Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 494243 times)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Since payment was due today, I would be willing to buy an unpaid spot.

Read two post above you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sunnywala

Doubt it but, any special numbered ones unpaid?

Offline SpareWalrus

Pretty sure they were all paid, but if not I believe they were going to be raffled off.

Offline loud_asian

A numbered slot will not be available, unfortunately.

EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
There would have been a raffle for any numbered slots that would be left unpaid, but there was no need for it after all.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Sissy

Ahhh I can't wait for this to get going!!
Same, Gonna make it special and use Zealistotles for my build

Offline SpareWalrus

Still trying to decide which switches I'm going to use. Got some mod samplers the other day and really enjoying the mod-m - was a bit disappointed with Zealios 67g on my last build. Thinking I may go the lubed mod-m route, but not completely sure yet. I do know I need to order me some Zeal stabs though :D

Offline eyedrop

Still trying to decide which switches I'm going to use. Got some mod samplers the other day and really enjoying the mod-m - was a bit disappointed with Zealios 67g on my last build. Thinking I may go the lubed mod-m route, but not completely sure yet. I do know I need to order me some Zeal stabs though :D
What didn't you like about the 67g zealios?

Offline SpareWalrus

To be honest, they weren't as tactile as I expected. For background, I had installed them on a MiniVan with DSA key caps. I have recently tried out Zealios 67g on ZZ96 with GMK caps that I liked better than on my MiniVan, however I'm just cautious of using them and not enjoying them. For me, the bump on the mod switches, while a bit more scratchy, is quite a bit more pronounced. I feel like they will be great lubed (I just don't have any at the moment to test out).

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Smooth Cherry MX Clears with *stock* spring for me (lubricated, of course).  My favorite <3

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
There would have been a raffle for any numbered slots that would be left unpaid, but there was no need for it after all.

:(

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
There would have been a raffle* for any numbered slots that would be left unpaid, but there was no need for it after all.

:(

*Only for those who had already joined the GB, of course.

Offline SpareWalrus

Trying to decide how to handle the bottom row. I purchased Winkey, can any one confirm if these three options are available with the TX87? Thinking of going for the middle option - retaining the function key but getting that 7u space bar.

1.25, 1.25, 1.25, 6.25, 1.25, 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
1.25, 1, 1.25, 7, 1.25, 1, 1, 1.25
1.5, 1, 1.5, 7, 1.5, 1, 1.5

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Only the first and third layouts are possible for this PCB + MIRA plate.  I can't say I've seen the middle layout before on any custom PCB/plate (unless maybe it's on some of those odd modern keyboards with random bottom row layouts).

Offline SpareWalrus

Hmm, think I may just go the 6.25 route instead then. Thanks for confirming Photoelectric!

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.

To be honest, they weren't as tactile as I expected. For background, I had installed them on a MiniVan with DSA key caps. I have recently tried out Zealios 67g on ZZ96 with GMK caps that I liked better than on my MiniVan, however I'm just cautious of using them and not enjoying them. For me, the bump on the mod switches, while a bit more scratchy, is quite a bit more pronounced. I feel like they will be great lubed (I just don't have any at the moment to test out).

I built two 60% boards both with aluminum plates and both with acrylic cases. The only notable difference is the switches: 67g Zealios vs. MOD-M's. The MOD switches definitely have a larger bump, but unlike you, I think I prefer the 67g Zealios. But they're both great for medium weight (is this a term? oh well) typists.

Offline Rayoui

I'm going to do lubed ergo clears for the Mira. I don't really care for Zealios; the stems are a bit too wobbly for my liking. I am going to try some of Zeal's screw-in stabs though.
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline Sissy

I'm going to do lubed ergo clears for the Mira. I don't really care for Zealios; the stems are a bit too wobbly for my liking. I am going to try some of Zeal's screw-in stabs though.
Ye I got my stabs bagged and ready, look great and will look nice with clear key housing also

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
Sad I missed this. Willing to buy someone's spot or if the GB runner could graciously "find" me one, I can pay upfront and would super appreciative to anyone willing to help me out.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Sad I missed this. Willing to buy someone's spot or if the GB runner could graciously "find" me one, I can pay upfront and would super appreciative to anyone willing to help me out.

Please note the bold-font notice in the first post about buying or selling GB slots, for reference.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
after seeing whats happening with the mech-27 group buy I am very very very happy these will have custom boxes!

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch

Please note the bold-font notice in the first post about buying or selling GB slots, for reference.

Totally. I wouldn't buy a spot without going through the GB admin ever. Too risky and not fair to everyone else.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."

$40 for a set of stabs? Hard pass. That's just daylight robbery at that price point.

I'm glad Zeal is supplying some for this GB, because there is no way I'm buying a set @ retail. That markup is just insane.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Rayoui

$40 for a set of stabs? Hard pass. That's just daylight robbery at that price point.

I'm glad Zeal is supplying some for this GB, because there is no way I'm buying a set @ retail. That markup is just insane.

$40 for some nice gold-plated stabs is insane but $400 for a keyboard is perfectly ok?   :))
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

$40 for some nice gold-plated stabs is insane but $400 for a keyboard is perfectly ok?   :))

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."

