functionality. This is the reason for the inclusion of Alice bars. However I am still seeing a number of spacebar kit requests so those could move back to the spacebar kit to really make this base as cheap as we can get it. The mission is to get the set made.
The sweet sweet nerd in me SCREAMS for this. Dungeons and Dragons, Diablo, anything else that falls in between.

What a home run.  :eek:
Nerd  :p
Yay forge
Capsy is in,  :thumb:
Hook 'em!
Ah funny I had a Texas Longhorns hat as a teenager, and  I am Canadian, its that colour!!
Great base kit  :thumb:
Thanks interested, is it the Alice bars? Would really like to hear feedback on how many want that and how many dont care?
this is like a darker gmk copper, neat
I cannot wait to get the 2 sets side by side, lets go!  :thumb:

Offline Reebes

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 10:23:40 »
This is so cool. The question is will I still be playing Valhiem by the time it hits GB... hmmm

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 19:44:33 »
This is so cool. The question is will I still be playing Valhiem by the time it hits GB... hmmm
Thanks very much, Fingers crossed but interesting tie in I hadnt even thought of

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 20:33:55 »
That oxide rust colorway  :D

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 15:15:31 »
YES!!! I am So pumped to see this set come back. I have been wanting this since i saw the original IC last year. Can't wait!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 20:36:47 »
Just want to post a PSA, if you are really interested in this set like I am, please fill in the IC. Since this set had some struggles in the past we really need to see a good turnout for support, if you have friends that want this set, or cats or dogs, if they are buying, please have them fill out the IC form  :p

Thanks lets get this made!!

Offline Psyoshi

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 21:19:56 »
Someone clearly rolls Dwarf Barb lol, love the set man.

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 22:43:35 »
Finally! was interested with the original IC. So glad to see ReForged!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 23:16:14 »
Someone clearly rolls Dwarf Barb lol, love the set man.
Thank you so much!  :thumb:
That oxide rust colorway  :D
Gotta love rust and orange and fire!  :eek:
YES!!! I am So pumped to see this set come back. I have been wanting this since i saw the original IC last year. Can't wait!
Amazing thanks so much for the support, fellow Orange fan!  ;D
Finally! was interested with the original IC. So glad to see ReForged!
Thanks so much love seeing all the previous fans come out to support! Forge had an impressive following for sure!

Offline Schmack

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 22:48:57 »
driftingbunnies did a really good job on this one! I wanna see this!  ;D

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 23:10:44 »
You are damn right he did, and I want to see it to!!! Thanks for the support!  :thumb: Lets get it made!

Offline chayu

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 08:20:34 »
Super stoked for Forge’s comeback! When it was originally in IC, I had a cable made to match this set, and a board Cerakoted (still waiting on this). I also have blue and orange switches and orange stabilizers prepared. Just need this set to happen!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 21:29:26 »
Super stoked for Forge’s comeback! When it was originally in IC, I had a cable made to match this set, and a board Cerakoted (still waiting on this). I also have blue and orange switches and orange stabilizers prepared. Just need this set to happen!

Thank you for sharing, thats awesome, lets get it made!!! This set certainly has a loyal following and hopefully picking up new ones! Feedback has been great but keep it coming!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 20:53:16 »

Guess you were right  :thumb:

And check out the Axe 60 IC and thanks to the team for the fantastic render!! More to come soon!!

Offline Starius

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 15:35:37 »
Oooooh yeah, that’s the stuff! 😁

Offline fatboycarney

Added more AXE 60 renders and Digital Carpentry wrist rests both in OP

Offline fatboycarney

Just a small update, new basekit renders coming, and a new novelties render coming with a couple additional options and trimmed and focused kit.

I also wanted to comment on a few of the feedback points, one being losing accent ISO/numpad, I really hate doing this but for this set I am really focused on keeping cost down to make sure this makes MOQ but maximizing board support. There have been some great requests for additional keys to be added but at this point they are unlikely to keep the kit where it needs to be as the sole focus is to get this made. I will also not hesitate to make further changes once we have quotes back from GMK down the line (this would be more toward removal vs addition)

Hope everyone understands and wanted to share my rational. 

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - Kits updated
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:37:57 »
Base kit and novelty kit have been updated, very interested in feedback, thanks!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 16:31:07 »
Base kit and novelty kit have been updated, very interested in feedback, thanks!
I think you should either remove these 2 from R4 or replace them with another novelty in 1.25 and 1.5u. Will we see novelties for ISO enter?

