Author Topic: [GB] 🌞🌊 KAM Ocean Front 🌞🌊 GB Closed, all kits will be made!  (Read 30656 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] 🌞🌊 KAM Ocean Front 🌞🌊 GB Closed, all kits will be made!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 14:20:29 »
ZFrontier put an update announcing the production for KAM Ocean Front starting/happening in August this year. We'll see about that but that's an update.

Source: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 14:06:12 »
Has there been any update to this?

Offline acerb

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 18:47:36 »
According to the discord, production has started end of November. R2 of samples has been approved and the box designed (again, all from discord, with sample pictures).

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 13:00:12 »
According to the discord, production has started end of November. R2 of samples has been approved and the box designed (again, all from discord, with sample pictures).

Awesome! thanks for the info

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 16:12:29 »
thanks. any reason why this thread isn't being updated?
when designers use GH as an advertising platform, least they could do is keeping the thread up to date.

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 20:44:01 »
when designers use GH as an advertising platform, least they could do is keeping the thread up to date.
^^this

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 21:21:53 »
^^this

Unfortunately Meijboom hasn't been on Geekhack since 25 March 2022.

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 27 January 2023, 13:15:07 »
Saw the comments above, but seems like there's been almost nothing happening as I haven't seen much of any actual updates on this in quite a while.  Has anyone heard anything about when this might actually finish production and get to vendors to be delivered?  If there are answers in a Discord server, can someone send the invite link to that server here?  Thanks in advance!  :thumb:
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline lazaret

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 07:32:56 »
Saw the comments above, but seems like there's been almost nothing happening as I haven't seen much of any actual updates on this in quite a while.  Has anyone heard anything about when this might actually finish production and get to vendors to be delivered?  If there are answers in a Discord server, can someone send the invite link to that server here?  Thanks in advance!  :thumb:

It seems like the keycaps are in the QC phase (from a user on the discord server who saw a wechat update from zfrontier), so production should be done. No news about shipping yet.
Here's an invite to the server:

https://discord.gg/rXjT4ukS

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 29 January 2023, 05:59:25 »

I totally agree, I'm sorry.
The project went "on the back burner" with all the delays due to covid.
I lost track a bit, but picked back up the pace again. I haven't heard from zFrontier since 2 months ago, I was told the kit was getting injected but nothing about QC as of yet. will update the post once more is known.

From my last info in December it was getting injected, and the packaging was getting prepared.

I will be online weekly from now on, if there are any further questions just reply here or DM me and I'll try my best to help.

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 05:11:36 »
The set is in QC, will get to packaging soon  :D

Offline Meijboom

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 27 March 2023, 01:54:19 »
The is getting shipped asap, QC is done  :)

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 05:09:08 »
Any idea which vendors will have extras or still have preorders up?

Offline rockydbull

The is getting shipped asap, QC is done  :)

Any updates on when this is getting shipped?

Offline acerb

Depends strongly on your vendor. Some of them shipped it already, others didnt pay the order yet and shipping didnt even start.
If sea freight, it might take 2 to 4 months to your local vendor too.

Offline Ranker2

Any insight on which vendors already paid and we can expect to receive from them?

Offline BSGalaxy

I really wish that Vendors would be a little more forth coming and consistent with updates. The US Vendor, Keyhive, doesn't even have a dedicated update page for group buys. Instead, the 'updates' are on the purchasing page of the item. All they currently have listed is that zfrontier link to their 'progress report' from January of 2022 and a note that says verbatim 'we don't know the shipping date' even though the estimate still lists Q2 2022.

I sent them a message a few days ago asking for an update and haven't heard back yet, but hearing that the keyset is potentially already shipping, being delivered, or in transit for other vendors irks me. I just want to hear something from the vendor. I feel like this has been happening for smaller vendors where bigger vendors have a better handle on proper updates these days (CK, NK, KBDFans, etc). Yes, I know there are apparently messages in the discord for meijiboom, but he's the designer and doesn't control what each vendor does. Even if there was 0 movement, seeing the vendor go 'sorry, no updates at this time' to see even just an ounce of care would be great.

