Author Topic: [IC] Pluto - FRL with Dual Mounting - In PreOrder  (Read 25117 times)

Offline saab

[IC] Pluto - FRL with Dual Mounting - In PreOrder
« on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 22:00:00 »
GB Page soon
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 July 2023, 10:25:17 by saab »

Offline saab

Re: [IC] Pluto - Affordable FRL with Dual Mounting
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 22:01:02 »
Reserved for updates

Offline B_D

• bdskeyboards
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 22:05:49 »
this looks really cool will def follow  :thumb:
height=120]https://imgur.com/rPWNMJz.png[/img][/url]

Offline LosTaquitos

• Professional Procrastinator
    • Keebs.gg Profile
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 22:08:43 »
Definitely keeping an eye on this! Love the design of the three planets. I notice that foam is not mentioned or shown at all, is foam simply not planned for the Pluto or has it just not been added to the IC yet? I'd like to at least have the option to add case and/or plate foam, even if for extra cost. Looking great so far!
Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3070 Noctua OC | LANCOOL II Mesh

Mode Sonnet | Jwick Semi-Silent | GMK Civilizations

Pulsar Xlite V2 Wireless | Gamebitions Orbit

Offline saab

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 13 January 2023, 22:13:58 »
Definitely keeping an eye on this! Love the design of the three planets. I notice that foam is not mentioned or shown at all, is foam simply not planned for the Pluto or has it just not been added to the IC yet? I'd like to at least have the option to add case and/or plate foam, even if for extra cost. Looking great so far!
Hey, thanks ive read your response in the IC form, just added a question to see how many people prefer foam.
Foam isnt expensive, if its done extra. I will be able to add it <3

Offline Friendship

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 09:20:32 »
Looks cool! Can you show the oring/top mount points?
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 13:20:40 »
will other plate options be available?

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 13:42:28 »
How about a white color for the Pluto since the white ver of the Hira did not make it?

Offline saab

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 16:18:51 »
will other plate options be available?
Yes, Aluminium and PC are the main focus at the moment. Since its an early IC, the response from the IC will help reveal more plate options to add :)

How about a white color for the Pluto since the white ver of the Hira did not make it?
would love to do that, the response from IC will help determine it.
However, most likely e-white will probably one of the options.

Looks cool! Can you show the oring/top mount points?

Offline yuzuu_

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 17:20:43 »
Just wanted to say I love the pricing of this, and the fact that it can o-ring mounted and top mounted which is not something you see at this price point.

Is there any chance for WKL? And if WKL, would be cool to have some engravings of Pluto on the blockers or something like that. I'm sure it would add to the cost a little but it would make the board even more unique.

GLWIC!

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 14 January 2023, 22:57:13 »
Would it be possible to provide gaskets to go over the top mount mounting points? Similar to the Sonnet?
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 00:46:49 »
Looking nice!

Offline Jho

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 06:03:06 »
Looks intriguing. Love the weight. Will watch for a prototype with a sound test if possible! Just want to get a general sound for the board. The mounting styles are promising for for what I'm looking for so very curious about the sound on each.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 06:41:51 »
This is a few of my favourite things.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline geaktior

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 09:52:10 »
cool board :thumb: will pay continuous attention to it.
would you consider adding more screws in the middle? 4 small screws for this long boy seems too less.

Offline saab

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 11:47:35 »
cool board :thumb: will pay continuous attention to it.
would you consider adding more screws in the middle? 4 small screws for this long boy seems too less.

Thanks <3,  4 screws are fine for this seamless board. if any concerns are raised, i can make changes before i get a prototype made :)

Would it be possible to provide gaskets to go over the top mount mounting points? Similar to the Sonnet?

Not at the moment, it will probably increase the price of the board having to get custom sock/gaskets made.

Just wanted to say I love the pricing of this, and the fact that it can o-ring mounted and top mounted which is not something you see at this price point.

Is there any chance for WKL? And if WKL, would be cool to have some engravings of Pluto on the blockers or something like that. I'm sure it would add to the cost a little but it would make the board even more unique.

GLWIC!

Yes 100% WKL is a must have. In the specs, ive mentioned layouts : WK & WKL.
ill add in a render soon <3

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 11:50:19 »
PC plate, top mount, seamless, hotswap, FRL TKL with a space theme?  For 300?  Sign me up. Looks like perfection to me.

