Author Topic: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - GB SHIPPED  (Read 14309 times)

Offline Cotay

Re: [GB] 1.8mm and 2x3x4mm LEDs (and SIP sockets) - GB SHIPPED
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 13:17:31 »
My LEDs came in yesterday!  :thumb:

Got mine Thursday. As always, I should have ordered more.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 16:35:00 »
My LEDs came in yesterday!  :thumb:

Got mine Thursday. As always, I should have ordered more.

lol, same.

Only had time to test the sky blue but they look great. Will hopefully find time to solder them in tomorrow.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 00:41:34 »
Got my sky blue LED's, great work! Definitely sky-blue-ish! ;)

Offline Draic

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 07:39:47 »
Only one of my two packages arrived so far, but no time to test anything yet

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 22:12:57 »
Glad to hear they are in people's hands!

As I mentioned before, I'm quite happy with how the Sky Blue turned out. I may run a few smaller GBs for other interesting colors in the future when I have more time on my hands.

If people have suggestions, please message me and I'll add it to the list for consideration!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 14:49:44 »
My "warm white" LEDs and other stuff arrived today.

I know it is not the intended use, but I replaced my PC's blue power LED with the warm white, because I hate blue LEDs. Very warm indeed, like the yellow post background colour of the Thoriated forum theme I am using here ... and very bright!
I will have to put a resistor on it if there is no BIOS setting for driving it with PWM...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 21:58:22 »
LEDs have arrived (in Australia) - many thanks :)

The diffused white seems slightly less white than some other white LEDs I have, although the warm white is very nice.

The green is extremely bright!  The red seems a bit weak in comparison (same as another batch of LEDs I have - bright green but much less bright red).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shados

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:18:50 »
I'm really amused that my order fit so neatly into a box. Was going to post pic when I received originally but forgot :).

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 10:03:01 »
I'm really amused that my order fit so neatly into a box. Was going to post pic when I received originally but forgot :).

I remember trying your order in 3 different box sizes until this one fit perfectly...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 21:40:46 »

That is a *lot* of LEDs! :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 23:38:14 »

Even for a Christmas tree.

Offline Shados

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 19:56:17 »

Looking at the numbers, I am 5% of the GB orders by volume, kek. I like building boards to a theme (although not necessarily keeping them), so I figured I'd stock up on a variety of LED colours ahead of time :).