Offline norb

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 17:09:11 »
i don't wanna be that guy but maybe lose one arrow cluster in the main kit if you're still looking to strip down costs. accent arrows are totally fine with me personally.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 18:46:32 »
I think you should either remove these 2 from R4 or replace them with another novelty in 1.25 and 1.5u. Will we see novelties for ISO enter?

Serious question can you tell me why?

ISO nov is open for consideration. Would love to hear a few more people request it
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 18:49:38 by fatboycarney »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 09:47:17 »
i don't wanna be that guy but maybe lose one arrow cluster in the main kit if you're still looking to strip down costs. accent arrows are totally fine with me personally.

Thanks for the suggestion, at this time "I think" the kit looks pretty reasonable and pricing can come in at a good point, of course once quotes come back things can be changed so this might be one to consider, although many may not like the accent so having only accent arrows in base might be more risky. Possibly moving accent to novelty kit is another option as well. But we will wait til we get there to start making any decisions

Offline norb

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 12:51:19 »

Thanks for the suggestion, at this time "I think" the kit looks pretty reasonable and pricing can come in at a good point, of course once quotes come back things can be changed so this might be one to consider, although many may not like the accent so having only accent arrows in base might be more risky. Possibly moving accent to novelty kit is another option as well. But we will wait til we get there to start making any decisions

reasonable!
regarding the iso novelty, would love to have one! how about a forging hammer? something like this:

right now we have two axes, or is one of them supposed to be a hammer? to me it looks like an axe  ;D

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 14:57:02 »

ISO nov is open for consideration. Would love to hear a few more people request it
Those 2 are already in R1 and R2 and they serve different functions. Have them in R4 for Control/Alt/Super is repetitive and not very logical imo.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 21:48:13 »

Those 2 are already in R1 and R2 and they serve different functions. Have them in R4 for Control/Alt/Super is repetitive and not very logical imo.

Thanks just wanted to see your thinking, I guess the issue I always find with novelties is people use them in different places, some like the bottom row and some like the columns, as part of the layout I was trying to give a variety to everyone.
Also on a 60 percent not having the axe/hammer on the bottom row means novs cant be used, as they dont have a column for novs. (see the Axe renders above)

So would the addition of a novelty at R2 (shield) make more sense, then for those using novelties everywhere could do
Fire
Shield
Helmet
then Axe/Hammer/Tongs combo of 1.25u/1.5u depending on layout?

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 March 2021, 21:54:56 by fatboycarney »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 06:17:56 »

Thanks just wanted to see your thinking, I guess the issue I always find with novelties is people use them in different places, some like the bottom row and some like the columns, as part of the layout I was trying to give a variety to everyone.
Also on a 60 percent not having the axe/hammer on the bottom row means novs cant be used, as they dont have a column for novs. (see the Axe renders above)

So would the addition of a novelty at R2 (shield) make more sense, then for those using novelties everywhere could do
Fire
Shield
Helmet
If I'm not wrong, the majority of the community is 65/75s. If this is the case, people will want different novelties for their macro column and for their R4 mod keys. Having different novelties for R4 Control/Alt/Super will not only benefit the 75/75s but also 60s users as well. I do believe that they who purchase GMK key sets generally own more than 1 keyboards and more than 1 layout. I've been seeing more and more novelty kits which have different keys in macro columns and in R4 Control/Alt/Super. My view could be wrong tho.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 19:48:41 »

Fire
Shield
Helmet
If I'm not wrong, the majority of the community is 65/75s. If this is the case, people will want different novelties for their macro column and for their R4 mod keys. Having different novelties for R4 Control/Alt/Super will not only benefit the 75/75s but also 60s users as well. I do believe that they who purchase GMK key sets generally own more than 1 keyboards and more than 1 layout. I've been seeing more and more novelty kits which have different keys in macro columns and in R4 Control/Alt/Super. My view could be wrong tho.
Thanks a lot appreciate all your feedback. I guess what I was saying while some caps are duplicated there are different ones as well for the macro column.
And to be honest, I didnt have any more ideas I really liked for additional novelties. Would love suggestions from everyone and would totally consider adding.

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 00:47:27 »
Very happy to see the set get another chance. I'm also pumped to see 40's support, thanks!