geekhack Marketplace > Originative

[IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]

<< < (3/68) > >>

sherryton:

--- Quote from: OompaLoompa on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:40:13 ---I'm admittedly new to this community but why exactly is this being offered as just one super large kit instead of as separate child kits? Why not allow what mods people want instead of forcing someone to buy the entire set. I would like to own a sky dolch tkl set but dont need it in Iso, and Whitefox, and with yellow mods, and magenta mods, and green mods, and....

--- End quote ---

It's really difficult from certain manufacturers to produce Child Kids. It's a lot easier to make the rest of the kits a reality by making it in one larger kit. Previously, we had about 65% of the keys for $180. I'm just trying to give a pre-order/early bird special to people who wants to pick up a Sky Dolch set!

OompaLoompa:

--- Quote from: sherryton on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:50:01 ---
--- Quote from: OompaLoompa on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:40:13 ---I'm admittedly new to this community but why exactly is this being offered as just one super large kit instead of as separate child kits? Why not allow what mods people want instead of forcing someone to buy the entire set. I would like to own a sky dolch tkl set but dont need it in Iso, and Whitefox, and with yellow mods, and magenta mods, and green mods, and....

--- End quote ---

It's really difficult from certain manufacturers to produce Child Kids. It's a lot easier to make the rest of the kits a reality by making it in one larger kit. Previously, we had about 65% of the keys for $180. I'm just trying to give a pre-order/early bird special to people who wants to pick up a Sky Dolch set!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the response! I was genuinely curious and not trying to come off as a ****   :thumb: 199$ seems like a lot but I would love to get my hands on a sky dolch

Saint Chewy:

--- Quote from: sherryton on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:25:57 ---
--- Quote from: Saint Chewy on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:00:05 ---Love sky dolch Please leave options for the windows 10 key and nubbed f and j keys and it will be perfect for me

--- End quote ---

We should definitely include both F & J in this round...

--- Quote from: shower_king on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:13:08 ---i prefer Win8 or Code or diamond in double-shot to win 98 in pad-print.
i am fond of magenta and yellow and other color legend MOD, keep them on.

--- End quote ---

Yes, we will look into Win98 (Double-Shot) or Diamond. I'm not a huge fan of the Windows 8...

Thanks for your words on the Magenta and Yellow keys :)

--- Quote from: megaforce93 on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:14:05 ---
--- Quote from: Dr_Alphabet on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:05:19 ---of course people love this set but what the hell is someone like me supposed to do with the extra 131 keys? This hot tubs too hot! I'm not coming back here anymore!

--- End quote ---
Kappa.

Would love to pick the RGBY keys separately for us current sky Dolch owners.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

We'll do our best to make that happen!

--- End quote ---

Please consider the windows 8 key. I understand this may not be to the liking of some people but at the same time people like myself may not be fond of using the win98 key on such a beautiful set in 2016.

I know you are trying to make this set a endgame set by including over 200 keys. This seriously would be my end game if it included that.

Suembeaux:

--- Quote from: Dr_Alphabet on Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:05:19 ---of course people love this set but what the hell is someone like me supposed to do with the extra 131 keys? This hot tubs too hot! I'm not coming back here anymore!

--- End quote ---

Right? What is the point of buying literally 2-4 times as many caps as necessary for most boards. Even the normal 117 kits cover most everything, I understand it is easier and "faster" for GB hosts to have one big kit, which seems to be the trend lately, but damn. Catering to the masses != catering to literally everyone.

Edit: but admittedly 218 keys for $200 seems to be one of the best key to $ ratios I have seen from a GMK buy lately.

Vigrith:
I'll have a hard time spending $200 on a single set for a while since September has been so packed and October's looking busy as well but I'd say that's a pretty good deal for almost 220 keys of an awesome colourway; it's hard to cater to everybody and it does look like the trend lately is to have these kinda huge single kit buys, I'm pretty neutral on whether or not it's "better" than running multiple child packs but they're definitely nice for newer members who are unsure of what boards they'll be getting in the future - it's nice to have a (albeit expensive) safety net to fall back on as was mentioned by another user a few posts ago.

Good luck with the GB Sherry! Going to be hard for me to squeeze out the dough for this one but I'm in for Hyperfuse for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version