Offline leggoeggoninja

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 12:38:02 »
The bottom is very similar to the Mercury 65 in design with the two tone engraving showcasing planets surrounded by stars. I think it draws too much inspiration from it personally with how it is styled to the point it seems copied.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 14:59:09 »
The bottom is very similar to the Mercury 65 in design with the two tone engraving showcasing planets surrounded by stars. I think it draws too much inspiration from it personally with how it is styled to the point it seems copied.

I see what you're saying, b/c I bought the Mercury 65 as well.  I kinda assumed this was going to get run by the same manufacturer, and they know the process at this point  ;D

Offline saab

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 15:29:27 »

Hey, the inspiration for engraving came from solar system tattoos and geometrical planets. "it seems copied" I strongly disagree, bold statement. Ive messaged the designer of Mercury65 to get their opinion to see if ive "copied" the design, two very different designs to begin with. I always show the process of my designs in my discord so everyone knows whats going on.
you can see the process of the engraving.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2023, 16:05:51 by saab »

Offline en_tr0P

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 15:37:17 »
Love the look, nice and simplistic with a beautiful bottom. Would love to see some more etching between the arrows and nav cluster to pull it all together

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 16:14:24 »
everyone and their mother has become an FRL

Edit : FRL good
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 January 2023, 10:31:03 by treeleaf64 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Toptiginn

• toptiginn.com
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 13:16:17 »
wow, the space theme is just super  :eek:

Offline EminXIII

• Life-long student
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 17 January 2023, 02:31:27 »
Saab, that's a gorgeous looking board!
GLWIC

Offline Aethelberht

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 08:39:04 »
FRLTKL with O-ring / Top mount = sign me in.

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 13:52:44 »
Oring, FRL... good stuff.
Interested to see more.

GLWIC  :p

Offline Rew23

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 15:30:59 »
Love FRL layouts and the space theme is wonderful. What colors are you planning to run in?

Offline hirashidan

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 21:51:13 »
Not sure about affordable here, custom keyboards have gotten a lot better and an MOQ of 500 is rather ambitious given that there is not that much new being brought to the table.

Offline saab

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 18:36:48 »
Not sure about affordable here, custom keyboards have gotten a lot better and an MOQ of 500 is rather ambitious given that there is not that much new being brought to the table.

The price isnt 100% solid, the price went from 300$ to 250$. Ive also made some changes to current design to improve the design a bit more :)
Ive stuck with the main goal : if the pluto gets above 330$ i will cancel the project.

Offline ArkOberon

Re: [IC] Pluto - FRL with Dual Mounting
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 19:23:30 »
Def interested, looks like the bottom design got changed. If we're not going to get the original design for the bottom is there any chance for a plain bottom instead (not a big fan of the pluto text)?

Offline saab

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 19:52:48 »
Def interested, looks like the bottom design got changed. If we're not going to get the original design for the bottom is there any chance for a plain bottom instead (not a big fan of the pluto text)?
I can defenitly look at that, see if we can have an option for plain bottom.

Offline DatuDatu

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 20:13:57 »
I would love to see a bronze or dark brown case color. I feel like there are very few keyboards out there in those kinds of colors. I'm overall super excited for this board.

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 21:34:11 »
I preferred the previous bottom engraving a lot. The small engraving on top is cute but the accent piece bothers me. Before it was a very clean looking top with the cool engraving on the bottom and now it feels like the top does a bit too much while the bottom does not do anything. These are obviously all design choices and up to personal preference.

Would be cool to have the old engraving as an option or as someone mentioned before a bottom without text. Still for me the accent piece is just not my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 February 2023, 03:47:17 by TjarleN »

Offline irithyll

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 21:48:47 »
It would be amazing if the target price point can be achieved. GLWIC!

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 23:36:24 »
I preferred the previous bottom engraving a lot. The small engraving on top is cute but the accent piece bothers me. Here. Before it was a ver clean looking top with the cool engraving on the bottom and now it feels like the top does a bit too much while the bottom does not do anything. These are obviously all design choices and up to personal preference.

Would be cool to have the old engraving as an option or as someone mentioned before a bottom without text. Still for me the accent piece is just not my cup of tea.

^ I liked how the first version was lowkey on the top, and the bottom engraving was a 10/10. Shiny accents are a bit fingerprint/scratch magnet for me, and I think too many boards already have sans serif board name engravings.

