Author Topic: A switch between mx clears and browns  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Frenky

A switch between mx clears and browns
« on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 01:56:58 »
Hi friends,

I've been using mx browns but I think they're a tad bit light for me. Now I've already ordered a board with mx clears (still in the mail) but I was wondering if there's a switch between clears and browns in terms of pressure (between 45g and 65g, so 55g). Could this be a sweet spot? I have googled around but can't find an answer, anybody here know?

Thanks!

Offline Spopepro

Re: A switch between mx clears and browns
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 02:12:12 »
I think you would probably like the 62g zealios. They will feel much softer, and to me a tiny bit less tactile, than clears.

Offline Frenky

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 07:56:28 »
Interesting, thank you! Will def check them out

Offline tomboy

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 September 2016, 08:16:16 »
There are also the MOD switches the current TADA group buy has:

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 01:04:16 »
Mod the clear spring and lube?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 02:56:42 »
Light zealios for sure. 62g/65g
Hi :)

Offline Erzegovaz

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 04:29:28 »
I think kailh brown. I`ve cherry brown and kailh brown near me and I feel kailh more bumpy and a little more heavier, but not so much like clear.(as people said)
Little video upload: http://it.tinypic.com/player.php?v=16lwt9u&s=9
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 September 2016, 08:37:30 by Erzegovaz »

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 14:02:42 »
I am typing on clears right now. It's a bit too heavy for long time use, but since I don't typing much I am okay with it. I am thinking about modding it though, since my weaker fingers don't love these switches.

Offline typo

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 02:18:13 »
I had a question and think this is a good place to ask it. Is Clear actually the heaviest switch when you consider it exceeds 100G at the end? I know the super blacks are stiffer overall but I am not sure if they behave the same way. Getting firmer than rated at the end of travel.  I find the clears really not stiff enough! I have an idea though, could I put super black springs on them? The problem would be harvesting that many springs. Any other idea to get stiffer springs on it? I do not wish to replace all the switches though. I do not think there is any board on the market with all switches stiffer than clears? I am very odd I guess. I love very firm switches and DSA profile. To me the Realforce uniform 55G was mush. No offense intended though. I am a Gorilla of sorts.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 02:21:58 »
I had a question and think this is a good place to ask it. Is Clear actually the heaviest switch when you consider it exceeds 100G at the end? I know the super blacks are stiffer overall but I am not sure if they behave the same way. Getting firmer than rated at the end of travel.  I find the clears really not stiff enough! I have an idea though, could I put super black springs on them? The problem would be harvesting that many springs. Any other idea to get stiffer springs on it? I do not wish to replace all the switches though. I do not think there is any board on the market with all switches stiffer than clears? I am very odd I guess. I love very firm switches and DSA profile. To me the Realforce uniform 55G was mush. No offense intended though. I am a Gorilla of sorts.

what about Cherry MX Tactile Grey?

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 03:39:50 »
That is a lot of space bars! I hardly notice a difference anyways.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 03:49:04 »
? you can by the switches you know.

Offline typo

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 11:34:41 »
Oh, I did not know that. ?hanks. the only problem is I am not up to replacing all the switches. Some way to do it with springs? I wonder if ultimately, over their full travel the Clears are heavier. The space bar is Grey and seems lighter to me.  I am not sure if Greys increase in force as they travel? you have 65/100+G vs 80/?G.

Offline valro46

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 08:02:06 »
How about Matias Quiet Click?

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 September 2016, 08:50:34 »
I don't knoe whether this is true for you, but I find that always bottom out on my clears as a result of not using all my fingers. This means I mainly use my index and middle fingers when typing, also because I've never had any typing education. I find that after using my clears for some time my hands (not fingers, but hands) start to hurt. For my weaker pinkys the weight of clears don't feel natural, so I am thinking of putting lighter springs on them. I wonder if I can train my fingers to not bottom out with these springs though.