Author Topic: Android phone freakish behavior  (Read 3137 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Android phone freakish behavior
« on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 21:26:27 »
I have an Android phone, a Google Pixel 3

Recently, when I turn it off and plug it in to recharge, it turns itself back on. WTF?

Another issue, that might possibly be related, is that there is now some sort of female robot that asks, at random times, questions like "what do you want me to do?' or "do you want to know where is the nearest gas station?" This might well happen when I am doing something like yard work with the phone in my pocket, or some other completely random time.

What is this? And how can I absolutely disable it permanently? I have looked online but the instructions do not apply.

Thank you

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Android phone freakish behavior
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 07:42:48 »
Told the phone to shut up.

Saw the movie.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline yui

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:00:58 »
there is a recent Android update that made it much harder to disable the google assistant, it also will turn itself back on randomly on my phone. although the turning itself back on mine does not really do that, when off and plugged it it will power up to a half on state of sort, but not fully on
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 12:33:11 »

a recent Android update that made it much harder to disable the google assistant

I think I may have figured it out. Thank you for the encouragement.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 12:35:24 »

a recent Android update that made it much harder to disable the google assistant

I think I may have figured it out. Thank you for the encouragement.

Is the power thing still a mystery? I noticed something similar about the iPhone SE I need to use for a dedicated tech help line at work and Apple's support in a help forum just said to plug it in and then shut it off. There was no other way around it, which seems beyond stupid.

I'm running Android 9 (LineageOS) on a Samsung Galaxy S5 still and my system stays off when plugged in. It only turns the screen on to display the charge level. If I had a phone running the latest version of Android I would dig around for a relevant setting. Mine's got nothing in the battery or screen setting categories in settings, but you could take a look.

You would think there would be an option for it with vanilla Android like the Pixels tend to use ... since being able to tweak everything to your liking is part of what sells Android to people.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 14:16:19 »