The little pluto symbol is cool though, maybe that would make a better bottom engraving than text?
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 00:43:32 »
I like the brass bottom option. I agree with the top ss piece. Would be cleaner without it but keep the symbol engraving. All in all a great design and price point.

Offline saab

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 07:15:10 »
I preferred the previous bottom engraving a lot. The small engraving on top is cute but the accent piece bothers me. Before it was a very clean looking top with the cool engraving on the bottom and now it feels like the top does a bit too much while the bottom does not do anything. These are obviously all design choices and up to personal preference.

I like the brass bottom option. I agree with the top ss piece. Would be cleaner without it but keep the symbol engraving. All in all a great design and price point.

Hey, thank you for the feedback. For the Top piece i did a poll in my discord between 3 top pieces. The current version is the one that got the most votes. The plain top barely recieved any love.

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 07:22:26 »
Hey, thank you for the feedback. For the Top piece i did a poll in my discord between 3 top pieces. The current version is the one that got the most votes. The plain top barely recieved any love.
Show Image

Option of engraving without accent wasn’t an option?

Offline saab

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 07:53:57 »
Show Image

Option of engraving without accent wasn’t an option?

Personal Preference, just an engraving is done too much.

Offline TjarleN

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 09:18:31 »
Fair enough, did not mean to ***** around :D

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 11:24:35 »
Liking the new top accents, would prefer the old engraving on the bottom

Offline Sieglinde

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 12:03:25 »
I would prefer no engraving with the accent piece.

Offline Jho

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 February 2023, 18:15:45 »
Kind of bummed about the bottom engraving change, loved the first one. This one is still nice on the eyes, but it's just not my cup of tea. Although, if that's where the price difference came from, then I completely understand why that was done. I would also be interested in that plain bottom option if the old design is gone. Love the top Pluto symbol engraving though!

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 06:50:41 »
The initial idea of the project - keep it simple - combined with a beautiful engraving on the bottom was fantastic!!!
Having removed the initial engraving, and added IMHO superfluous details (accent and top engraving), I have the impression that this project has lost sight of the initial premises (price included).
Too bad (for me), but of course GLWIC!!!
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline saab

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 13:10:13 »
I would prefer no engraving with the accent piece.

Hmm, maybe there could be an option for that. We are miles away from a prototype and solidfying the decisions.

Kind of bummed about the bottom engraving change, loved the first one. This one is still nice on the eyes, but it's just not my cup of tea. Although, if that's where the price difference came from, then I completely understand why that was done. I would also be interested in that plain bottom option if the old design is gone. Love the top Pluto symbol engraving though!
Thanks alot for your feedback Jho, yea unfortunately old engraving is gone. It wouldve required two tone anodisation to make the engraving fully visible.

The initial idea of the project - keep it simple - combined with a beautiful engraving on the bottom was fantastic!!!
Having removed the initial engraving, and added IMHO superfluous details (accent and top engraving), I have the impression that this project has lost sight of the initial premises (price included).
Too bad (for me), but of course GLWIC!!!
Hey ylothar, thanks for your opinion. sorry that you dont like the accent with top engraving. Ive added the question regarding the new top piece and i am still getting feedback from it. I mean there is a reson we do interest checks :) as for Price 250$ is still lower than 330$ <3

As for Pluto right now, ill be waiting for a prototype and conduct testing. See how it feels, sounds and most importantly the quality.

Offline Rew23

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 13:00:28 »
Definitely preferred the original bottom design or even blank over the current. The top engraving and the accent piece is a really cool change though. GLWIC.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 13 February 2023, 04:35:25 »
any chance you could consider offering Pluto in teal/aqua color?

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 15 February 2023, 19:42:38 »
honestly preferred original engraving and no accent, but that's just what i think
anyways glwic!

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 05 March 2023, 02:52:39 »
hey there are a few things I am missing and hope that will get updatd before the Pluto (I know its in a early stage of IC) goes into GB.
pictures of the protos so we know what the product looks irl instead of renders. Renders are one thing, but seeing actual protos are another one. My concern comes from keycap renders that in the past had problems matcing the renders. So I would apreciate actual proto pics.
the next thing would be the PCB, are there flexcuts? I didnt find that on the kbdfans IC nor here. Would love to know if it has or doesnt have cuts. And if it has cuts then I would like to know where.

Offline TypeBis

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 08:22:07 »
very nice, love the specs and the colors you went for.  good luck!