It comes down to relative value. I'll spend $30,000 on a car, but I can still balk at absurdly expensive tires. When Cherry stabs are only $12, a 350% increase is quite drastic.

I can guarantee the $400 keyboard is much closer to the true production value, than a $40 set of stabs. That's why I said the markup is what is insane.

It would be the equivalent of the GB price for the Mira going to $800.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:44:18 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:03:57 by alienman82 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Let's be nice to Zeal in this thread.  He is after all voluntarily donating 57 sets of those stabilizers to GB participants with no reimbursement.  There are other stabilizers to choose from on a budget.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
who do i need to pm if i have an address change?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
PM nonjadoc or me.

Offline iArson

I'm not sure if my address will be the same by the ship date. If anything changes when the latest I could change it?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
I'm not sure if my address will be the same by the ship date. If anything changes when the latest I could change it?

I would be in the same position. My new address isn't confirmed till at least June.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Please PM me with address change as soon as you learn what the new address will be.  Since shipping will be done from China, it probably won't matter for shipping charges if your address changes from one location in a country to another location within the same country.  With that said, we'd like to minimize any last minute changes to avoid any possible confusion on the manufacturer's end, since this is a many-part group buy.

Offline forevermadrigal

Not sure if this has been answered but will there be extras?

Offline stillzman

Unfortunately, I do not think so.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

All the kits are to be made as ordered, so no extras.

Offline Liocer

I am super sad that I missed this :(.. If anyone wants to sell let me know :)

Offline I_need_a_bath

Is it too late to request a color change at this point?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

Only if it's the color of anodized aluminum (and ASAP).  The list of parts has already been sent to the manufacturer, but color change can be still accommodated within a short window of time (nothing like aluminum plate -> steel plate, however).  Send me a PM with what you're looking to change.

Offline I_need_a_bath

Only if it's the color of anodized aluminum (and ASAP).  The list of parts has already been sent to the manufacturer, but color change can be still accommodated within a short window of time (nothing like aluminum plate -> steel plate, however).  Send me a PM with what you're looking to change.

Sent you the PM... thank you!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
UPDATE :)

I got some MIRA prototype case tops today from ninjadoc for photographing purposes (since my potato is a bit better :)

Here's a color-calibrated photo album that shows Night Sky Blue (medium blue-gray with purple tinge) and Lunar Gray (medium-dark gray with a tint of military green):
http://imgur.com/a/Ni2h1

Remember that these are for color reference only.  Anodized aluminum is subject to glare, especially indoors, and so brightness level varies depending on angle, etc.  The blue is actually a medium blue (not a light blue, nor dark blue).

The first set of photographs is taken next to a window with very overcast (snowing heavily now) light.  The second set is taken under "full spectrum" CFL bulbs.  I've also included some common GMK keycap colors at the end next to the tops, for reference.  The last two photos show original Cherry classic beige doubleshots next to both top colors.

The blue is more shimmery and reflective.  The gray is more matte.  The surface texture is quite smooth for both, fine grain.

. . .

Shipping invoices will hopefully start going out soon--I hope within a week.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 15:23:46 by Photoelectric »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
No bull****, I'm real sad I missed this one.

Gotta get in on the moon then
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Thanks for the photos, Photo! That lunar grey is looking mighty fine!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
UPDATE :)

I got some MIRA prototype case tops today from ninjadoc for photographing purposes (since my potato is a bit better :)

Here's a color-calibrated photo album that shows Night Sky Blue (medium blue-gray with purple tinge) and Lunar Gray (medium-dark gray with a tint of military green):
http://imgur.com/a/Ni2h1

Remember that these are for color reference only.  Anodized aluminum is subject to glare, especially indoors, and so brightness level varies depending on angle, etc.  The blue is actually a medium blue (not a light blue, nor dark blue).

The first set of photographs is taken next to a window with very overcast (snowing heavily now) light.  The second set is taken under "full spectrum" CFL bulbs.  I've also included some common GMK keycap colors at the end next to the tops, for reference.  The last two photos show original Cherry classic beige doubleshots next to both top colors.

The blue is more shimmery and reflective.  The gray is more matte.  The surface texture is quite smooth for both, fine grain.

. . .

Shipping invoices will hopefully start going out soon--I hope within a week.

thanks for these, PE but... when can we see pictures of the colors from the gb?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
When production ends.  This album shows 2 of the GB colors: Night Sky Blue and Lunar Gray.  Silver and black are self-explanatory.  Pink prototype is in a different country, but the album for pink was linked a while ago (it's linked in the OP).

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
oh, so this is THE blue we can expect to see on production?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
It is the blue, correct.  But again, because it's shiny and there's glare, don't judge the brightness.  Just the shade.  (also subject to how yellow your indoor illumination is--these were color-balanced).

« Last Edit: Fri, 31 March 2017, 16:25:36 by Photoelectric »

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
I'm still happy with my night sky blue decision but man that lunar gray is really really nice...

The last picture in the album with the lunar gray on top of the beige caps looks amazing :'(
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
If anyone decides that they'd really like a different shade of aluminum for any part in their order, send me a PM :)  This offer only applies to aluminum parts.

Offline megaforce

There's a purple tint to it, still looks good though!
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)