Author Topic: where to buy black blank thick pbt keycaps?  (Read 1926 times)

Offline dnLL

where to buy black blank thick pbt keycaps?
« on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 20:27:25 »
like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231523273498
I tried nearly everywhere and can't find any thick blank black PBT keycaps available... why is it so rare????

I'm in Canada, don't mind overcost shipping as long as it doesn't cost me more than the actual Filco board...

and yeah, it's for a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (Cherry MX Blue). I looked at the pinned threads but didn't find anything relevant.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 20:29:20 by dnLL »

Offline Jujucohn

Re: where to buy black blank thick pbt keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 08:00:25 »
I see blank black pbt caps on massdrop all the time.  Signature Plastic also has blank pbt available in any color them you don't have to deal with massdrop waiting times.  The people with that is they are only avaliable in DSA ( short spherical and no difference between rows)

Offline Tomasz

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:11:16 »
I have Vortex PBT blank keycaps set for sale but they are not really black... rather dark grey/graphite.

Not to mention, I have used them on the exactly same keyboard that you have. If you are interested, feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:34:18 by Tomasz »

Offline dnLL

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 20:44:56 »
pm sent tomasz, really depends on the color. Vortex is thick from what I understand?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 20:48:02 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71995.0

Wait and see if anyone decides to ditch their set.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline dnLL

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 22:30:29 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71995.0

Wait and see if anyone decides to ditch their set.

interesting, thanks.
I'll see wait for Tomasz first.

I don't exactly understand what's the difference between all the brands like Vortex and such... I know there are OEM and Cherry profiles, I think the default keycaps on my Filco are OEM? On my Leopold, the keycaps are cherry profile except for the function row where it is taller, so probably oem profile (does that sound possible?).

So if you can teach me real quick about what does Vortex or other brands mean... I'm just looking for thick pbt because it's more durable from what I've heard and people tend to prefer the feeling of those from what I've read in the thick vs thin threads after a google search. I had thin white PBT and I liked it (although I must admit that the really smooth texture on the oem filco abs does feel nice), but the problem with white keycaps is how quick dirt appears everywhere around the keycaps, it shouldn't be as much of a problem with black keycaps. Also, everything is black on my desk, so black on black with no prints at all, I would love that... really dark grey would do too I guess (similar to my Razer Destructor mousepad like I said, or even darker is my ASUS ROG Gladius mouse).