Just wanted to vent a bit because my desire for this keyset has absolutely tanked after waiting more than 2 years.

EDIT: The vendor did respond after a few days from my email with the good news that the caps just came in and should be shipping within a week or two, I will give them that respect to update this.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 June 2023, 12:01:54 by BSGalaxy »
Space80 / Frog / Hex 6C / Jelly60
KAT Lich / KAT Lucky Jade / GMK Tokyo Nights / PBT Pegaso

Offline rockydbull

I really wish that Vendors would be a little more forth coming and consistent with updates. The US Vendor, Keyhive, doesn't even have a dedicated update page for group buys. Instead, the 'updates' are on the purchasing page of the item. All they currently have listed is that zfrontier link to their 'progress report' from January of 2022 and a note that says verbatim 'we don't know the shipping date' even though the estimate still lists Q2 2022.

I sent them a message a few days ago asking for an update and haven't heard back yet, but hearing that the keyset is potentially already shipping, being delivered, or in transit for other vendors irks me. I just want to hear something from the vendor. I feel like this has been happening for smaller vendors where bigger vendors have a better handle on proper updates these days (CK, NK, KBDFans, etc). Yes, I know there are apparently messages in the discord for meijiboom, but he's the designer and doesn't control what each vendor does. Even if there was 0 movement, seeing the vendor go 'sorry, no updates at this time' to see even just an ounce of care would be great.

Just wanted to vent a bit because my desire for this keyset has absolutely tanked after waiting more than 2 years.

EDIT: The vendor did respond after a few days from my email with the good news that the caps just came in and should be shipping within a week or two, I will give them that respect to update this.

I just got my tracking number!

Offline LumiP

I just had mine delivered, and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in how the gradient came out for the sand side of this set. That dusky beige color isn't present in the set at all, unless I got sent a low QC set. The sand gradient is almost non-existent. I'm going to have to wait to see some other photos of the set so that I know whether to contact Keyhive or not to contest my delivery.

UPDATE: Checked some posted images, and--nope. This is as intended. The renders and samples just made me think that the initial start of the sand gradient would be a deeper beige/almost brown. I guess I'll just have to chalk that up to lighting and display differences and call it a day. The legends and glossy/matte textures are legit perfect, and I love the idea for the set. Novelties fantastic. I just wish that the gradient had that "wet sand" color in person where the "water" and "sand" meet.

But I won't complain too much. I get to finish a build I've been holding onto for two years (Sangeo60, which I think is perfect for this set tbh).
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 12:22:15 by LumiP »
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline rockydbull

I just had mine delivered, and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in how the gradient came out for the sand side of this set. That dusky beige color isn't present in the set at all, unless I got sent a low QC set. The sand gradient is almost non-existent. I'm going to have to wait to see some other photos of the set so that I know whether to contact Keyhive or not to contest my delivery.

UPDATE: Checked some posted images, and--nope. This is as intended. The renders and samples just made me think that the initial start of the sand gradient would be a deeper beige/almost brown. I guess I'll just have to chalk that up to lighting and display differences and call it a day. The legends and glossy/matte textures are legit perfect, and I love the idea for the set. Novelties fantastic. I just wish that the gradient had that "wet sand" color in person where the "water" and "sand" meet.

But I won't complain too much. I get to finish a build I've been holding onto for two years (Sangeo60, which I think is perfect for this set tbh).

Where are you seeing posted images of the set? I would love to see what you are talking about about

Edit: found here https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/127feb4/kam_ocean_front_is_a_thing_of_beauty/

Honestly i can't chalk up the 9IK column to lighting. The renders literally show it as a dark brown and they just straight up didn't do it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 17:15:34 by rockydbull »